3.17 - Random Map Script is weird...

It works for me, so i would need some more detail to help you out here (Like the Python log files or something...) Did you by any chance used a older version of the script from the forums ? If so you might need to remove the old files...

Does someone else have this issue ?

Well those from the old version :lol:

Should be MyGames\BeyondTheSword\PublicMaps\RandomScriptMap.py and - if you have a really-really really old version - RandomScriptUtil.py, which depending on where you put it, might be in PublicMaps as well or in CustomAssets\Python\

I am not sure if and why those old files would interfere - possibly the game somehow gets confused, heving 2 scripts with the same name... but right now i cant think of nothing else.

If the issue does not go away after removing th old files, i would need the Python log files, to see if they will reveal the problem. You would need to enable logging - in the end of the ini File:
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

I had the same problem within my own mod. The solution is in the python code in the cvMapGeneratorUtil.py. Just replace the old def initFractals(self): with the code below... Works like a charm ;)

Code:
    def initFractals(self):
		self.deserts.fracInit(self.iWidth, self.iHeight, self.grain_amount, self.mapRand, self.iFlags, self.fracXExp, self.fracYExp)
		self.iDesertTop = self.deserts.getHeightFromPercent(self.iDesertTopPercent)
		self.iDesertBottom = self.deserts.getHeightFromPercent(self.iDesertBottomPercent)

self.plains.fracInit(self.iWidth, self.iHeight, self.grain_amount+1, self.mapRand, self.iFlags, self.fracXExp, self.fracYExp)
		self.iPlainsTop = self.plains.getHeightFromPercent(self.iPlainsTopPercent)
		self.iPlainsBottom = self.plains.getHeightFromPercent(self.iPlainsBottomPercent)

self.variation.fracInit(self.iWidth, self.iHeight, self.grain_amount, self.mapRand, self.iFlags, self.fracXExp, self.fracYExp)

self.terrainDesert = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_DESERT")
		self.terrainPlains = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_PLAINS")
		self.terrainIce = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_SNOW")
		self.terrainTundra = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_TUNDRA")
		self.terrainGrass = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_GRASS")

Top Bottom