Randomness of Civ

If we rush NE now and hire an engineer we'll have next great person within those 10 turns! Might even be another GE... Meanwhile we can build other stuff. If we'd have marble I wouldn't do it either, but now I think it'd pay off. In general this game is about leveraging your advantages asap, so I don't think sitting on the GE for 50+ turns (OU) is wise, while settling is a bit lame imo... And I don't like bulbing with GEs. :p

Well, let's see what the others say.

Edit: mmm, industrious... Well, given the slowness of the early game I dont think it'll change my opinion much. :p

Roster:
cripp
vranasm
nocho - just whooped arse
Sengir - UP
woopdeedoo - on deck
IdiotsOpposite

woops played between me and nocho... maybe you should update the roster to reflect this as permanent order.

I think woops and IO didn't want to play one after the other.

Still not sure about rushing NE, maybe hold him for awhile.

I have slight problem with this... if we decide to rush NE, we should do it now. Otherwise the "trick" nocho had in mind won't work.
Sengir could finish NE in his TS in old fashioned way (employing hammers) anyway (if he goes 15T TS)

So we decide it now if sengir rushes NE or not.

Ok got it, will play tomorrow, so we can discuss the GE a bit more.

Plan other then the GE is pretty simple:
Get 2 settlers out and settle Sugar site and Rice/Gold
Get some workers out.
Get some libs and other infra out.
Revolt to OR (or do we want Pac(+Caste) for GP-spam?)
Get the NE done, either build or GE.

if you plan infra definitely OR.

we could use some mishes, I would prefer settlers, workers, mishes, units over libraries or other infra.
We really don't need much infra yet... Once we get to the 10 cities mark, then we will start on CH's I expect.

since we already have col and currency we can afford massive expansion and cities we don't get now, will AI's get.

There is some good land I didn't covered with the description of the cities...especially towards celtia (the lake in middle with jungled resources mostly)

so it's not like we can't get 3 more cities with food above the ones I talked about... the first 2 are imo the most strong for our situation.

Hmm, that's not quite the discussion about the GE I had hoped.

Here's my 2 cents:
I think we should burn him on the NE, because
a) I don't want to sit on the guy for 50+ turns (time to finish edu without bulb + building uni's)
b) The difference is only 200 hammers (without factoring discounts) and we have fewer hammers to spent now, then we'll have when it's time to build OU, as we'll have grown into the production tiles. Note that I'm assuming OU in cap as well as NE, if we plan on putting OU somewhere else, particularly if that's a low production site, then keeping the GE around a bit is fine with me.

About OR/infra:
I plan to whip settlers/workers and regrow building infra (we don't need a lot of units right now IMHO).

Won't play until we have some kind of consensus about the GE or at least some more people have given their opinion.

up to now you have 4 people telling something

you and nocho are for
me against
cripp is neutral..

btw we could use the GE for GA in ~20 turns once the cities grow a bit too... (just another use of him).

Since this is about randomness, get a dice and let chance decide. :p

I stated my preference which coincides with my gut feeling about what's the best use, but I won't be making any hard calculations for a relaxed SG. I'll save that for next SGOTM. :p (we can't have PR beat us again with a considerable difference of course! :lol:) Most proposed uses are defendable, do whatever you feel is best. I don't say that just because you happen to agree with me. :mischief:

Ok, NE it is.

Played my set. We got a worker and a settler done, as well as NE and 2 WB's in Carthage. Edu is in, but DG has it as well, so we'd better hurry if we want to grab lib.
Cahokia is building a settler that can be whipped as well. Some workers and the settler are still unmoved, because their movement depends on which site we want to settle first (I'd go for Gold/Rice near the Russian border).
Poverty Point is building another worker, though we might want to set it to a Lib instead. I set Carthage to build a Uni, but we might want to get some Christ Mish's out, though they can be build in Utica or Cahokia as well.

Spoiler turnset :
Turn 0:
Burn GE on NE
Revolt to OR

Turn 1:
Meet Gilgamesh
Turn science to 0%

Turn 2:
Trade maps with De Gaulle
Carthage: NE > WB
Cahokia: Lib > Settler

Turn 3:
DG gets a GS

Turn 4:
Poverty Point: Barracks > Worker
Carthage: WB > WB

Turn 5:

Turn 6:

Turn 7:70

Turn 8

Turn 9:
Whip settler in Utica

Turn 10
Utica: Settler > Lib
Get a GS in Carthage > Bulb Edu, set tech to Lib

Turn 11:
Carthage: WB > Uni
Pay 22g to save food in Carthage

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1590.CivBeyondSwordSave
    164.4 KB · Views: 60
Consider this a got it. What's our general plan at this point? Economy or military?

rex... you have to lay dotmap of new cities and get as many of them before russia/celts boxes us in.

I prefer to settle the west city 1SE of rice if I remember correctly.
The 2nd city which we currently build settler for is on sugar 1S of the top sugar (west from Lisbon)

Would be great if we get something around the middle sea... if I find the time I will make some SS's this evening what I have in mind.

then we have 2x pigs in our backyard + that silver city.

In theory we should aim for OU, but I would like to get the cities before.

ok I had something like this in mind. I turned off resources because they blocked the city signs at spots.

2 cities are directly on food resource, the canal rice city and sugar city in east

I'll be honest, C1 and C3 are probably going to be my prime targets. I'm a strong favorer of aggressive expansion, and C1 gets us about as close to Russia as we could possibly get. C3 being a canal is also great. (I wonder if Russia would expect a sea invasion!) C1 is definitely teh first city and... well, I'll decide between C2 and C3 when I open the game up and play.

(Whew, made it the whole post without a C4 reference!)

Dotmap looks good. I think we should be able to settle C1 & C2 next turnset, with C3 having a settler on route by the end of the set. Maybe some more settlers on route as well. Just whip settlers and regrow on libs/CH/units for MP.

Top Bottom