Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Harappa also needs their UU animation fixed.

I'll run some tests games.

The thing about Harappa is that their Expansion, Growth, and Infrastructure flavors are all set very high, but their various military flavors are set kind of low. So, in theory, they end up as a bunch of really nice cities ready to be invaded.

All of their uniques are Ancient Era, so it doesn't surprise me that they would be one of the better civs by 100 turns (btw, what speed?). The thing is, a good portion of their uniques also essentially obsolete once you're past the Classical Era, so I want to run some test games to see how well they leverage that head start later into the game.

I also feel their uniques play very differently for AI and Human players, so I need to be careful how to change them. The Sewer is a very nice building for the AI, but when it's main advantage is being earlier and cheaper, a Human player can rush to finish the Tradition tree and get 4 free Aqueducts earlier than usual as well. The Bullock Cart is also something whose full potential is wasted on the AI (even though they will use it as AI_GENERAL during wartime).

Guys I think the workshop is working again!

Okay, so I know I've been really bad at posting updates in this thread. I've been busy with real life and working on my religion mods mostly, but I have been fixing bugs on my civs behind the scenes.

As I had to fix the Benin civfanatics link anway, I did do a Benin update. Two main changes: I moved the healing from the Iya back to count as part of the UA (as a defensive ability I didn't want it able to be captured and used against you), I edited the UU abilities (I know, again) to be slightly more offensive and less terrain dependent (Ignores enemy Zone of Control. +25% Flank Attack Bonus. +1 Movement if it begins its turn adjacent to an enemy Unit), which I felt was needed (side thanks to JFD, as the ability came together thanks to his world of modders scenario). Also, I never changed the screenshots (because I'm lazy) but with the previous update (about a month or so ago) I changed the leaderscreen to a new one made by LastSword (thanks again).

I don't want to say that leaderscreen is bad, I bet author put some work on it, but it seems like very important thing was forgotten. Who knows, maybe Benin warriors shaved eyebrows to scary enemies... Anyway, I made fix on my own (all credits to original author of course): image. Who knows, it may be used in next update. Right now, you can install it on your own as I do (convert to dss, replace in mod folder). Sorry for th... I mean, you are welcome. :)

I assume that Iya's model is still not supporting DirectX9? It's small inconvenience for a great mod anyway.

I don't want to say that leaderscreen is bad, I bet author put some work on it, but it seems like very important thing was forgotten. Who knows, maybe Benin warriors shaved eyebrows to scary enemies... Anyway, I made fix on my own (all credits to original author of course): image. Who knows, it may be used in next update. Right now, you can install it on your own as I do (convert to dss, replace in mod folder). Sorry for th... I mean, you are welcome. :)

I assume that Iya's model is still not supporting DirectX9? It's small inconvenience for a great mod anyway.

I don't think the leaderscreen is bad at all. It blends much better with the game than the cartoon image I was using. I'll re-upload the mod with the updated image by the end of the day. The UI model is unchanged, it's entirely in Luegi's domain (as I'm completely incompetent modeling anything in 3D).

I don't think the leaderscreen is bad at all. It blends much better with the game than the cartoon image I was using.

As Random Observator I have to admit that yeah, this cartoon image didn't fit the game at all :crazyeye: Good job LastSword! And obviously Tomatekh, for whole Benin ;)

Now if only someone replaced Garamantes' leaderscreen... :p

Not sure if it counts for anything, but I've made another Kongo icon because I find the current one just isn't contrasty enough.

The colours look quite swell in-game too!

Hey, if you still need a leaderscreen for Champa I have been working on one in my spare time, so far this is what I have for the leader. (Note the head is Lu Su from dynasty warriors and will be changed when / if I can find a replacement).

Attachments

• champa.jpg
    champa.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 151
He looks great. Not so sure about the miniature sailor cap though haha.

Here's a finished version and an icon if you want to use it. Although the interior is actually of Angkor Wat, the image was to good to pass up and fits nicely.

Attachments

• red king icon.jpg
    red king icon.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 141
  • the red king cometh.jpg
    the red king cometh.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 240
I go away for two days and people actually post in my thread!!

Wow, great art, and I really do appreciate the help. I did actually already make some arrangements for Champa's art, however. Still, I'll see if I can work it in in some way. Also, I completely recognized the Dynasty Warriors head :p

BTW, I haven't posted an update in a while as I've actually been busy working on the civ after Champa...

Not sure if it counts for anything, but I've made another Kongo icon because I find the current one just isn't contrasty enough.
Spoiler :
The colours look quite swell in-game too!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. We're actually changing the symbol a bit back to the stylized X in Cyon's original mod. We'll keep your color suggestions in mind when updating the icon. Thanks.

Yeah no problem, I was just a it bored of seeing Kongo in my game looking as if they had sun damage.

Top Bottom