[MODMOD] Thal´s FlagPromotions for CPP

Will this break a save if I start using it midgame?

Hi Barra

Look for my selected unit.
In this screenshot you can see that the "medic" promotion is not showing above the unit.

Yes but the other unit is showing it,do you have moved the unit already?
is it a medic promo of another mod? If so, you need to relink the promo to the Icon set in the icons folder, its cause at Vanilla there are no 16ppi Icons

How to assign new promotions (from mods) some of the unused Icons?

pls take a look at cat_promotions.sql line 125+
you need the icons in 16,32,45,64 and 256ppi
16 = tiny Unit Flag
32 = Promo in unit panel
45 = Select promo button
64 and 256 presumeably pedia icons
Caution = Index starts with 0 not 1

I don't have CP or CBP, but when I tried this mod using these directions, I get "Mod is missing required dependencies." when I try to activate it.

Pls. delete the whole block

Spoiler :

Code:
    <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch" />
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="eead0050-1e3f-4178-a91f-26cf1881ac39" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="CSD" />
    <Mod id="47dd6204-89ab-4cf6-af4f-1327d2ce584c" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="C4DF" />
  </Dependencies>

Pls. delete the whole block

Spoiler :

Code:
    <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch" />
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="eead0050-1e3f-4178-a91f-26cf1881ac39" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="CSD" />
    <Mod id="47dd6204-89ab-4cf6-af4f-1327d2ce584c" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="C4DF" />
  </Dependencies>

That did that trick, thanks!

Yes but the other unit is showing it,do you have moved the unit already?
is it a medic promo of another mod? If so, you need to relink the promo to the Icon set in the icons folder, its cause at Vanilla there are no 16ppi Icons

Hi,

No, i don't use any other mod that alters the promotion. It's the usual CPP mod pack.

I am having the problem only in 1.04. I guess the fact that you removed some of the obsolete promotions have something to do with it?

Hi,

No, i don't use any other mod that alters the promotion. It's the usual CPP mod pack.

I am having the problem only in 1.04. I guess the fact that you removed some of the obsolete promotions have something to do with it?

The medic promo is not obsolete, Im wondering why the other unit got the promotion shown correctly.
Can you post the Lua log and/or a save game?

Okay... adding the icons to promotions in Cat_Promotions.sql does work, at least with the Atlas names you already use there.
So I'm able to add an icon of expansion1[...].dds to an promotion by updating it to IconAtlas = 'EXPANSIONI_ATLAS' .

But how about icons from the promotions128.dds file? E.g I have a new promotion, called PROMOTION_MOUNTAIN , which use
Code:
<PortraitIndex>59</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>PROMOTION_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
at the moment.

How to enable this flagpromotion?

Okay... adding the icons to promotions in Cat_Promotions.sql does work, at least with the Atlas names you already use there.
So I'm able to add an icon of expansion1[...].dds to an promotion by updating it to IconAtlas = 'EXPANSIONI_ATLAS' .

But how about icons from the promotions128.dds file? E.g I have a new promotion, called PROMOTION_MOUNTAIN , which use
Code:
<PortraitIndex>59</PortraitIndex>
at the moment.

How to enable this flagpromotion?

Hmmm, the promotions128.dds contains 16ppi Icons of the standard Vanilla promos (without the expansion promos), you could not link to it on its own.
Is there ingame a standart promo that uses this icon?
If so, use the portraitindex of it, you should find the promos in the game "asset" folder @path "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets", it should be a xml file. (with notepad ++ you can search whole folders and each file in it, for txt entrys )
It should look similiar to this :

Spoiler :
Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>PROMOTION_DRILL_1</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DRILL_1</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DRILL_1_HELP</Help>
			<Sound>AS2D_IF_LEVELUP</Sound>
			<OrderPriority>2</OrderPriority>
			<CombatPercent>10</CombatPercent>
			<CityAttack>15</CityAttack>
			<PortraitIndex>19</PortraitIndex>
			<PediaType>PEDIA_MELEE</PediaType>
			<PediaEntry>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DRILL_1</PediaEntry>
		</Row>

maybe you need to assign it to the "FP_Data.sql" file too, at line 10+

OR

just do your own 16, 32, 45, 64 and 256 atlas.
If you want to do this, you must add the atlas files to the "Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers.modinfo" file
you must also assign your new created atlas files as such, do it in the "Cep_Icons.xml" file.
Last but not least you need to specify the portraitindex of your new promo from your new atlas in the "Cat_Promotions.sql" file

For the creating of 16ppi Icons from existing promos, i would suppose to magic-cut the 256ppi one , create a new file at 208x208 pixels, paste the cutted image in it, outline it a bit, drop a shadow and a lil blur,
now resize the whole to 16ppi, now you have a single 16ppi icon, in the nxt step you can cut the whole 16ppi Icon and paste it in your new atlas template...( paint.net is a nice freeware to do so)
I hope you understand me, if you speak german sent me a PM and I will describe it in german.

proudly presents update 1.05

Vers. 1.05

- rearranging/hiding/showing of almost all promos...done
- some new icons
- fixed minor bug in the code for the navalPromo stacking (Lighthouse, TreasureFleet, mobility, navalTradition)
- navalPromo code for flexibel TooltipStacking added

I was so excited for this mod, until I tried it out and found out it disables the "Load" option from the in-game menu. Is there any way to fix that or is it unavoidable?

Hi Barra. First post, so please go easy!

Thanks for implementing this mod from Communitas. Its a wonderful addition to the game.

I've noticed that some of the promotions with custom images when you look at them in the Civilopedia are blurred or pixelated. Any chance this could be fixed in the next version?

Also the images for the Homeland Guardian and Sapper promotions seem to be the wrong image from the base game. Is this by design? Thanks again!

Hi Barra. First post, so please go easy!

Thanks for implementing this mod from Communitas. Its a wonderful addition to the game.

I've noticed that some of the promotions with custom images when you look at them in the Civilopedia are blurred or pixelated. Any chance this could be fixed in the next version?

Also the images for the Homeland Guardian and Sapper promotions seem to be the wrong image from the base game. Is this by design? Thanks again!

Welcome :hatsoff:
To be honest, I didnt had put much time into the pedia icons, I will push out an update soon, it will be support JFDs exCE mod and I will look into the pedia icons ;)

The 2 changes you listet are per design, I like it more, sapper is cause there is no original gold one, only in blue and red...bähhh :D
If someone is able to change the color to shining gold, i will thankfully add it back in ;)
Maybe next weekend...

Loving it, but i'm used to play with the strategic view. Would it be possible to adapt it?

Top Bottom