Missing Illian Crossbowman Models

Llewen

Warlord
I appear to be missing the Illian crossbowman models, either that or they aren't linked properly. This is what I'm seeing in game:

This is the appropriate code in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file:

Code:
        <UnitArtInfo>
            <Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN_ILLIANS</Type>
            <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Crossbowman.dds</Button>
            <fScale>0.44</fScale>
            <fInterfaceScale>1</fInterfaceScale>
            <bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
            <bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
            <NIF>Art/Units/Civs/Illians/Crossbowman/Crossbowman.nif</NIF>
            <KFM>Art/Units/Crossbowman/Crossbowman.kfm</KFM>
            <SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Civs/Illians/Crossbowman/Crossbowman_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
            <ShadowDef>
                <ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
                <ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
                <fShadowScale>1</fShadowScale>
            </ShadowDef>
                <fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
                <fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
                <bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
                <TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
            <AudioRunSounds>
                <AudioRunTypeLoop/>
                <AudioRunTypeEnd/>
            </AudioRunSounds>
        </UnitArtInfo>

I'm obviously missing something because I can't even find the Illians art folder - "Art/Units/Civs/Illians".

You can't find it because it's in Assets/FFPak051. Need a program called PakBuild to unpack it.

The unit IS there (RifE uses the same fpak), the problem is actually one specific line in the xml which you can fix easily.

Remove this line:
Code:
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Civs/Illians/Crossbowman/Crossbowman_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

The shader was removed, without removing the xml for it.

Thanks so much, I knew some smart person would have the answer. :)

Im having similar problems with like 2 or 3 units, one of which is the Malakim archer.

Im having similar problems with like 2 or 3 units, one of which is the Malakim archer.

I would just find the appropriate lines and delete them.

Okay I have a more concrete problem, The wizard hall building for the amurites is appearing as the red ball. I check the Civdefines_buildings.xml for fall further (which im playing currently) and RifE which I tried playing, Im pretty certain RifE's wizard hall worked, so I check both the XML entries for the two and it turns out the path for the <NIF> section in fall further is wrong, it says Flat instead of Structures, So i try saving the changes and it keeps saying access denied when I try to save.

That would be from UAC, not from anything to do with FF. You have to take ownership of the folder (assuming you're an admin on the comp) to be able to edit it; Vista and Win7 made it harder to mess with program files.

If you don't want to do that, and ARE an admin, then copy the file somewhere else, make your change, and then paste it back in.

Damn your quick, I suppose thats a good thing for everyone on this side of the Fall From Heaven Forum. But I already fixed it. Made my changes, saved it to desktop and deleted the old one and replaced. Now it works in game, I absolutly love the fact that your game has no red balls in it (... take that how u will), makes a perfect platform for me to fix the ones in FF. I know you have no red balls cus when i installed RifE I sat there for 30 mins just looking at every single leaderhead, unit and building, really cool stuff. Wish it ran better though, would of loved to see that beast of agares model in game. Just the turns took sooooo long, even in the start of the game. Tried everything, different map types, less features, smaller maps, less civs etc etc... but I never struck the right balance of speed and the gameplay i grew accustomed to in fall further and when i came close it started to CtD. But what Im really jealous about is some of those really neat models. Wow this thread got derailed really bad lol.

Top Bottom