Paradox Interactive games

For those who wants to play MP Watk is the map :p
Europe is balanced and fine but the rest is real crap warning for people that wants to play asians. So Watk = World Universalis as European nation ;D

EU2 MP FTW!!:king:

You lot posting all these AARs has convinced me to get an EU game...probably I will wait until EU3 is out next year. :D

I may also look at getting Hearts of Iron. :D

EU2 you can get extremely cheap nowadays, and is what I would call Paradox's 'Flagship game.' Well worth a test before EU3.

Having an interest in the time period also helps matters, which probably explains why I play HoI more than EU2 these days. Which isn't to say EU isn't installed permanently on my computer :p

EU3... I'm not sure what to think about that. The option to start the year you want sounds cool, but maybe it needs more new to be worth of buying. And the graphics look little... messed. Oh well, if you can see units on political map mode then it doesn't matter, I like Victoria's and CK's graphics coz you can see units on political map mode.

You will be able to see units in Political mode ;)

Oh and, remeber Civ4s graphics back than? They will improve ;).

Well, if the whim takes me I may pick up EU2...I think Civ and maybe Medieval 2 will keep me busy though. ;)

Hearts of Iron 2 plus the expansion I might see about getting soon (I am more interested in the WW2 period anyway)

Maybe I'll buy EU3 when it is cheaper and it has AGCEEP on it. Without that the game feels unready. And MTW2, FM07, PES6 and EU2 will keep me busy enough ;)

One annoying thing I found out recently about AGCEEP is that they have decimated Novgorod. Considering that they are already surrounded by enemies it is pretty harsh to give them 1 offensiveness - so that they cannot attack, 1 Quality - Would need lots more troops and 5 land whilst giving Muscowy 9 land so that their armies always win.

I've edited Novgorod so that they have the same stats as Muscowy as they have worse leaders and are likely to be attacked by three different alliances at some point in the early game.

Well, Novgorod lost to Muscowy. Novgorod was a trade city, so that gives reasons to land 5, and they had even harbours, when Muscowy was in-land principality.

I dislike the quality ratings and the offensive rating more. The only battles that Novgorod can win are when it is 10k against 1k and even they can be a close call. I realise Novgorod lost which makes sense for the ratings when playing elsewhere in Europe as most players would prefer Russia to form however when playing a nation in the area it seems to make sense to improve their ratings as surely in an alternate history they could have defeated Muscowy. It seems ridiculous to guarentee their downfall.

I don't know the background why so lame quality and offense to Novgorod, but Muscowy has neat generals too, like Yuri Patrikeev(?).

Dell19 said:
The biggest issue is that the bad boy rating is universal so that it affects my relations with France at the same rate as the Ottomans.

Don't you control some provinces that are considered french? If you own some french core provinces, relations will sure fall in addition to the BB -points.

I just finished a game with Granada on normal/weakling. Pretty fun game; it was hard to stop Castille and Portugal in the beginning, but the hard work paid off in the end.

Norway in Catalonia :) They make me proud :salute: However, they were soon kicked out by me :D

The goal for the rest of the campaign was to colonize western Africa, and capture sunni provinces with arabic culture. Therefore alot of the wars was against the Ottomans :)

Yes about the French provinces which is why I was sending them gifts all the time until they broke the alliance. The AGCEEP wars of religion for France are a great opportunity to gain French provinces and I diplo-annexed Savoy who had brought me into a couple of wars against France and had plenty of French provinces.

Playing as Byzantium on MyMap at the moment. It isn't that much different from playing on the standard map. The only change of strategy was to attack Venice instead of Ghazi and get the two island chains next to Athens. Kind of cool that I have 16 provinces and yet the Ottomans still have a decent empire.

Nice Grenada empire btw. Tunisia have invaded Italy in my game.

But isnt it so that in MyMap, because of more provinces you get more gold, more gold means more armies and that makes it a bit unhistorical? (I never played MyMap)

Sort of. If you start with two provinces you have to conquer more provinces to get more gold and some of the added provinces are not always that profitable. I haven't really found that it is a problem since large armies are still expensive and thus I tend not to build them. I would question whether it was unhistorical though as it feels as if the army sizes are more realistic. Combat is a lot more interesting as there are more provinces to take and campaigns spread across several wars rather than one war.

Thanks for the compliments, deo and Dell :)

I have read through your Italian AAR Dell - good work!
In MyMap is the technology cost increased? Say if you are France and get all the french cores, you will have loads of provinces compared to vanilla EU2, right? Doesn't that mean much more money as deo said?

Could we see some pics from your Byzantium game Dell?

Dell19 said:
I would question whether it was unhistorical though as it feels as if the army sizes are more realistic. Combat is a lot more interesting as there are more provinces to take and campaigns spread across several wars rather than one war.

Nope, even in normal EUII, the armies are oversized.

Expect smaller armies in EUIII.

Olav said:
Thanks for the compliments, deo and Dell :)

I have read through your Italian AAR Dell - good work!
In MyMap is the technology cost increased? Say if you are France and get all the french cores, you will have loads of provinces compared to vanilla EU2, right? Doesn't that mean much more money as deo said?

The big nations like France, Spain and England don't really gain that many more provinces. The Ottomans gain a lot more and there are a lot more provinces in Italy and the eastern Adriatic coastline. It might explain why the Ottomans seem to do well technologically in the two games that I have played however there hasn't been any drastic changes in balance that I have noticed. I'll probably post a Byzantine screenshot later.

Olav said:

A little late:

Austria keeps on declaring war every five years after I attacked Naples. I decided to make them core provinces after I had taken them. Pisa was owned by Tunisia which was gained in my latest war. Karaman was annexed and I gained three provinces off the Mamluks. My BB rating is pretty high.

Its been an odd game so far as Burgundy has actually survived because France hasn't formed. Austria is forming a BWB which I haven't seen for a while. I'm planning on giving myself some more cores on Italy and eventually Italian culture after I take Rome and wait several years.

Albania and the Georgian state are my allies however I have been unable to vassalise them partly because of a lack of regular diplomats.

Top Bottom