Really Advanced Setup

Any more thoughts on adding an option to select which city states will appear in the game?

At the moment I'm not doing any major updates to this mod because I'm fed up with the way Civ handles file names in mods. Unfortunately adding a list to make city states active/inactive would require somewhat of a major update. So for know it won't be happening. Sorry about that.

I don't know if something broken in this mod or if it is something else.
If I use only CP and CBP along with "Really advanced setup" I get problems on the Really advanced set up screen.
If I pic any civ, starting from the top drop down bar which by default says "random civilization" then all the rest of the civs below LOCK to "random civilization" and I cannot pick any other civ for the AI players. I can still scroll the drop down box on the below civs and go through all the civs but it will not allow me to select a civ of my choice.

If I disable CBP (using only CP) then go back into the setup screen then I can select custom civs for everyone and the issues disappear. Is this a CBP problem or a bug with "Really advanced setup"?

I don't know what CP and CBP are.

It may well be some kind of mod conflict. But you might want to try clearing the Civ 5 cache just to be on the safe side.

To clear the Civ 5 cache:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder.
It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have.
Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5 and load the mod in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.

Hello General Tso, thanks for your great work :)

But i have question, when i get in map panel, my map type and size is disappear. What should i do bud?? I want it so bad to paly in huge map, and i can't change map size :(

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like the mod.

Try clearing the Civ 5 cache:

To clear the Civ 5 cache:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder.
It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have.
Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5 and load the mod in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.

If that doesn't work try clicking on the Reset All Panels button within the mod.

If that doesn't work then it's probably a conflict with another mod or 3rd party map.

I Cleared the Cache and used your mod only and it still dosent let me chose Map type or map zize or disable a civ. Plz Fix This :(

Try clicking on the Reset All Panels button within the mod while doing the same things you mentioned.

If another mod or map caused the problem. Using the Reset All Panels button will remove it from this mod after you have disabled it.

I had the same issue with map size and I found a complicated, but successful solution.

I downloaded a program called SqliteBrowser (http://sqlitebrowser.org/)

Using the program I navigated to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-14.db

(You should of course make a backup of the file first. )

Once it was opened I went to the Browse data tab and selected MapData

Clicking on the data cell (it begins with 1***5 in my case) it opens up the edit window.

the data is in one long string but by changing the second digit after the word worldSize to a 5 I was able to play on a huge map.

so i started with

...worldSize***3***3***....

and changed it to

...worldSize***3***5***....

this seemed to change the default map size to huge after I saved the file.

My guess is that

1 = Tiny
2 = Small
3 = Standard
4 = Large
5 = Huge

It might also be possible to change the Map Type this way but I have not tried this yet.

I know this is not a simple solution, but it seems to work.

You can deactivate any civ that you do not want in the game. Check out the right side of the map panel in the mod.

Always war and Always peace are kinda nice to have, but I guess people would most likely rather go for "Force peace till <X> era" which would be monumentally useful.

Otherwise great job with this mod, I literally can't live without it anymore.

Would be nice to prevent the game from placing bonus resources EACH TIME you start a game with custom map (IF it even is possible) - which leads to full map stuffed of resources when you modify it with IGE and save again.. it seems to double the amount of resources each time you reuse a map.. I literally spend 2 hours at the beginning of each game going over map with IGE making it livable.. maybe it's some mod's fault though..

Thanks. I'm glad you like the mod.

The "Force peace till <X> era" sounds like a GREAT idea but would require adding mod code that executes during the game. As much as possible I try to have my mod only do things before the game starts in order to reduce mod conflicts.

I'm not sure if I understand the last problem. This mod is supposed to do whatever you tell it to do every time you start a new game. To change that just change the settings in the mod or disable the mod.

Once the game starts the mod saves a value in the saved game file so that is knows that the bonus resources and other stuff have been placed. If that value is messed up for some reason that would cause the mod to place thing on the map a second time. Is your problem happening when you load a saved game?

I just uploaded a new version of the mod (version 15). I re-added the No Science, No Policies, No Happiness, and Can't Change War/Peace options. They are the only changes.

I may have noticed a bug.

Renaming a female leader using this mod causes the game's text to refer to her as male.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

I'm not sure if my mod is doing anything that could cause that problem. The only possibility I can think of is that the mod creates each civ at the beginning of the game. Maybe something has to be done manually at that point?

This mod appears to be conflicting with EUI. When using both, game crashes immediately when you so much as hover over the tech beaker in the top left-hand of the screen.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

I'm not sure if my mod is doing anything that could cause that problem. The only possibility I can think of is that the mod creates each civ at the beginning of the game. Maybe something has to be done manually at that point?

Female Civ leaders have a <Gender> tag in their Game Text XML files (under TXT_KEY_LEADER, the same place the name goes). This tag makes the in-game text refer to that leader as female (ex: lady instead of lord, or Queen instead of King).

Logic would dictate that male civ leaders would have a masculine tag the same way females have a feminine tag, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Male civ leaders simply have no tag at all, so this space holds only their name.

I'm guessing that what happens is that this mod overrides what is written in the civ's TXT_KEY_LEADER with whatever the player types. Except the <Gender> tag is overwritten as well, since it's also in TXT_KEY_LEADER.

This seems to happen regardless of what Civ mod I use. I'll have to test to see if it effects in-game civs.

Edit: With no mods installed other than Really Advanced Setup, I played as Renamed Catherine. I simply ended turn and picked tradition and it called her "Lord" instead of "Lady". Without being renamed it correctly called her "Lady".

@Pravus: Thanks for the info. As far as I know there is nothing in this mod that could directly affect a mod like EUI. Almost all of my code is executed before the game starts. Did you try clearing the Civ 5 cache? That's a good cure all for Civ 5 mod problems.

@Wario Mario: Thanks. I founds some code in the mod that may be causing that problem but I haven't had a chance to study it farther.

Just curious, would it be possible for you to create a mutiplayer version of this mod? Espicially with hotseat? I think it would be cool to share this mod with friends via multiplayer, though they don't have have Civ.

:)

Top Bottom