LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Lord_Iggy said:
@Cuiv- I'm still unsure of your starting location. Mountainous, with a coastal border (kinda Chile-shaped)? I can get a map to you later tonight or maybe tomorrow if that's right.

Doesn't have to be near a coastline, though that would be an added bonus. Just mountains, with my starting location in a valley. Maybe where two mountain ranges meet or something, with the two cities nestled in the crook between the mountains. I've dropped the Inca-like idea.

OOC: You know, contempt wants you dead swiss. I'm sure he probably wants me dead too :p

Swissempire said:
@Cuiv: I'm simply reasoning IC with a someone else, who IC or at least the character created should agree:(

Are you kidding me? The Lengel view of honor is alot different than your view, let me just put it like that. For example, the Lengels are not above using spies, because they believe that it is honorable to use every advantage they have to win. The Lengels will kill populations because it is honorable to purge these lesser people. And the Lengels viewed the Shalamari, and now the Bladeiests, as a lesser people.

However, the Lengels are 'honorable' in the fact that they will always abide by their word, even to traitors, although they like using word games to avoid actually giving their word, unless giving their word benefits them. So you see, Lengel Honor is skewed, but it is honor. And I am acting IC, because I moulded the culture and leaders through my stories and my actions in the Updates and behind the scences. So really Swiss, you have no idea what IC really is for Lengels. But I do, and you should take that at face value.

in the fact that they will always abide by their word

With respect, Contempt, this is beginning to get on my nerves. Can you please stop repeating that you always abide by your word? Mind, its not like I don't believe you, its just too cliched. :p

OOC: so what makes a people not one of the "lesser" peoples and who are the people that aren't one of the "lesser" peoples?

who are the people that aren't one of the "lesser" peoples?

The Lengels, obviously. ;)

The new coins did not fundamentally change markets, after all local coins had been in use for some time, but they did dramatically expand trade. The merchant outfitting his ship in Andama could now easily compare prices for provisions with the farmers in Noras; and with the state of the roads, transportation had never been cheaper. Those wealthy farmers could use the new coins to influence bureaucrats in Lux for favorable tariffs. Those ambitious bureaucrats could flaunt their success by purchasing elegant clothes from the tailors of Zarz. Those same tailors could ship their stock to the merchants of Andama for overseas trade.

The economy was booming everywhere but nowhere was it more vibrant than Andama. The roads connected all the cities but had yet to cross any international border, as a result most trade had to travel by sea out of one of Tellium’s two major ports. Zarz, opened on a sea well known for the numerous deadly battles it has hosted, was more of a naval base than a commercial port. Andama on the other hand was already well acquainted with foreign imports. It had long been the entry point of Kalmer and Lengel soldiers traveling to the Khemrian front, so while it may not have been quite cosmopolitan it was better acquainted with foreigners and the exotic goods that are made available when cultures meet.

Andama had another important asset that made it a preferable trade port. It was the home of The Tellus Bank. Money-Changers were one of the professions adversely affected by the new coinage, but a small group who saw the opportunity combined assets to offer a slightly different service, money-lending. This superposition of available credit and potentially large profits gave Andama in these early days a feverish pace. In the end few individual merchants struck it rich but The Tellus Bank and Andama were ultimately set on very sound footing.

One after the other. Now you know how it felt, Swiss. For both me and Dark. ;)

Silver Steak said:
One after the other. Now you know how it felt, Swiss. For both me and Dark. ;)

Actually he has it worse, Attacked while being away I mean, So you dont know how he feels.

I actually want to fight the Lengels, I just want to fight them after I kll these Goddamn Nuraferi's! But anywho thanks for explaining it Contempt, i fine with it now. I just assumed you were going by our OTL honor thing, so thats cool, see you on the field:D

lurker's comment: You'll have lot of work to do if you plan to kill nurmafer. It won't be that easy... :p

Oh and Iggy the following update being a longer IT, can we presume our income is doubled and that we can say invest points into a project instead of the regular one point.

To: Lengels

As in the past, our nations have no quarrel. New Veritas has always been the protector of the Exodian Ocean,* her fleets unchallenged in strength since the founding. We have taken our revenge on Emor, the nation of traitors, but we have no objection to you destroying it, on the condition that your vessels not trespass on Valin seas. We also wish to offer you an accord of peace, (NAP) for the duration of one hundred seasons, or twenty-five years as you would put it. (one update)

In addition, the unjust Emorian protectorate on Verta is broken as well. We view these lands to be holy, and would request your leave to recommence pilgrimages to the island of Veritas. You are the undisputed masters of the land, Valins the protectors of the seas. We can profit far more in alliance than in opposition. And peace between the Lengels and the League is essential to the completion of your goals.

May Order enthrone you,

A.P.N.V.

To: Verta

We request your leave to send pilgrims to Veritas. In addition, we invite you to join New Veritas, Exilsium, and Norvalin in the League of Valins. There should be no interference with your obligations to the Lengels.

To: Norvalin, Arcadia, Exilsium

Thank you for the assistance.

To: Guangfei

We officially request the opening of Guangfei's borders to our merchants. We ensure a fair exchange of goods, as long as peace may reign between us. Guangfei's merchants and benevolent (non-religious) monks are also welcome in our lands, if you agree to our proposal. With a war to your north, and savages to your south, we are sure that you might find peace and prosperity with us acceptable.

May Light surround you,

A.P.N.V.

*Iggy, the Exodian Ocean the name I'm putting forward for the ocean. I think it should be accepted, since Valin states sail it mostly, and the name reflects the original Summa doctrines declaring that the One sent the original Veritasans across the sea from Paradise.

andis-1 said:
lurker's comment: You'll have lot of work to do if you plan to kill nurmafer. It won't be that easy... :p

Nurmafer is on the verge of collaspe you know :p Sure, they may stay on that island fortress but it's just a matter of time.

@thlayli, weren't you supposed to be back around August 22? :confused:

das said:
With respect, Contempt, this is beginning to get on my nerves. Can you please stop repeating that you always abide by your word? Mind, its not like I don't believe you, its just too cliched. :p

That's what makes it fun when I abide by my word, but still manage to work around it ;)

to: Guangfei
We wish to send people to observe your armies in the north, may we?

alex994 said:
Nurmafer is on the verge of collaspe you know :p Sure, they may stay on that island fortress but it's just a matter of time.
Hah, Nurmafer still has plenty of her sentinels left, more than enough to destroy swade and myocaca ;)

Top Bottom