Information Wiki @ Wikidot

You don't see anything when you log in to the wiki site? Maybe Joecoolyo can let you know where he found his invite.

When I logged on a tiny screen popped up saying I had an invitation to the W2K9 Mod. Dunno why its not working for you.

In order to make the style of civ pages more consistent, I have created a template for civ page and the template is "civilization:_template". Feel free to make improvement on the template.

I made a slight change to your template (which rocks, btw - I had no idea how to work them with wikidot syntax) to allow some text in the body of the page (brief descriptions of things), but now the title doesn't appear in the table. I have no idea why, so for now I've removed it, replacing it with the full title of the country (as will be seen in-game). I hope you don't mind (see Algeria and Angola to see what I've changed). :goodjob:

Great work guys. The only thing I see, is that the template and updated entries don't include fields for tag, color, starting city #, and starting unit #?

I made a slight change to your template (which rocks, btw - I had no idea how to work them with wikidot syntax) to allow some text in the body of the page (brief descriptions of things), but now the title doesn't appear in the table. I have no idea why, so for now I've removed it, replacing it with the full title of the country (as will be seen in-game). I hope you don't mind (see Algeria and Angola to see what I've changed). :goodjob:

It's a good change and I think having the full title is good enough as we have the short title in the title of the page. Good job!

Great work guys. The only thing I see, is that the template and updated entries don't include fields for tag, color, starting city #, and starting unit #?

I have to say sorry that I personally make this change. This is my opinion about these fields:

tag: I am not sure whether it is important for players.

color: seems not so important

starting city #, starting unit #: they depend on scenario and it's better to put them in scenario page

Feel free to share opinions. It's good to have discussion about this. :)

I understand why you would make those changes, but remember, the wiki isn't just for players, it's also to help us developers keep organized, and for us to use as a reference. I vote on keeping those fields for sure. Just leave them undefined, and when we get all the civs done, I will add the info.

As far as the city number and starting unit number, I think those should stay on the civ screen as well. We only have one scenario, basically everyone who plays our mod will (should) only be using our main scenario. Many aspects of our mod are custom tailored for our feature scenario. Ours is basically a mod + scenario pack. We may end up with other scenarios eventually, but the focus of our mod will always be on the main one.

Okay, I've made a couple more changes:
  • Re-added the "Color" row
  • Added a new section of the table called "Scenario Information" which now holds # civs + units (re-added), starting tech level and included nations
  • Re-added the "Tag" row, but it will now only show the suffix of the civ (e.g. Failed States would be FAILED_STATES) as this can then be used across all the relevant files, like ArtDefines and Text files, not just the CivInfos one
I hope everyone's happy with the edits here. :)

EDIT: See the Angola, Algeria, Argentina or Canada pages for examples.

RE-EDIT: I have a quick proposal for the wiki:
Remove the "Leaders" page and put all relevant info with the Civs or make all pages link to the civs page
Reasoning: As each civ only has one leader, the civ will make decisions in the same way based on the leader; also, the only important info about leaders is traits and attitude mods, and they can easily go on the civ page.

Also, I've started templates for buildings, UBs and units. Feel free to make some pages using those as well, and comment on how they could be improved.

Sounds good NikNaks.

Let me know what format you guys think is best for the technology entries. Solar Power is the one I have made a page for.

Great work on the WIKI ngyuishing, thanks.

You can get the file names of the country icons here.

I have recieved the notification and am now able to edit pages!! Expect lots of content for the technologies pages to pour through.

excellent!

MasterOfDomain: here is the template NikNaks made for tech entries.

I've begun transferring the technologies to the wiki. Unfortunately my main computer, which is acting oddly, has apparently got rid of the updated copy of the file, so I've lost Solar Energy.. Which is irritating. Still, it's progressing.

I think I'm a member, and I'll gladly add any info, since currently I'm not working on anything for this project. All I need to know what information needs to be placed, and I'll put it in :D.

Top Bottom