Features

Good idea.

I mean I don't know if it can be done, but it suddenly occured to me it might be a good idea and one we hadn't thought of. :)

I suspect it can be done. Once oil runs out, civs will have to get some sort of sustainable energy tech/national wonder/building before they can produce units that used to require oil. Easy enough, we just have to get the oil resources to disappear over time.

Something to remember for 2.0 for sure.

Nothing new is going to make it in to 1.0, I suspect. But don't stop posting good ideas. :goodjob:

master of domain, i love it. Definitely something for v.2!

I have another one. The different civs in areas have different languages and they would work like religions. The can spread and you can choose what your language is. Anyway there is a national wonder called "(Insert Language here) Language School" and it would improve you relations with civs with that language or something like that.

Something for V.2:

UN Security Council

We should change the way the UN works. In reality not the UN General Assembly passes UN resolution. The UN Security Council does that. This means not every civ can vote on them, only those present in the Security Council.
The UN Security Council has 5 permanent members:
- USA
- China
- Russia
- France (here: EU)
- UK (here: NATO)
and 10 non-permanent members (elected by the General Assembly for 2 years)
If one of the 5 permanent members votes "no" on a resolution this counts as a veto.

So I think we should make the UN work like this:

Additionally to the Secretary General every civ can vote every 12 turns to appoint half of the non-permanent members of the Security Council. Every civ has one vote. The 5 civs that get the most votes will be holding a Security Council Chair for 24 turns.

Only the Security Council can vote on UN resolutions. Every civ has one vote but permanent members have veto right.

Actually it would be cool if it wasn't the UN Secretary General who can propose resolutions but every member of the Security Council. But for this IMO it would be necessary to get rid of that automatic resolution proposing every few turns. You'd have to have a button in the diplomacy menu like "appeal to the Security Council" that would allow you and the AI to propose resolutions whenever you want to.

This would add some realism not only concerning how the real UN works but also in the diplomatic weight of the 5 permanent members.

I have another one. The different civs in areas have different languages and they would work like religions. The can spread and you can choose what your language is. Anyway there is a national wonder called "(Insert Language here) Language School" and it would improve you relations with civs with that language or something like that.

sounds nice. this could be connected with the education system that seems to be floating around somewhere...

yeah were planing a rough Education, Health and Social Care patch as part of V.2

I don't know if it's already been considered or added, but how about the fossil fuel and non-renewable resources gradually disappear after use? Since Oil is going to run out completely by about 2050, coal and natural gas some time after that, we do need to consider a world in which it simply isn't present.

Civilisations will have to advance sufficiently to exploit crops and land to make replacement resources (perhaps the resource becomes available after the technology is researched) before their economy and military simply die out..

What if we make it so that once you build an improvement on top of a certain non-renewable resource, it will have a time-limit before it disappears. For example, if you build an oil-well, you will have an X amount of years before it dries up, this counter can be displayed in the information bubble that pops up when you hover your mouse over the improvement.

How are we gonna predict what resources to use when in game all the oil is gone. Are we gonna make things up?

EDIT: Is V.2 only going to be the update for the new year, unique graphics for everything and new features?

EDIT2: For my language thing: You gain language points through experience and from the language school. If your language points are low with a language and you trade with them you might get the trade messed up (e.g. You offer to pay 200 gold for rice sense you don't understand their language very well they think you said 200 gold for cows and give you cows).

I was thinking that with the right technologies researched, units can become dependant on crops such as corn and wheat, or perhaps the tech simply creates another resource or eliminates the need for a resource.

Joecoolyo, a really simple and excellent method, it can be done I now assume.

Cold Fusion is already in our game as one of the most futuristic techs, we could set it so once you get that, you don't need any resource to power vehicles. I don't like the idea of having a new resource appear, so much as using technology to get rid of the dependence on resources, which is what is most likely going to happen in reality (in a long, long time).

Cold Fusion is already in our game as one of the most futuristic techs, we could set it so once you get that, you don't need any resource to power vehicles. I don't like the idea of having a new resource appear, so much as using technology to get rid of the dependence on resources, which is what is most likely going to happen in reality (in a long, long time).

I think instead of having a new resource appear, lets just make it so the new technology researched will come with a building that will supply the resource, kind like the way some corporations do. For example, we can have a cold fusion building, which will give that city the resource needed to build and power certain resources and buildings.

What if you need population of food to build military units to be more realistic.

EDIT: See two posts down.

population of food? do you mean stockpiles?

sounds rather AofE to me here...

population of food? do you mean stockpiles?

sounds rather AofE to me here...

Yeah! you have to dress corn up in armor and machine guns! :lol:

Population or food*

By the way I have another little question: which are the possible victories? I mean will you change anything or will it all remain the same?? If this was already answered I apologize and beg for the right link! If not or anything will be different at all, I would be very interested in the answer. :)

greetings Ben

This mod isn't built yet. All that kind of info will be available when it is.

I know that very well and beg your pardon!
It's only that I read kuff-dam's comment about the "world war" and hope very much, that there also will be other possibilities to win the game!!! But that's all in your hand and I'm sure you will do very well!

All the best!
Ben

Hmmm... that's actually a great question Lord Wolf. Do you think we should "modernize" the victories (domination dosen't really seem all that realistic anymore...), or should we keep them the same just for the sake of getting this game out on time? If we can't change 'em now, then its defiantly a version 2 consideration.

Top Bottom