Sukritact's Events and Decisions

I love 'em hehe... One great thing about your decisions system is how it allows to give hints of little things that couldn't be represented before, like the Quipus :D

This is amazing and my hype train is now going full steam ahead.

None at all actually (though a few are a bit vague as a result); here's a preview.

Spoiler :

The Inca and Shoshone decisions that I'm showing here will probably be rebalanced; though the fundamental idea will remain.

If you've any ideas, feel free to present them, but no guarantee I'll actually implement them.

Looks great! Is there some balancing issue for why Mourning Wars can't be conducted after the Classical Era? I'd probably have them go to the Renaissance Era myself. And is the City-State randomly chosen, or can you set it so you only conduct Mourning Wars against certain City-States?

Looks great! Is there some balancing issue for why Mourning Wars can't be conducted after the Classical Era? I'd probably have them go to the Renaissance Era myself. And is the City-State randomly chosen, or can you set it so you only conduct Mourning Wars against certain City-States?
No real reason for the era limit. It's more an issue of preventing them from angering every CS they meet. The Mourning Wars are a generated decision. You get 1 for every CS you meet.

Unless the OP isn’t up-to-date, by my count you still need:

Babylon
Brazil
Celts
China
Ethiopia
Greece
Huns
India
Japan
Mongolia
Morocco
Persia
Zulus

Just for the record, Suk is away for two weeks, so don't post too much. :p

Yeah, I know. I was just looking for a legitimate excuse to bump this thread back up to the first page so it didn't get lost.

Unless the OP isn’t up-to-date, by my count you still need:

Babylon
Brazil
Celts
China
Ethiopia
Greece
Huns
India
Japan
Mongolia
Morocco
Persia
Zulus

Of those, Morocco, Celts, China, Brazil, Greece, Babylon, Persia, and Mongolia do have decisions added. All but one for the Zulu have rough ideas.

Of those, Morocco, Celts, China, Brazil, Greece, Babylon, Persia, and Mongolia do have decisions added. All but one for the Zulu have rough ideas.

So that leaves Ethiopia, Huns, India, Japan, and (partly) Zulus. I have to say, I'm surprised that India and Japan don't have any Decisions yet. Their rich, lengthy histories seem like they would be easy to create something for. Easy for me to say, because I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Maybe something for India having to do with multiple religions or +1 faith from Cows. Or something for the Huns having to do with his pseudo-betrothal to Honoria.

Well, India and Japan do, they just haven't been implemented yet. India took some time to come up with decisions for, as I wanted them to be as generally applicable as possible (and that wouldn't be out of place with the India pack enabled). Japan's decisions were conceived by Janboruta and Sukritact, so I'm not sure of their reasoning behind those, specifically.

Since the balance baseline seems to be 2 unique decisions per civ, how does this sound for a Civ idea which calls for 4 of them?

Of those four, two are mutually exclusive (adopting one repeals the other) and one does nothing but repeal both mutually exclusive ones. The mutually exclusive decisions have opposing effects -- one boosts production and science at the cost of tourism and culture, and the other does the opposite. In effect, you can still only have two unique decisions active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkuuù

I don't want to be scolded for revealing too much without Sukritact's consent, but Egypt has three decisions itself; with two of them being mutually exclusive. So there's definitely precedent. But as Sukritact noted in the thread - and as something I've observed - balance will need to be continually fine-tuned up until and after release.

Top Bottom