Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

my brother and i do multi every now and then, so it does support

EDIT: since 0.24 we are unable to play over LAN

Sorry for the delayed answer.
Just a question about the mod, I just got the new version installed & started playing, I have the ljosalfar as my civ. Now my question is is this civ neutral with barbarian animals? as I cannot attack any animals whatsoever, nor could I destroy their lairs. Also it seems to have more than average resources & barbarians spawned everywhere across the map.
Ljosalfar (and some other) are at peace with animals - they can't explore animal dens, and are not attacked by animals, but can provoke them (that requires subdue promotions - animal for provoking animals and beast for beasts)
Also, I was wondering if orbis supported multiplayer? As my wife & I enjoy playing FFH2 together & do so daily, orbis just will not show a game, we have tried hosting it on my comp & hers, neither comp recognizes the other has a game started.
Also kudos to you for taking an amazing mod & adding more depth, I absolutely love this mod!
Well, I think it does, but had not the time to test it recently. But there are OOS problems I had not the time to work on.
my brother and i do multi every now and then, so it does support
EDIT: since 0.24 we are unable to play over LAN
Strange, except for the espionage there is not much new code things in 0.24
Well, save for update to BtS 3.19
So, do you still have a problem? Are you able to do LAN with BtS 3.19 and FfH 0.41b-d? Did total reinstall work? There was a little mess with files and Civ requires the same version of files to play. I have found that copying a fresh installation of Orbis from one computer to another allowed me to play LAN before.

LAN didn't work here either with 0.24a. Didn't test b yet. Game doesn't show up in LAN server browser.
Worked around that by using direct connect. Worked like a charm (except the occasional OOS errors, especially in mid/late game, but that's nothing unusual with FfH2 AFAIK).

Strange, except for the espionage there is not much new code things in 0.24
Well, save for update to BtS 3.19
So, do you still have a problem? Are you able to do LAN with BtS 3.19 and FfH 0.41b-d? Did total reinstall work? There was a little mess with files and Civ requires the same version of files to play. I have found that copying a fresh installation of Orbis from one computer to another allowed me to play LAN before.

haven't been able to try it since it posted. If both my brother and i have time, we will try tomorrow.

I've been playing Orbis for several days now and am really, really enjoying it - especially with the addition of Opera's great Extended Leaders mod. FFH was a new direction for me but I rapidly grew to enjoy it and did so even more once I installed and played Orbis for a while...and Opera's addition makes a fine game even better. So Kudos to all of you and thanks for bringing us so much gaming pleasure! And the price can't be beat! :)

hey Ahwaric, you should add a thread to the general Modpack section of the forum ( i.e. outside of the FFH section ) . people out there that don't know about Orbis deserve to know! :lol:

and it got a lot better lately. really tempting :D hopefully when FF 051 comes out with its awesome modmodding capabilities thanx to WoC Lite Ahwaric will finally build Orbis over FF so we can have the best of both worlds, cause choosing between the two would be like choosing which one of your balls ( make that a breast if you're female :lol: ) to cut off. yeah, I mean that :lol:

Which is funny, cause I wish there was like a half-Orbis, with some features but not others.

well, the way I see it FF tries to add stuff only when it's deemed as really needed/useful/totally awesome, whereas Orbis has an approach similar to Rise of Mankind. some times you see stuff being discussed on the main forums and Ahwaric adds such changes in the next version only a couple days later, not that there's anything wrong with that of course. when you start a game under Orbis you immediately notice that it's a lot more different than base FFH compared to FF.

Yeah I just started playing orbis. It's absolutely awesome. The one thing that sticks out the most is that all the most fun parts of ffh have been enhanced (like archers ranged atks and commanders, the great person bar, addtion of dimensional mana) and some of the annoying stuff has been toned down (like hunting taking forever to get at the beginning of the game, and stuff like that). I'm just wondering why this is a modmod of ffh and that a lot of these improvements haven't been deemed fit to be incorporated into reg ffh.

I actually didn't start playing Orbis (though I knew about it) until FF - which I loved - became unplayable for me as of version 050. They made their modmod so big that it just became too much for my system to handle - I would get a CTD when reloading saves even in the very early game and random CTD with increasing frequency as the game progressed until by maybe turn 200 it was completely unplayable. :(

Orbis/LE is as cool as FF in its own way and it's more streamlined; it at least currently causes much fewer CTD (though they do still happen). Merging Orbis with FF would be a terror - we'd have to go out and build brand-new rigs capable of playing Crysis at 120 fps with all settings maxed just to play that uber-mod! :crazyeye:

although those CTDs on FF 050 were most probably caused by bugs and not system overload, so 051 might be a lot better at that. we'll see :D

Top Bottom