Hukkak Revised Extra Civs Pack

sean444

Chieftain
I've revised the original Hukkak's Extra Civs Pack that added 20 new Civs to the game.

- Works with CIV5 1.0.1.167.

- Available through in-game mod browser.

- Fixed some traits that didn't work they way Hukkak intended.

- Removed Mongol since it is in free DLC.

- Implemented the awesome icon graphics and color suggestions from TypoTX.

- Renamed conflicting City State names.

- Renamed some conflicting new Civ City names.

- Relatively easy to disable one or more of the Civs.

19 Civilizations

Assyria (Ashurbanipal) - Fertile Crescent Warriors: Double gold from plundering barbarian encampments, 20 % combat bonus during golden ages. Assyrian Bowman replaces Archer - 1 Extra range damage and improved healing rate. Karum replaces Market - 10 % food bonus on top of regular market's 25 % gold increase.

Byzantine (Justinian) - Holy Crusaders: 25 % chance to convert land barbarians and gain a small amount of culture from all kills. Cataphract replaces Knight - 2 extra strength and earns extra experience from offensive attacks. Hippodrome replaces Stable - Gives a culture bonus and a larger increase to mounted unit production.

Dutch (Willem Von Oranje) - World Traders: Double quantities of spices, ivory, dye, pearls, and furs. Naval units gain extra sight II. Fluyts replace Frigate - Can enter rival territory and 7 moves per turn. Dutch Watermill replaces Watermill - Costs no maintenance and builds faster than a watermill.

Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) - Cradle of Mankind: Cities produce buildings 10 % faster if the capitol has already built one and +2 culture from strategic resources. Oromo Warrior replaces Musketman - Builds much faster and ignores terrain movement cost. Stele replaces Monument - Double the culture bonus of normal monument.

Harappan (Madaragavan) - Blessing of the Indus Valley: 5 % bonus to food and production in all cities, and 25 % less unhappiness from population. Harappan Swordsman replaces Swordsman - Slightly stronger and has a small bonus vs mounted units. Harappan Library replaces Library - Costs no gold maintenance and gives more science bonus.

Hittite (Suppiluliuma) - Anatolian Defenders: 15 % great scientist generation and free promotion Homelands(15% friendly lands bonus) to all archer, gun, and helicopter units. Hittite War Chariot replaces Archer - Slightly stronger, takes less production, extra sight I, and small bonus vs mounted units. Iron Forge replaces Forge - 10 % bonus to food production on top of the regular forge bonus.

Holy Roman (Charlemagne) - The Reichstag: 20 % reduction to unhappiness penalty from number of cities, and +15 % combat experience for all units. Teutonic Knight replaces Knight - Has 2 extra strength and starts with Pious promotion (healing bonus). Rathaus replaces Castle - Gives a defensive bonus and 20 % increase to culture.

Inca (Huayna Capac) - Glory of Init: 10% wonder production bonus, and recieve a free great engineer upon discovery of astronomy. Huaracas replace Archers - Has 2 more combat strength and ranged strength than an archer and ignores terrain cost. Terrace replaces Barracks - Gives 2 bonus to food and culture.

Khmer (Jayavarman II) - Spiritual Architecture: 25 % bonus to great person generation, and 10 % bonus to production in all cities. Ballista Elephant replaces Chariot Archer - Has 1 extra range and extra sight I. Baray replaces Granary - Only gives a +1 bonus to food but gives +1 culture and +15 % food yield. Costs more gold than a regular granary.

Korea (Wang Kon) - Ancient Scholars: 20 % great people production and +2 science from strategic resources. Hwacha replaces Catapult - 2 Extra range damage and 1 extra movement. Seowon replaces University - 60 % science bonus and +2 science from jungle tiles.

Mali (Mansa Musa) - Desert Fortunes: +1 gold from all trade routes, and +2 gold from all strategic resources. Skirmisher replaces Spearman - Bonus to defending and +1 healing inside friendly terrain. Mali Forge replaces Forge - 15 % bonus to land unit production, and 10 % bonus to gold.

Maya (Pacal) - Jungle Fervor: All cities gain 10 % science bonus and strategic resources give a 2 science bonus. Holkans replace Spearman - Double movement in forest/jungle tiles and partially heals on an enemy kill. Ball Court replaces Colosseum - Costs slightly less maintenance while granting the same 4 happiness bonus and an additional 2 culture.

Mughal (Akbar) - Imperial Dynasty: 20% improvement to city-state bonuses and relations, and 5 % gold bonus to all cities. Mughal War Elephant replaces Knight - Has 3 extra strength and starts with 10 % bonus to city attack. Mughal Garden replaces Garden - Gives only 15 % great person production bonus but also gives a 15 % bonus to plot culture costs and an extra great artist slot.

Portugal (Henry the Navigator) - Age of Discovery. +30 % golden age duration, 10 % reduction in plot buying costs, and free great merchant with discovery of navigation. Carrack replaces Caravel - Has 2 extra strength, 1 extra movement. Feitoria replaces Market - 10% more gold bonus than a market, and has a small defense bonus.

Sioux (Sitting Bull) - Lakota Revenge: Receive a free great general upon discovery of horseback riding. +10 % great general bonus/rate, 10 % policy cost reduction. Lakota Rider replaces Cavalry - Has 1 extra strength and ignores terrain cost. Totem replaces Monument - +2 culture and +10 experience to all units.

Spain (Isabella) - The Spanish Armada: 10 % great general production, embarked units can defend themselves, and 33 % chance to convert sea barbarians. Conquistador replaces Cavalry - 20 % attack bonus in rough terrain. Citadel replaces Castle - 25 % more defense bonus than a regular castle.

Sumeria (Gilgamesh) - Dawn of Agriculture: 15% food yield bonus in all cities. Vultures replace warriors. Starts with extra sight I and 30 % open terrain bonus. Ziggurat replaces Temple - Gives a 15 % bonus to great person production.

Viking (Harald Hardrada) - Seafaring Warriors: All combat units start with amphibious and 25 % chance to convert sea barbarians. Berserker replaces Swordsman - 30 % attack bonus against cities. Trading Post replaces Harbor - Slightly higher naval production bonus and only costs 1 gold maintenance.

Zulu (Shaka Zulu) - Warriors of the Sky: Melee, mounted, and archer units do extra damage against wounded enemies. Impi replace Spearman - moves and heals faster than regular spearman. Ikhanda replaces Barracks - Costs slightly more to build, but grants 1 production bonus and 20 unit experience instead of 15.

What about a few maps, with these civs ?

Would be like nice if we have an Ancient Civs Earth Standard Map...

I am not a mod expert, but there seems to be a problem with this one. I think in the vanilla game palaces yield 4 science at the start. With these civilizations, for whatever reason, the palaces only yield one science. It's tough to play when it takes 38 turns to grab a first level tech!

Im not sure if this mod causes the prob but when i play against a few civs,some of the leader screens show no dialogue. Just options for me to click like Trade,Discuss etc

I am not a mod expert, but there seems to be a problem with this one. I think in the vanilla game palaces yield 4 science at the start. With these civilizations, for whatever reason, the palaces only yield one science. It's tough to play when it takes 38 turns to grab a first level tech!

The vanilla game Palace (from the XML) has 2 gold, 2 production, and 3 science. When I run with this mod and this mod only, The Palace looks just like the vanilla game except for Ethiopia.

This mod doesn't override the Palace building class characteristics. It does, however, implement a trait using a free building in every city for the Ethiopian. When you grant a free building, you have to change the Palace definition. I thought the changes would be additive, but they are not. The Ethopian Palace is definitely messed up, granting only +1 culture.

Can you verify that you had only the problem with Ethiopia?

Version 3 is on its way.

sean, how did you bypass the uploading error?

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think the problem was due to the overall size of the mod.

Hukkak's original didn't compress the Dawn of Man (DOM), Map files, or Atlas files. When I compressed them, the overall size dropped below 10 MB and it uploaded fine.

Im not sure if this mod causes the prob but when i play against a few civs,some of the leader screens show no dialogue. Just options for me to click like Trade,Discuss etc

I don't understand what you are describing. So far, playing as the Hukkak Revised Civs and also playing against them, my son and I have not seen this, except for the very first time you meet a civ.

Are you describing the situation where you are playing as one of these new civs or against them? Are you saying that the leader screen never have any dialogue?

The vanilla game Palace (from the XML) has 2 gold, 2
Can you verify that you had only the problem with Ethiopia?

Version 3 is on its way.
Looks like I spoke to soon! I can now confirm that the problem is only with Ethiopia, they were the Civ I was trying to play. I will look forward to version 3.

:D Nice mod, i like the sumerians.
Have a lot of fun to rule them as Gilgamesch;)

Mr. Sean

might be a wrong place to ask, however since it concerns about your extra civ pack i would like to ask it here. im trying to add the Kingdom of Hungary to the game for 2 weeks still without any success (furthest i could go was full of TXT errors... cant find salvation about that neither. :S ), so as last resort ive simply taken Assyria from the pack and renamed it with the exception of the first line (<Civilization>Civilization_Assyria</Civilization>) and.... it worked. however if i try to change that line, it goes boom. not appearing anymore.

im eager to know the reason and the how to's about it, since wasted more than enough time rewriting the whole mod 4 times. and if possible i would like it added to your civilization package(icons,dom ready, just need testing:S)

it might be only my stupidity, but i would be grateful for your or anyone elses help.

Attachments

• Hungary (v 3).rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 172
Mr. Sean

might be a wrong place to ask, however since it concerns about your extra civ pack i would like to ask it here. im trying to add the Kingdom of Hungary to the game for 2 weeks still without any success (furthest i could go was full of TXT errors... cant find salvation about that neither. :S ), so as last resort ive simply taken Assyria from the pack and renamed it with the exception of the first line (<Civilization>Civilization_Assyria</Civilization>) and.... it worked. however if i try to change that line, it goes boom. not appearing anymore.

im eager to know the reason and the how to's about it, since wasted more than enough time rewriting the whole mod 4 times. and if possible i would like it added to your civilization package(icons,dom ready, just need testing:S)

it might be only my stupidity, but i would be grateful for your or anyone elses help.

I know generally the cause of the "TXT" stuff you are seeing. I'm not sure what else you are asking, however. Given your actual Hungary mod package, I'm sure I could find the exact problems you are having. Have you published your mod?

The file you attached isn't really your Hungary Civilization. As you said, it is a version of the Hukkak Extra Civ Pack, with a couple of edits. I don't understand how you generated the package. It has a different Mod ID so you seem to be using ModBuddy, but I'm guessing you are using an old version of ModBuddy since the modinfo file is missing the "import=" tag for the <Files> section. I really recommend you get the most recent version of ModBuddy/SDK from Steam.

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to add Hungary to the Hukkak Extra Civ Pack. I didn't actually create the original "Hukkak". It was done by someone name Hukkak when Civ 5 first came out, but various Civ5 updates (and a couple of misconceptions by Hukkak) broke it badly. Since it appeared to be abandoned (but popular), I reworked it as an exercise. I also went against the grain for the way I put all the XML for a Civ into pretty much one file instead of the way Kael describes. I did this to make it easier for someone to disable Civs from the pack.

Truthfully, the Hukkak revised isn't a good model for a single Civ mod. My "Nightmare Before Christmas" http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=411973 Civilization would be a much better starting place. It is a single Civ with a custom building, custom unit, and custom artwork.

The "TXT" errors are usually caused by 2 things. 1) The object defined as "TXT_blah_blah_blah" doesn't have the corresponding entry -- seems like you have a handle on that; and 2) If there is ANY duplication of a "TXT_blah_blah_blah" while the Mod is loaded, it seems to break all text. The Kael guide that most people used for creating mods is mostly correct, but various Civ5 game updates make following it strictly, incorrect.

Your attached file doesn't have your complete Hungary Civ with the Leader, so I can't tell what specifically is wrong, but the convention I implemented for "TXT" stuff is to make the names really unique so there is very little chance of the same name in either the vanilla game or with another mod. So, for an example using a city name

<Civilization_CityNames>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_ASSYRIA</CivilizationType>
<CityName>TXT_KEY_ASSYRIA_CITY_NAME_ASSUR</CityName>
</Row>
</Civilization_CityNames>
<Language_en_US>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_ASSYRIA_CITY_NAME_ASSUR">
<Text>Assur</Text>
</Row>
</Language_en_US>

You want to make sure the "TXT_KEY_ASSYRIA_CITY_NAME_ASSUR" is totally unique. In the vanilla game, they used objects like "TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BUDAPEST." I'd even hazard a guess that your specific problem might be that you have defined exactly that Hungarian city name and it is conflicting with the City State name definition from the vanilla game.

I'd even go further, now, and make those entries actually be something like "TXT_KEY_HUKKAK_ASSYRIA_CITY_NAME_ASSUR" or in your case, "TXT_KEY_CETAI_HUNGARY_CITY_NAME_BUDAPEST" or the like.

As far as problems with adapting the "CIVILIZATION_ASSYRIA" to "CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY", you need to change the name everywhere in the XML, not just in the <Civilizations>. That includes City Names, Building and Unit overrides, Leader, and starting conditions.

hmpf. well thank you, sadly i cant update modbuddy (alas read about importing to VFS a lot on these forums which is missing from it, might be the cause of the import tag :S )

ill try to remake an older (and fully complete) of this mod then bearing the txt problems in mind (already knew about Budapest, but the historical capital of Hungary is actually Buda, Pest was an another city on the other side of the Duna river, so ive made them separated). My problem was that ive edited many things that appeared correctly(civ name, history, etc) but when i changed that tag (CIVILIZATION_ASSYRIA) it all went poof.

anyway thank you for your help, ill check out Jack Skellington later :D

Is the Ethiopian issue fixed in V3? I tried V4 and I'm still only getting one science after I found a city.

Is the Ethiopian issue fixed in V3? I tried V4 and I'm still only getting one science after I found a city.

Yes, it was fixed in version 3. Version 4 is working fine. After founding the capital, there is 4 science in the city screen. I don't know what to say.

I guess you should make sure the original Hukkak is not also active in the mods when you set up a game. You might also want inspect your mods directory and manually delete all but the version 4.

When I download this through the in-game mod browser, and it finishes, it doesn't show up in my installed ones... or anywhere, in fact, besides the download screen. And when I go to the set-up screen, none of the civs show up. When I go to my MODS folder, the download shows up as being there, but when I try to run it in-game it doesn't see it.

Any tips on getting this content to show up in the "Installed" tab to be activated/enabled?

When I download this through the in-game mod browser, and it finishes, it doesn't show up in my installed ones... or anywhere, in fact, besides the download screen. And when I go to the set-up screen, none of the civs show up. When I go to my MODS folder, the download shows up as being there, but when I try to run it in-game it doesn't see it.

Any tips on getting this content to show up in the "Installed" tab to be activated/enabled?

That is really strange. If the folder is in your [My Documents]\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS directory, then your game believes it HAS installed it. Are all the files in the "Hukkak Revised Extra Civs Pack (v 4)" directory? There should be an Art folder, XML folder, and a .modinfo file. Have you tried removing the "Hukkak Revised Extra Civs Pack (v 4)" directory from MODS and re-installing from the in-game browser?

I just did exactly that as a test. The mod downloaded and installed just fine for me. It looks like the current game version is 10.0.1.221.

I take it you have used the in-game browser to install and use other mods? So it can't be the noob problem of failing to go to the Mods area when starting a new game. Do you have an "Install Mods" button in your "Installed" screen?

Actually, this is the first mod I've tried to install for V... though I have installed and used plenty of mods for cIV (Sevomod user) and cIVcol (AoE2).

What appears in my MODS folder is a single file, labeled "d4e9a196-0cbf-447c-a4bb-825714849b2a-4.civ5mod". No folders or files are extracted from that.

I do know enough to go to the MODS area to start a Modded game, though, thanks. :lol:

In my "Installed" screen, all I have is the free Mongols scenario, not enabled. There is no "Install mods" button that I can see.

Top Bottom