Pantheon founded on turn 6?

adsin15

Warlord
Unknown civ founds a Pantheon on turn 6 of an Emperor start game?

How is this possible when I have Ancient Ruins disabled?

Celts? 2 faith per turn if city has 3 or more unimproved forets adjacent.

Dead giveaway for Celts. Ive seen them found at turn five, and I've seen Ethiopia found at turn ten.

And Ethiopia can found even earlier than turn 10 by meeting a religious CS first and finishing a Stele on turn 4 or 5.

I've founded a pantheon at turn 3 once upon meeting two religious CS next to each other.

A bit of a pity meeting cultural CS doesn't give you a one time +5 culture or something

I've founded a region by turn 20, all standard settings.

Spain, find Mt. Sinai on turn 2, settle it, and one with nature

Turn 6 isn't normal for Celts; they do it on turn 5 if they have 2 forests and turn 10 with only 1 forest.

I'm thinking the human is on King+ so the AIs started with Pottery, and some other AI chose Shrine (or UB based on it) as its first build and was first to a religious city state.

Turn 6 isn't normal for Celts; they do it on turn 5 if they have 2 forests and turn 10 with only 1 forest.

I'm thinking the human is on King+ so the AIs started with Pottery, and some other AI chose Shrine (or UB based on it) as its first build and was first to a religious city state.

He never specified the speed he is playing on.

the religious bonus from meeting CS is not scaled on speed, and you need 6 faith to found the first pantheon on normal difficulty

Which means that the first person to find a religious pantheon can easily found a Pantheon as it provides +8 faith when first meet.

This also means that Turn 6 is completely normal for Celts with 1 forest tile to get the first pantheon on Quick. And Turn 3 when getting +2 faith.

Could be he moved the settler for one turn before he settled. Like ... to get the extra faith from more adjacent forests.

Could be he moved the settler for one turn before he settled. Like ... to get the extra faith from more adjacent forests.

A human might; but the AI appears programmed to always settle in place. (excluding starts in which the AI gets an extra settler)

I've had it happen on Turn 2 (rare) with two back-to-back religious CSs... And I've had really early Pantheons (under 6 turns) even before founding my capital...while using my settler to explore for a Natural Wonder while playing as Spain....

It's Emperor difficulty/normal speed.

That's makes it most likely that Maya or Ethiopia's first build was their UB replacement and also was first to a Religious City state (8 faith). Both of those UBs produce 2 faith per turn and so the AI only needed one turn following construction of it when combined with the religious city state to found the first pantheon.

A religious CS was near the ai and ai discovered it on turn 5 first. The next turn, the ai gets the pantheon.

A bigger possibility for AI Celts on Immortal+ getting on turn 6 is that the first thing they did with their starting worker was chop a forest which brings them below 3 forest; (on turns 1 - 4 they got 2 faith per turn, but only 1 faith on turn 5 and so needed one more turn to hit 10)

A bigger possibility for AI Celts on Immortal+ getting on turn 6 is that the first thing they did with their starting worker was chop a forest which brings them below 3 forest; (on turns 1 - 4 they got 2 faith per turn, but only 1 faith on turn 5 and so needed one more turn to hit 10)
Technically, even if they settle immediately next to 3+ forests, do they get the faith already from turn one, or will it only start on next turn, i.e. turn 2?

Just to confirm, do the Celts not have to work the forest tiles to get the faith? No way they've got 3-4 pop by turn 6. In which case..maybe the Celts aren't as low-tier after all...

Top Bottom