Leaders
Khyan
Sakir-Har
Apepi
Salitis
Jacob-Baal

Civilopedia entry
#RACE_HYKSOS
^The Hyksos are Militaristic and Religious. Their unique unit is the $LINK<Hyksos Chariot=PRTO_Hyksos_Chariot>.
^
^The Hyksos were an ethnically mixed group of Semitic people who filtered into the eastern Egyptian Delta around
the middle of the Thirteenth Dynasty (around 1720 B.C.E) taking advantage of a period of internal Egyptian weakness.
They brought with them, the composite bow and horse drawn chariot. They ruled Lower and Middle Egypt for over
100 years. They used Egyptian titles associated with traditional Egyptian kingship, and even took the Egyptian
god Sutekh (Set, Seth) to represent their own titulary deity.
^
^Unfortunately, we only know of a handful of Hyksos kings and very little of their exploits.
The Egyptians put a great deal of effort into destroying every trace of Hyksos rule.
But we do know that dispite the humilation of being ruled by foreigners most Egyptians flurished under their
rule, and some even supported them. The flip side is that in spite of the prosperity that the stable political
situation brought to the land, the native Egyptians continued to view the Hyksos as hated "Asiatics",
and Ahmose I was eventually able to drive them out and claim a unified Egypt as his kingdom.

Looks great, Rob!:goodjob: Good job, as always.:)

This is a very pleasant departure from other Egyptian LHs. I may use it in my Alex scenario instead of the Rameses lookalike I have at the moment.

And it's very high quality of course Rob. :goodjob:

hey...
i just noticed there's something amiss from the pedia info,
it should be: Unfortunately we only know of a handful of Hyksos kings....

my bad.

also, these cities are really just the anctient Egyptian cities they occupied,
(except perhaps Zoan, i believe they founded that one) i used the actual
anctient Egyptian names as Ogedei_the_Mad suggested in the Warrior Pharaoh thread.

the reason i'm mentioning this is so that anyone doing an Egypt mod could make great use
of that city list. essentially it's all the cities from Upper and Middle Egypt, in their anctient names.

and thank-you so much again R8XFT, i promise he's being put to good use ;)

Top Bottom