Autograph hunters

col

Old Fart
Retired Moderator
Oddly enough. I've been asked for my autograph three times in the last year.

The first was in a bookshop in Vancouver. A guy approached me and insisted I was John Entwistle from The Who. So I did him a nice autograph in the name of John Entwistle. Unfortunately John Entwistle died a few months later. So now there's someone in Vancouver who thinks he has an autograph worth thousands.

The second time was a month ago in a pub in Scarborough. One guy thought I was Mick Fleetwood. So I .... signed an autograph in the name of Mick Fleetwood. Hey he was drunk and bigger than me.

Last week, I was out to dinner with my wife and parents. At the end of the meal, the restaurant owner came up and wanted my autograph. He insisted he'd seen me on Tv. The is time I gave him an autograph in my real name. He seemed happy. My parents should get a good meal next time. Its near where they live.

Must be my beard and pony tail that gives me the rock star look :)

Ever been asked for an autograph?? What would you do?

Not that I've got a guilty concience, but if I saw someone pointing at me and saying "There he is!" I'd leg it. :mischief:

Originally posted by Crazy Eddie
Not that I've got a guilty concience, but if I saw someone pointing at me and saying "There he is!" I'd leg it. :mischief:

So would I. Someone outside a club mistook me for another guy once “There’s the bastard, get him!”. I had to leg it fast. Not very pleasant.
But I have once been mistaken for a somewhat well-known singer in Denmark. Not a singer I adore, much rather one I despise. That was also somewhat unpleasant too…

Cimbri

Hey Col will you be olivia newton john for me?? I've always wanted her autograph

:lol:

I have been mistaken for Gary Lineker before but was not asked for an autograph, If I had been asked, I would probably respectively decline, afterall look what happened to Wyclifffe.:D

ferenginar

I've been told several times that I look like a certain rather well known musician from Liverpool. No one has ever asked me for his autograph though ... probably because he's been dead for some time.

I've been told I look like John Belushi (and I sort of do), but no one has ever asked me for my autograph because of it. He is dead, after all.

Top Bottom