How many points are needed to prevent rival Spies from entering your territory?

Kaidian Blade

Chieftain
The manual and online help say this is a "passive" feature of espionage, but I have now accumulated over 150,000 points for one of the rival civs in my current game and there's around 50 turns left before the game automatically ends. How many points do you need to accumulate to have this enabled??

As far as I know that is not a passive effect that they included in the regular BTS version of the game. There are other passive effects like being able to investigate thier cities but nothing like that. hold on, i'm going to check the game.
Edit: like Quotey said, impossible

That...... really sucks. I wasted so many diverted points going into espionage, trailed in research and culture forever and all for nothing. I've even got 3 to 4 spies fortified in each city trying to thwart rival spies. And while each turn I get the messages that 2-3 spies were discovered, every other turn I find out one of the rival spies succeeded in their mission.

That's really too bad. I'll keep this in mind the next game I start. Thanks for the quick reply.

ONE spy in a town or on a tile (or, for cities, the security bureau) do increase the odds of a spy being caught but do not totally prevent the spy from completing their mission.

spy prevention: station spies on cities or strategic resources to increase the odds of foiling enemy spy action.

multiple spies on the same tile do NOT stack, spread them out.

spies and secuirty bureaus in cities do NOT stack, move your spies out into the world once the bureau is built.

use counterespionage missions if you are being harassed by the AI--100% sucess rate!

spy prevention: station spies on cities or strategic resources to increase the odds of foiling enemy spy action.

multiple spies on the same tile do NOT stack, spread them out.

spies and secuirty bureaus in cities do NOT stack, move your spies out into the world once the bureau is built.

use counterespionage missions if you are being harassed by the AI--100% sucess rate!

But you can still be caught. Sort of funny too-I had ran that mission once (as well as a number of others--but with about 70% success) and "poof" the mission completes, but the spy was caught. Shouldn't that mean mission failed?

But you can still be caught. Sort of funny too-I had ran that mission once (as well as a number of others--but with about 70% success) and "poof" the mission completes, but the spy was caught. Shouldn't that mean mission failed?

No. The mission itself succeeds. The Spy was probably caught trying to sneak away. :D

That you cannot absolutely prevent enemy spies from entering your lands, nor from doing their evil work once they're in, is one of the very few things in Civ4 which is historically accurate.

Top Bottom