[SDK] Blacksun's More Civs DLL (24->50)

I am not sure if i used 50ddl or 34 dll when it worked. But i managed as you, to play into the renaissance era with 34 civs. After that I added all new aviable modulare civs, together into the civarmy mod. Played all civs at the same time, and the trouble began.
As you can see from the picture, the ai are close up to discover feudalism. In the next turn the game crash.Has anyone here succeeded du play with more than 40+ civs into the renaissance era? Just to iron out what cause the problem.

Yes there is. As of 3.03 there seems to be a severly LIMITED cache for leader names, if playing from a WB map/scenario.

You've got 584 signs for all leaders. Each civ uses an overhead of 11 signs. Once you reach that 584 sign limit: error -> non recoverable CTD.

So basically you have:

584 - (number _of_civs *11) = x

signs for leader names. Thats also the reason why you'll see truncated leader names on many maps with more then 18 civs. You've got:

18 civs: 386 signs or ~ 21 for each leader
24 civs: 320 signs or ~ 13 for each leader
30 civs: 254 signs or ~ 8 for each leader
34 civs: 210 signs or ~ 6 for each leader
40 civs: 144 signs or ~ 3 for each leader
48 civs: 56 signs or ~ 1 for each leader

The average leader name is 8 signs long, so usually you are safe with up to 30 civs. Some could even squeeze 31 or 32 civs on a map with full names. Anything beyound that needs truncation of the names.
3 signs usually suffice for a recognicable trunctated leader handle. So 40 or if you squirm in a few 2 sign names even 42 civs per map are possible. If you can live with leaders named with a single sign (bow down before the mighty king @), then you might even play with 48 civs.

This bug is NOT showing up when playing a custom game though. Somehow its only affecting games that start from a per-made map.

hmmm i have a problem :confused: can enyone help me solve it? When i first started the game and made a scenario with Earth map and all civs on their right locations and i forgot to add mine :lol:, the arabs... and quit the game. Then i tryed reentering it with other civ and biuld the arabs, but the game just simpy crashes and makes a strange warning box.... :confused: anyone have any idea how to fix it? i used the 34 civ dll...

Didn't anyone tried to solve this problem. Sounds like a simple fix should be possible to me. It's just a matter locating this string and increasing its size, or splitting it up into multiple buffers.

That may be true but it's not the kind of thing that's stored in the dll that they give us access to. You would need access to the source files of the main executable most likely.

oh man i need a version of more players to Amra mod i even unistalated BTS for amra best mod ever, tons of civilizations but only 24 allowed and i cant even make that work =/, so pleassseee make one version of amra modpack ^^

Is anyone else having a problem getting this to work with Vista? It crashes on me everytime I try to initialize the game.

Never mind. I figured out what the problem was.

I got a problem with this mod.
The game crashes and I get this message: "Runtime Error!

Program: ...\ele\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

This is a "clean" mod. The only one change is: MAX_CIV_PLAYERS set from 18 to 24, 34 or 50. Make your choice, but there is no need to use 50 or 77 civs dll just for standard game. Use it if you have 50 civs in your mod. ;)

I don't want to upgrade to BTS 3.13 or 3.17. And opening dll with notepad etc. didn't help me and I don't know how to modify it. It is not as easy as xml files, it seems.
So how can I set MAX_CIV_PLAYERS from 18 to 24, 34 or 50 in my BTS version?

Will there be a 3.17 release? Or can someone step me through how to build one....I am an extreme novice in mod building. In fact, so novice, that novice might not be ther right word. Completely inexperienced modding newbie who has not built anything since civ3 mods might be more accurate. But I love playing hotseat with 52+ civs to compare relative MP strategies against eachother and see comparative windows of strategy combinations...and this mod is excellent for that.

I tried to download it but when I open the mod, it won't work... game crashes

I have Vista

Hi, Blacksun, lovely work so far, I've enjoyed it til' now.
Can you update it to for 3.19, please? :)

We are dangerously overdue for a 3.19 update.

Awesomesauce.

Is there a 3.19 for 77 civs? I know it sounds ridiculous but I was hoping to use a mod with all modular civs included in it.

Top Bottom