Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you get a subforum?

Also, wouldn't it make more sense for Fall Further's subforum to be within the modmods subforum like yours is? and then maybe to add a subsubsub forum for FF modmodmods?

When did you get a subforum?

Also, wouldn't it make more sense for Fall Further's subforum to be within the modmods subforum like yours is? and then maybe to add a subsubsub forum for FF modmodmods?

Welcome first poster :)
An hour ago I think (the time change just occured for me so I am not sure ;) )

I like this place, but I think people already got used to the place FF is. Anyway, it is not my thing to decide.
Wonder how deep into subsub... and modmod... will this continue.

I'm still getting an odd error with certain units playing Scions. Usually it is either Ghostwalkers in the haunted lands, certain units with the Adventurer promotion and specialty units like Pelemoc.

What happens is after they move, the cursor stays with that unit and you have to manually click on another unit to get it 'unstuck' - not a critical bug but an annoying one.

posten before on the other "main" thread. Workers sometimes destroy mananodes in automatization

Just an aesthetic problem: Shapechanger & Lycantrophy promotions (acquired by exploration or mutation) change the svart model in the standard model.

Another aesthetic issue: the Svart archmage is an old blad guy. Not anything like the Adept & Illusionist.

In my last game as Kuriotates, when I was asked to choose a new trait:
- all the traits were listed, and each of them could be choosed;
- the reward was not only the new trait selected, but also the loss of the minor trait - which I did not have, being Cardith Lorda - and the start of a golden age;
- the trait added to the others I already had, so I ended up being, at turn 250, philosophical, industrious, financial, tolerant, expansive, sprawling and adaptive. Woo! :lol:

Another thing, not a bug I believe but something I find a bit disturbing and not realistic: with open borders, other civilizations can claim empty forts in my empire. Why should I give away a fortified piece of my territory, sometimes in the heart of my kingdom? One of my automated workers builds a fort when I'm looking elsewhere and *pop* I find an entire army of another civ standing in it, two squares away from my capitol. :(

A problem, Great Generals cracked from lairs cannot build any military installations such as millitary academy, Engineering corps, Naval Academy, etc

From the CivPedia thread

Missing Text Entries v22b
Chaos Marauder
Emperor's Dagger
Honored Band
War Dancer
Body Node (In buildings, seems misplaced)
The Wild Haven

A problem, Great Generals cracked from lairs cannot build any military installations such as millitary academy, Engineering corps, Naval Academy, etc
You mean great generals or great commanders? These are different units with different abilities, and you can't normally get commanders in orbis.

From the CivPedia thread

Missing Text Entries v22b
Chaos Marauder
Emperor's Dagger
Honored Band
War Dancer
Body Node (In buildings, seems misplaced)
The Wild Haven

Thanks, I will take a look.

@Giuseppe
Trait problem identified and fixed. Will have to think on commanders, they need to be castable in your own/enemy territory and not in civ borders you have open borders with.

Just an aesthetic problem: Shapechanger & Lycantrophy promotions (acquired by exploration or mutation) change the svart model in the standard model.
You mean shapechanged and feral strength? If so, please list what units had the problem, I will try to add them to "werewolf"/"wolf"/"bear" list
The promotions you listed do not do anything to the art...

@Opera
I am aware of that, we just need a new art. But seZereth works hard these days...

Not a bug, but a suggestion. Since Swamp Trolls and Chaos Marauders share the same graphic do you think you could change one of them? Preferably the Chaos Marauder into this unit.

In One City Challenge, the great general buildings still prevent each other from being built, so without the option of other cities you can only get one.

Is it possible to display the base damage limit for ranged combat?

The AI doesn't appear to be even passively defending against espionage. At least at Noble levels and below, I have fairly quickly been picking up AI research goals and city views without ever raising my espionage slider or building any espionage buildings.

Captured Sea Serpents that are around when you build Blood of the Phoenix can reincarnate in a land-locked capitol.

You should start a balance thread, so that problems which are not actual bugs don't start to clutter up this thread.

Congratulations on the sub-forum! I came back to Orbis recently after several months, and while I was skeptical at first (especially about the food tweaks) my concerns have proven to be invalid, and I have enjoyed my games a lot.

You mean great generals or great commanders? These are different units with different abilities, and you can't normally get commanders in orbis.

It's a ghost left over in the Dungeon exploration event in which you get free Great commanders (not the ones you get from warfare). They don't have the ability to create academies, which may confuse some people

Rishardas said:
You mean shapechanged and feral strength? If so, please list what units had the problem, I will try to add them to "werewolf"/"wolf"/"bear" list
The promotions you listed do not do anything to the art...
All my svartalfar units - tested with Scout, Hunter, Ranger, Horseman - with Lycantrophy (at the first Blood Moon) or shapechanged (by the promotion acquired in a wolf den).

While playing the Scions, I noticed that somehow Archeron decided He didn't want to be a city dragon anymore! :eek:

I've included a pic.

Plus, while I forgot to take a pic of it, I'm still noticing that late in the game there are some units that have the guys in that 'armed splayed' position. Last I noticed was fighting some Bannor horse type unit. Is that Art fix been put into the latest patches? I've used each one you've put out but still am getting these odd unit graphic issues, but each time with different units and it always seems to be late in the game.

Oh, on the dragon pic, I think the turn is 365 or so; I first saw the Dragon in the same spot on turn 290.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom