Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

Yeah I just tried a Dural game where I got all the same kind of units out without any issue. I'll keep digging to see what is up.

StupidNewbie: Yes, those should have been marked as Abilities. Commonly forgotten thing with new spells-which-aren't-spells. :blush:

Perhaps the Svartalfar kidnap thing should be marked as an ability as well? :)

Getting python exception when I select my city. (See screenshot). Or you can test yourself by clicking on my eastern city in the savegame. Also, I can open city view in another city and then scroll to that city without a problem.

I thought it might have been the Statue of Courage's Tactician GPP, but I tested in worldbuilder with just a city and statue for a few turns without an exception, so I'm not sure.

It is your next Great person having a chance to be a Commander then. Causing issues. I didn't think any buildings gave points toward that though? Maybe it gives non-typed points and THAT is causing the issue?

The Statue of Courage does, indeed, give Great Commander points. I guess it got passed over when other Great Commander point generating buildings were modified when Fall Further went for Warlords-style Commander generation. I'll do a quick mod to make the statue generate untyped, see what happens, then edit this post.
EDIT: Well, that's the problem. I set the Statue of Courage to generate untyped GP points, and while it didn't restore already-broken games, it kept games from becoming broken upon construction of the Statue of Courage. Do a quick check to make sure you didn't miss any other Great Commander generators.
EDIT 2: *Looks at post below* Disregard my rantings.

I'm getting a CTD with something to do with haunted lands. I found that moving a creeper suddenly kicked me to my desktop consistently, so I just started deleting them. Then a little later in the game moving a worker to another tile triggered the same CTD, and I realized that every time they moved off a haunted land onto a non-haunted tile, the game would just blink off. I can move the workers around no problem in haunted lands, but apparently something goes wrong the moment they leave.

Same problem with the names for the Chislev and Archos as for the Cualli.

Other then the previous minor things, I havent had any problems, not CTDs at all.

I'm baaack!
It's the same game, several turns later. No further Statue of Courage problems, but I'm getting a CTD upon ending this turn.

Attachments

• Further1b.CivBeyondSwordSave
    258.5 KB · Views: 133
vivictus: Where do the TXT_KEY_LEADER_CUALLI (and others) texts show up for you? I cannot find anywhere that those strings are used anymore, I changed them to actually use the leader name a while ago (TXT_KEY_LEADER_KOLSEVAHN). I would expect that one to show up if any did.

I opened the pedia and went to leaders, they show proper names in that screen for all leaders.

Dang KC, you found one of the worst kinds of crashes, straight to desk without any option of a dumpfile or other notice of what happened. So most likely it is graphics related, but hopefully attaching a debugger shows SOMETHING to narrow things down.

EDIT: Debugger showed that the crash is at the very most basic level of EXE processing, pops me up in the Dissembly with a stack trace that is a single line. Never seen it so shallow before. But even if it was deep, it is absolutely useless for tracking it down. I MIGHT be able to walk through the processing to see more clearly when it crashes though. See if you can re-create such a crash in another save and it will speed things up.

Possibly related, I'm getting a CTD in the middle of cycling through this turn. Oddly enough, it wasn't consistent... First, it crashed on turn 391. Then I restarted the game, reloaded, and it crashed on 392. Repeat, crash on 393. Now it has crashed four times in a row near the end of 394.

Don't laugh at my total newbie empire. :sad:

Edit: changing the haunted lands to normal forests allows the turn to cycle normally. Deleting the units near haunted lands and leaving the terrain alone, it would seem, does not.
Edit2: There is an issue with the removal of the hauntstalk buff. Changing the terrain and editing it off a unit in the editor crashes the game. Also, in KC's game, deleting an engineer corps unit in haunted lands crashes the game.
EditTHREE: adding and removing eldritch energies in the worldbuilder crashes the game. Perhaps related: this effect does not appear to be in the civilopedia.

Edit4: Temporary fix: Go to mods\Fall Further 51\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4promotioninfos.xml
Search for "HAUNTED_LANDS_EFFECT"
Change:
Code:
 				<PrereqFeature>FEATURE_HAUNTED_LANDS</PrereqFeature>
to:
Code:
				<PrereqFeature>FEATURE_FALLOUT</PrereqFeature>
That'll probably break a lot of the haunted lands functions, but it'll keep your game from crashing. Scions will still get their attack/defense/movement bonus, but the haunted land food addiction thing, et cetera, won't trigger.

Attachments

• tothedesktop.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
I had a werewolf hunter defeat a gorilla, and got a Werewolf gorilla. Fun stuff, possibly intended.

However, the hunter also had subdue animal, so I got a regular gorilla as well.

I'm guessing the Hunter bit off some small, unimportant part from the gorilla. That part got infected and used the legendary regenerative powers of werewolves to grow an entire new gorilla. Then both werewolves teamed up to subdue the original gorilla.

I downloaded .51 and installed it. FF crashes as soon as I try the Play Now option. I tried the Custom Game option and none of the onscreen items (AC, turns, mana, etc.) are there.

The file I downloaded is 443,212 KB.

I have a slow connection and this took almost six hours to download.

Is my problem that the file I downloaded is not 432,xxx K as specified (how could it be more?) or could it be something else? I'd hate to have to spend another six hours downloading again only to find that was not the problem.

I downloaded and ran 3.19 and am able to play BTS and FFH2 without a problem.

Thank you.

Also, none of the three Tactical Knowledge commander promotions appear to do anything. At least, not according to the pedia.

Also, none of the three Tactical Knowledge commander promotions appear to do anything. At least, not according to the pedia.

The promotion they grant directly is an "inactive" promotion which allows the unit to adopt an "Active Formation". The inactive promotion is set as GraphicalOnly, so might not show up in the 'pedia, but the promotion should still be granted and the unit can still adopt one of the formations that the commander has knowledge of (only 1 formation at a time, can be switched).

Not terribly clear on the pedia entry though as you said, so could probably do with a quick Help TxtKey adding...

Got the same kind of CTD as KillerClowns.

Attachments

• FF1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    374.6 KB · Views: 175
Hi there and thanks for 0.51! Just browsing the changelog made my day!!!

I recently started a game as Svartalfars (sp?) and found some strange things...

1) I started on a relatively large peninsula, in the south were ice and tundra and about 7(!) Diakonos have spawned in 15 rounds (!!!) however, in the unlikely case this is a feature and not a bug (ahem, in this case... maybe tone it a bit down...)

2) I found Brigit outside of the ring of carcer, she was held (0 movement) but I was able to free her with a level 2 scout, found also the ring of carcer, some 8ish tiles to the west, empty...
Brigit was also acting strange... While fighting one of the many, many, many diakonos that had spawned, I am pretty sure she died during combat and the animation (!!!) showed her coming back to fight DIRECTLY FROM THE CAPITAL in one nice (if a bit long...) combat sequence, so it was like she died and came back as part of a single combat.... Cannot stress this enough, I've actually SEEN her run all the way back from the capital to the fight she was into when she died, the same fight!
1 turn later I attack again (this time a lizardman) and she died again, got a message about her being reborn in the capital, but that actually never happened, she died once and for all!

Should I post a savedgame?

Thanks again for the update guys, all your work is really apreciated!

I had a werewolf hunter defeat a gorilla, and got a Werewolf gorilla. Fun stuff, possibly intended.

However, the hunter also had subdue animal, so I got a regular gorilla as well.

I'm guessing the Hunter bit off some small, unimportant part from the gorilla. That part got infected and used the legendary regenerative powers of werewolves to grow an entire new gorilla. Then both werewolves teamed up to subdue the original gorilla.

:lol: ...... :rotfl:

:goodjob: odalrick

Er.. *ahem*

Firstly, the Scions of Patria UBs 'Necropolis,' 'Shrine to Kylorin,' 'Kylorin Cult,' the Amurites UB 'Wizard's Hall,' and the Svartalfar UB 'Shrouded Woods' all have red blobs as models in the Civilopedia.

Second[ly], the Cuali UB 'Sacrificial Altar' has a TXT_KEY for background info in the Civilopedia.

Third[ly], the Luchurip UB 'Adularia Chamber' and the Khazad UB 'Dwarven Smithy' have no civilopedia entry or something. When you go to it in the Civilopedia, it just shows the icon at the top left, the rest is blank.

Fourth[ly], the 'Well' building has some sort of broken effects description - it just lists some code - while looking at it in the Civilopedia.

Finally, (and this is more of a nitpick than a bug) many buildings that 'cannot be built' have no description/background telling you how to get them, or why they appear (such as from a spell, or an event).

And, before you ask,

:)
*puts on sunglasses*
:cool:

yes, I like reading the Civilopedia.

Top Bottom