• The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
1990, c'mon!!!
I started to play at eight, why is there so much 60, 70 and 80?
Everybody knows that we, the almighty quebecers, will dominate the world with the 90s crew (dans une galaxie près de chez vous) :lol:. Celebrate you future master !!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." - Charles Dickens, A Tale Of Two Cities

thetrooper said:
That was the golden age for breeding future civ players ;)
No, 70 was only th first GA for the almighty QUEBECERS, as the next one will start in a few years. :lol: ;) :)
Vive Réné Lévesque!!!! Vive le FLQ!!!! Vive la RÉVOLUTION :ar15::ar15:

1967 - birth of me, the Camaro and the Firebird.

Good thing my demise did not match the Camaro's demise in 2002!

BTW I can confirm there is at least one civ player in my house from 2000 and younger, though he is not ready to post on the forums yet.

1977 for me. Just a couple of months after Elvis died. As I like to say: "One King leaves, another one arrives." lol :)

1989 for me. I don't know why you'd all be particularly interested in the exact year, or even me as a person but hey, everyone else is doing it and, well it adds to the post count I guess (I used to be part of a forum where post count was EVERYTHING)

Go '92

Man, are there really 70 year old people on this forum or are people joking?
I started playing civ when I was 6.I picked the civ with the longest name:the carthaginians.I can still remember that game....trapped on a tiny Island,though I founded my cities so slowly I didnt realize how small it was till' the other civs discovered me.The germans gave me their world map out of pity

Swiss Bezerker said:
Man, are there really 70 year old people on this forum or are people joking?
I can't speak for 70's, but I'm 63. I remember my grandparents playing card games all night, but that was long before there were computers. A turn-based game doesn't take the fast reflexes of a younger person, and not all older folks become senile. Even if ya DO get a little slower in old age, you can take all the time you want deciding what you want to do. ;)

'78.

Man, I played Civ since it first came out. I actually played Pong! as a kid.
I don't even feel old, I'm not even 30. ;-)

It seems odd that the teenage generation would make up most of the population of players on Civ 3. Its not really a game that they play much. I'm like the only one i know that plays civ3 or has even heard of it, and im only 15. You would think about a game that is based on history would apeal more to the older generation than a newer one.

'89 here B-day today to be exact.(april 17) boo-yah

1985. I remember the power rangers, do you?

Tearor said:
It seems odd that the teenage generation would make up most of the population of players on Civ 3. Its not really a game that they play much. I'm like the only one i know that plays civ3 or has even heard of it, and im only 15. You would think about a game that is based on history would apeal more to the older generation than a newer one.
I'm gladly surprised as well, I would have considered myself (20, '85) to be among the youngest to play that game; I'm the youngest I know, at any rate.

1985 here, whereas my father who is also a civ nut ( and got me into Civ when Civ 1 came out) is 1938 :eek: !!!!! Yes, there is a slight age difference. ;)

Top Bottom