RFC 3000 BC Scenario - Roman quest

Dewor

Chieftain
Hi there,
I'm a beginner in playing mod's scenario, have you ever played with roman civ in RFC 3000 BC Scenario? It's very absorbing...
My doubt is about the victory conditions... Do you know what are the Roman Empire boundary defined in the victory condition settings? :confused:

In my opinion this is a very hard scenario, what u think?

I find the Roman quest hard as well. If you wait for the cities to spawn, there is not enough time to build the culture buildings and get the borders to expand before time runs out.

If you build the cities on your own, that is a lot of settlers to produce and cities to protect before time runs out.

Then you have to build the barracks, aqueduct, and ampitheater in the cities. Sheesh!

The thing is, you dont have to build anything in the cities. Read the mission carefully, it only applies to cities at or above 5. Since you'll be using slavery to get those last cities anyway, keeping all your cities under 5 is no problem at all.

It is hard though. The closest I've come is when i took out carthage right away with my starting units, and sent your first settler (not the one founding rome) to iberia. Then quickly populate iberia and africa, and then move to gaul and britannia. I haven't quite made it yet, but I think that path should work.

Rome I found rather simple. There are a few keys:
1. Cultural borders don't matter, you just need 3 cities in western North Africa, 3 cities in Modern France, 2 cities in Iberia, and one in England.
You will have to build your Iberian and English cities, and I built one in Gaul.
Now the whole time you should be whipping Praetorians. If you hold off, you should be able to easily capture 2 cities from Carthage, and only need to build one. Carthage is easy to conquer the second turn, but then you need to build 3 settlers.

2. A cheap and easy way to win is to whip every city under size 5. True, strategically turning you English, French and Spanish cities into tiny wastelands is very beneficial, but this is an exploit, so try to win without it.

3. As soon as you get your territory requirement you can lose the cities, and once the European civs spawn, if you give up those cities, Italy is 100% safe from barbs. Now to take advantage of these, just gift your North African cities to Egypt. All that is left, is to survive, and if you whipped your cities down to 1 for praets, and a few archers, to weaken the Euros, you huge armies should be able to protect you from everything. If you are worried, be France and Germany's . .. .. .. .. . and you will be safe.

How are you able to conquer carthage on second turn? I've tryed to put 4 legions in my starting galleys and send my galleys towards Carthage. The next turn Hannibals trireme destroys one galley and I have no change of taking two cities with 2 legions!

Well, the game has changed a lot in the past 2 and a half years. For example, the whipping exploit is no longer available.
That is probably why, I don't recall ever seeing a Carthaginian Trireme back then.

Top Bottom