Looking for maps of all the civs at their height

truenarnian

Emperor
Is there a super-map, or series of maps that show the civs in Civ 5 at their greatest geographical reach? (Sort of like the backgrounds for each Civ when you are loading the game - how it always shows the map in the background.

I'm interested in playing some "re-creation" games where I play a true-start location map and only expand to the limits of the civ and then try and gain a victory within those constraints. I started with the US since I'm most familiar with their geographical reach (I included the Philippines, Hawaii, US Virgin Island, etc), but I'd like to try this with other civs too. Any help is appreciated.

I could keep going... But it gets difficult when you look outside Europe. France today is considered pretty much the same entity as france since its conception. A country like modern India represented in civ V has only existed since the 1940's. Should previous empires be included in it? Which ones?

There is a Google Earth extension that does this, created by a fellow civfanatic.
Try this or the older version, if the first one doesn't work.

Top Bottom