Brazil Civilization

Saltbeard

Chieftain
Hey everyone, didn't know where to introduce myself, so I thought I would here.
I'm Saltbeard (obviously), I've actually attempted to mod Civilization 5 before, but only recently tried again with success. You may have seen my vermin supreme mod (as of today it's the first on the workshop list. I feel special.)
This is my second mod release, and the first one on this forum.
Steam Workshop Link

Adds Brazil to the game as a civilization. Requires Gods and Kings. If you don't have the Spain and Inca DLC, default music will play (I think).

I created this mod knowing very little about Brazil, and at first didn't take enough time to look stuff up. As such, the first version of the mod had many misconceptions in it. Hopefully this version will prove more accurate. Forgive me for my ignorance of history... :p

Civilization: Brazil
Leader: Dom Pedro I

UA: Independence, or Death!
Unhappiness in cities decreased by 10%. Plantations give 2 extra food and fishing boats give 2 extra production. Free Great General after researching Printing Press.

UU: Bandeirantes
A unique replacement for the musketman that ignores forest/jungle terrain costs and gains a combat bonus against wounded units. Is also able to build Trading Posts, Mines, and Forts.

UB: Coffea Plantation
Unique Brazilian replacement for the Windmill that provides 1 Gold on Jungle tiles as well as 1 Coffee in the city.

Resource: Coffee
Only obtainable from Coffea Plantations.

If anyone out there wants to help me correct anything, I'd appreciate it.

Special Thanks:
Kael for his guide (Taught me how to mod Civ 5)
Arthur, and other commenters (Gave me a few history lessons and bits of advice after seeing my vain attempt at making Brazil)
Horem and Pouakai (I had no idea how to make a new resource icon before looking at a thread and a mod file.)

Mod overhauled.
Also, I'm sorta new to mod making... I know I have to credit people if I looked at their mod files to understand things. Am I required to ask permission to look at mod files? What are the rules regarding that?
I ask because I looked at some of Pouakai's code so I could figure out the resource icon thing. I hope you don't mind.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to give credit if you're only looking at someone's code and not actually using any of it. You also don't need to ask permission to just look around as far as I'm aware.
Regardless, I'm fine with you looking at my files for the resources - it's the same way I learn

Top Bottom