Atlantis Civilization

RandyG

Chieftain
G&K Version (available on steam)

If anyone wants to contribute art or text, there is a high probability it would get added to future versions.

UA: Poseidon's Wrath: All land units start with allwater embark promotion

UU: Atlantian Trireme: 2 combat strength more than normal trireme and can cross ocean tiles

UB: Temple of Poseidon: no maintenance and +5% gold and science generation in addition to the normal faith it provides

Map: Adds four land masses that make up a broken-up continent of Atlantis to the Atlantic

Future Versions: I would like to make it so that the temple gives a bonus to gold and/or science based on the number of active trading partners you have. For example you would get +2% gold and science in each city with the temple per trading partner, so if you were trading with 3 civs then you get 6% bonus in each city with the temple. If anyone knows how to do this post here or post here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=467882

Screenshots on steam

Vanilla Version

Traits: All land units start with allwater embark promotion. The Atlantis Civilization also has a 15% increase to [ICON_RESEARCH] science yeild.
UU: Atlantian Trireme: +1 movement and +2 combat than normal trireme and can cross ocean tiles
UB: Temple of Poseidon: no maintenance, +1 culture than normal temple, +10% great people production
Map: Adds four land masses that make up a broken-up continent of Atlantis to the Atlantic

Attachments

• Atlantis Civ and Map (G&K) (v 2).zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,013
  • Atlantis Civ and Map (v 2).zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 753
Sounds great, I might be able to do some text for you. What do you need? Like the intro text during loading?

Let me know anyways, great job Ill check it out soon! :)

Thanks for responding to this post and sorry for my slow response.

The mod is in the mod browser and I have taken the "&" out of the name and replaced it with "and". The "&" showed up funny so I don't know if that is why it was broken. Version 2 does not really have any changes from version 1 other than the name and a few other text fixes.

If someone can please tell me if the mod and map are now working from the mod browser, I would appreciate it. I was able to download, install, and play by downloading both v1 and v2, so I don't know why it is broken. I followed Kael's guide for uploading the mod to the mod browser, so if there is something else that I need to do then please let me know. Btw does anyone know how I can remove the v1 mod since I changed the name for v2?

I have the mod in a zip file but I am not sure how to attach it to this post. I see the attachment button, but it will not let me click it.

@ Barcelonic: I have included text for pretty much everything, but all I did was spend about an hour or so looking up stuff on Atlantis and then copying and pasting what seemed interesting. All I was saying is that I am open to suggestions for improving the text. The same goes for the art.

@ The Little One: I have your LOTR mods. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Ok my pop-up blocker was not allowing me to attach files. Here is the mod in a zip file.

edit: the attachment has been moved to the first post.

@ Barcelonic: I have included text for pretty much everything, but all I did was spend about an hour or so looking up stuff on Atlantis and then copying and pasting what seemed interesting. All I was saying is that I am open to suggestions for improving the text. The same goes for the art.

Tbh that's pretty much the sort of thing I was going to do but I've recently taken an interest in the subject so will likely be getting a book soon and know more. That said I saw a documentary on it the other day and i learned a few things I could PM you in case they weren't in your text?
I still have the doc actually so could check some info for you and get back to you in next few days? Lemme know :)

Will be a great mod this one, you'll wanna make sure it's compatible with the expansion too - in fact come to think of it, does anyone know if any mods actually would likely be affected by the upcoming expansion?

I still have the doc actually so could check some info for you and get back to you in next few days? Lemme know

You are exactly the type of person I had in mind when I asked if anyone wanted to contribute text, so yeah send me whatever.

Were you able to get the mod working from the mod browser?

Will be a great mod this one, you'll wanna make sure it's compatible with the expansion too - in fact come to think of it, does anyone know if any mods actually would likely be affected by the upcoming expansion?

I would like to know the answer to this as well. After searching for the answer on the forums, it seems that many people are already planning on having to rework their mods for the expansion.

I actually have a bug with the in-game mod browser whereby the game crashes every time i begin to download one. It didn't used to be like that

I set up a thread here... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=456899

but nobody has replied yet. Im not too fussed as I have the mods i like but for this mod ill def get this thing sorted when i can. If its a common bug i might be able to fix it if not i may need a re-install or something.

Ill watch that doc again and try to get back to you soon. City lists may be tricky and also Atlantis has three other names it went by in different cultures/eras (believed to have anyways).. ill send you some info soon

GL with the mod-making, i hope 'Gods & Kings' doesn't plague a couple years of mods with problems.

OK sorry for double post - Randy i PMd you some info on Atlantis - lemme know what you think or if you want me to write anything up for the mod loading text or anything else.

Cheers for letting me help, ill look forward to your mod :)

I use and love it, your mod work nicely on my pc.Thanks RandyG

Glad you like it. Look for a new version in the coming weeks that will update most if not all of the text. There may also be changes to the UU, UB, UT, and the art.

If you have any suggestions please pass them on.

I am getting ready to release this mod for G&K. I have completely remade the mod, so now the civ has a new personality, UA, and UB. The UU has been slightly modified.

I am still working on the UB and need a little help. I would like to make it so that the UB gives a bonus for each trading partner. For example, +2% gold this turn for each civ that you were trading with on the previous turn. If anyone thinks they can give me some advise on this, please post your response in this thread or preferably here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=467882

Is it possible to modify it so they build underwater cities?

I guess you mean put a city on a water tile? I did a quick look though the xml and lua game files, but did not see anything that would allow this. My guess is that you will have to wait for the DLL to be released before this will be possible.

Top Bottom