Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

all technologies are available to trade with other civs from the very start yet i don't have them researched

all technologies are available to trade with other civs from the very start yet i don't have them researched

Cheers.

I've just merged all the lua changes between 144 and 276 into the CivIV Diplo replacement lua files - I'll spin a test game up later today/tonight and see if that fixes anything.

Would be nice to get this working again.

It's telling me I have techs to trade and then lists 4 - Archery, Husbandry and two others. Certainly not all of the ones I have.

Sound better?

Edit: mod attached. You can test with just this mod and the v66 dll enabled (I've merged the required edits and other files into the attachment)

Attachments

• Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10).zip
    200.1 KB · Views: 359
works good now so far (up to medieval era atm) oh yes and no more deleting dll's!

works good now so far (up to medieval era atm)
:)

Any other people out there want to give this a quick test?

oh yes and no more deleting dll's!
Nor editing of UI/InGame/Popups/DiploCurrentDeals.xml or the need to enable the "Diplomacy - CivIV Features (v 1)" micro-mod

I just started having this problem, it came from JFD Cultural Diversity mod.

No, it didn't. If it had any relationship to CulDiv, it would be a conflict derived from a combination of two or more indstinct mods, or some other external cause. Such a dramatic problem would not go unnoticed and undocumented by all the users of CulDiv.

The problem with the tech trading that was fixed in the attachment above (post #346) was being caused by a pre-patch lua file being incompatible with the patched DLL.

If people are still having problems with tech trading, the problem is likely to be out-of-date mods that included modded pre-patch core lua files (specifically those core Lua files related to techs and diplomacy)

Does this mod allow you to create independent vassal states on a continent. In Civ IV, you could only create new vassals if they were on a different continent. In this I mean you have cities (conquered or you built them) and you need to slim your empire down.

Many times I'd love to conquer a civ on the same continent but don't want them (even as puppets states in Civ V) so being able to do so would be great. Now I mostly just give them to some other civ outside the area even if this means they end up getting reconquered at some point.

Can I play this mod with ynaemp and 43 civs? And do I need to download both files from the steam link/direct download on 1st page (ver. 10.03) and update from post #346, or do I need anything else?
Thanks for help!

Hi. My game is crashing after the Chinese capital is sacked by the Zulu. I'm playing as the Celtics and I'm around turn 850 on a Marathon game. Things were going well until now - when the game suddenly crashes. The Zulu take control of the city, a few other civs take their turn, and then the Chinese start to make theirs and the game closes with no errors or warnings. Any ideas? I've looked thru the logs and nothing, that I can tell, seems out of the ordinary. I'm sure someone else has a better understanding of the logs, so I appreciate your help!

I am playing with the CivIV Diplomatic Features mod, just to be clear. I'm hoping someone else has experienced the same thing and there is a solution.

So my discuss page when talking with another leader looks like this... No other mods besides EUI are running at this time. Also the buttons don't do what they say (such as that bottom button declares war).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

So my discuss page when talking with another leader looks like this... No other mods besides EUI are running at this time. Also the buttons don't do what they say (such as that bottom button declares war).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

EUI isn't compatible with this mod. It sucks because EUI is a must have for me :( I hope someone shows how to make EUI compatible.

Top Bottom