R.E.D. modpack

v0.8 available, download here !

changelog :

v0.8 (Jan 17, 2011):
- compatibility : converted all "updatedatabase" files from XML to SQL. This will prevent possible issues with mods editing the units stats or future patchs. R.E.D. must be loaded after any balance mods.
- changed : give name to units for WB use
- added 12 ethnic units : german modern armor Leopard 2, american modern armor M1A1, french infantry (not buildable, available for WB scenario), italian infantry, chinese infantry, french submarine Le Redoutable, american submarine Gato, japanese submarine I-15, italian submarine Marcello, english submarine S-Class, russian submarine Shchuka, german submarine U-Boat

Sorry, no carriers, I've not found a nice way to include them. Maybe in an "extended" version of the pack with new unit class (thinking of carrier / nuclear carrier, fighter-bomber, light/heavy tank, ...)

Great graphic mod everyone should use!
Make sure you install and activate this mod after all other gameplay mods.

Some minor text issues in v8:
- The "armor" in "Modern armor Leopard/T90/M1A1" should be capitalized like in "Modern Armor"
- "GERMAN LONGSWORDSMAN" should be de-capitalized to "German Longswordsman"
- Not sure which model the "German U-Boat" represents but it could be the most built "Type VII"

it is no right picture of new units in WB
some are invisible(U boat)
I'm not 100% certain, but if it's related to the Strategic view icons bug, I'm afraid that a patch is needed...

Great graphic mod everyone should use!
Make sure you install and activate this mod after all other gameplay mods.

Some minor text issues in v8:
- The "armor" in "Modern armor Leopard/T90/M1A1" should be capitalized like in "Modern Armor"
- "GERMAN LONGSWORDSMAN" should be de-capitalized to "German Longswordsman"
- Not sure which model the "German U-Boat" represents but it could be the most built "Type VII"
thank you, those will be fixed in next release :goodjob:

odd, v7 got problem.
upgrade riflemen to infantry, spearmen shows up.
does v8 got this problem?

odd, v7 got problem.
upgrade riflemen to infantry, spearmen shows up.
does v8 got this problem?

Civilization you were playing with ?

or do you have a savegame that I could try ?

I really like this mod, and I've not played a mod game without it since it's release, however I have a few questions.

1. Do you plan on making non-real units, such as modern units for civilizations that no longer exist?
2. Do you plan on making more Ancient-Renaissance units?
3. What do you think the limitations as to what units and civs you will be modding are?

1, 2 - yes, if someone made/convert them, "what if" units could be added as long as I feel that they fit well with the rest of the game.

3 - time, that's the limitation, else I'll already have started to convert some myself :D

but I won't add any unit just because it's available, for example there are great WW2 aircraft carrier available, but I won't add theim because IMO they won't go with the nuclear carrier of vanilla civ.

ho, the plan is simple enough : have an ethnic units for all classes and all civilizations, including City States.

I don't know when the next update will be, not only because I'm spending time on two major mods project atm, but also because there have been no new units since last update...

edit: added the plan in first post anyway :)

A very nice mod, can't wait to see more. I'm just wondering why you replaced the tank for Russia with the IS-2, since it's already based on the Russian T-34? That and isn't the modern armour already based on the leopard 2? I'm not sure, but it kinda looks like one.

A very nice mod, can't wait to see more. I'm just wondering why you replaced the tank for Russia with the IS-2, since it's already based on the Russian T-34? That and isn't the modern armour already based on the leopard 2? I'm not sure, but it kinda looks like one.

the vanilla T-34 and Leopard are generic, I wanted to give something more specific to Germany and Russia... I'll use a T-34 again for Russia and remove the IS-2 (or move it to a planned but not started extended mod with heavy tank class), but I wait for a new skin or a conversion.

Probably cannot be made to have options, as the files overwrite core files, rather than update.

Top Bottom