Perpentach: Per-pen-tash
Keelyn: Kee-lin
Sheaim: Sheeeem
Balseraph: Bal-ser-ath
Malakim: Mal-a-kim
Cassiel: Cass-eel
Kael: Kale

Good old english pronounciation ;)

what about the svartalfar chick? (I don't feel like opening up FfH right now to find the spelling, and I don't want to make an idiot of myself for trying)

Faeryl Viconia: Fie-ril Wick-own- ia or Fie-rül Wick-own-ia (with very heavily trilled r. Ephasis on the penult of Faerly and the antepenult of Viconia. Classical Latin pronunciations are always correct :D )

Fey-ril Vick-own-ea (roll the r, emfisise the Fey slightly, empisise the -ea)

Sheaim: Shyaim
Faeryl Viconia: Fair-ill Vie-cone-ya

My pronunciation of Viconia is objectively correct, any other way is wrong, but for Sheaim, Faeryl and everything before that my guess is as good as anyone's.

what about the svartalfar chick? (I don't feel like opening up FfH right now to find the spelling, and I don't want to make an idiot of myself for trying)
I pronounce it as: Fah-rill* Vick-Ko-Nee-Ah

*rhyme with gill

Speaking of the Elves: Arendel Phaedra? I have her down as: Ah-ren-del Fay-Dra ... pretty much say it as I see it spelt. Anyone got her as anything different?

Ah-REN-dell FEH-dra

and for that matter: Ah-meh-LAHN-chier (ch = like in Loch (Scottish))

and I read Charadon with an initial Sh (influenced by French, no idea why...): SHAH-rah-don.

Oh, where's my IPA font when I need it...

Arendel Phaedra: Ah-REN-dell FIE -Dra (r's trilled of course)

Amelanchier: Ah-mel-ANKH-i-air (terminal r just barely trilled)

Charadon: CHAR - ə - don (One of the few time I don't trill the r. This one always reminds me of the pokeman Charizard for some reason)

For some reason, I manage to squeeze three syllables into Arendel's last name. "Fai-ae-dra"

For some reason the first time I saw Luchuirp I immediately said Lurch-pin. I know its wrong, but it's stuck in my head now.

Ljosalfar: Ljo-sal-far
Svartalfar: Svart-al-far
Luchuip: Lu-čujp
Perpentach: Per-pen-tach
Keelyn: Ky-lín
Sheaim: Še-a-jim or Šea-jim
Balseraph: Bal-ser-aph
Malakim: Ma-la-kim
Cassiel: Ka-si-el
Kael: Kael

Good old Czech pronunciation.

This probably has nothing to do with this, but does anyone say Duin Halfmorn's name in your head as "Baron Duin von Halfmorn"?:confused:

Top Bottom