Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Anyone getting an error of "Art/Units/Norman Knight/Norman Knight.INI"? ive trying to find the problem in the unit folder, but i still get the same error. im running C3C, not "Complete", full 1.22 english patch, everythings up to date. everything is installed in the correct places, as best i can tell, but i noticed that the install has put a folder in my senarios directory called Conquests. dont think it should be there, but ill wait and see what i find out from someone here before i move it. ive noticed, it only seems to happen in the second age, if that helps. still cant figure out the problem...Great mod though.

Sounds like you installed some of it in the wrong folder. As I remember from the previous version of the mod the Norman Knight is the first thing that the game finds missing if the installation is wrong. To fix it:

1 - Learn to follow installation instructions. :p ;)

2 option A - Delete the folder and reinstall.
2 option B - Pull the folder named something like WH 2 5 into your /civilization 3/Conquests/Scenarios folder.

3 - Enjoy.

I'm pretty sure that this will fix the problem.

EDIT - Though I could be wrong. :mischief: What version are you using? The V2.5 I assume.

This mod has now been downloaded more than 1000 times from 3DDownloads! [party]
Congrats! I'm not surprised :goodjob:
So Civ3 could quote Mark Twain:
Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated

BTW, a couple of small possible bugs:
  • The Great Taurus has bombard with a range of 1 but no bombard button activated (Bombard is not checked under Special Actions)
  • The Trebuchet is outside the artillery upgrade chain. My guess, if we're supposed to be able to upgrade Stone Throwers and Fire Catapults to Trebuchets, is that the Skull Chucker should upgrade to Trebuchet in the editor instead of Screaming Skull Catapult like both the Skull Chucker and the Trebuchet do now.

is the 'WH2.5' file inside that scenarios file? if so you installed it to the wrong directory. it should go to: C:\Games\Civilization 3\Conquests
not C:\Games\Civilization 3\Scenarios
then it automatically adds a new conquests file with the WH2.5 file inside that.
hope that helps

@ all: i have completed my newest map. it is of the Old World. the civs in it are: Empire, Bretonnia, Kislev, Tilea, Estalia, Karaz-Ankor, Loren, Norsca, Albion, Khemri, Araby, Lhamia, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Orcs, Gobbos, and Hordes of Chaos.
it is a 130 x 130 map. i have enlarged the Old World and Albion to make it more intersting.

Also, i have made new cit Art for the Elves and Dwarves, and Humans. and have changed the Art for the Midleast. if you like i can post those too.

is anyone interested in the map or art?

hello i like this scenario very much i have a question if i install that vanilla civ will i be able to play the other scenarios?

@ Psychic_Llamas

:D I`ll eager to play your Big Map again, i`ll hope you changed some of the old bugs, but i`m sure it`ll be a hell of fun conquer the "OLD WORLD".

PLEASE POST IT!!! For everyone who likes the rpg and the story of the warhammer this Map is a must!

Cause i visit the Warhammer Forum not very often, till today i`ve downloaded the new Version.

Well done to the complete Warhammer Crew!!!
Go on with your great Work!!:goodjob:

Two Great Fanatic Fans from germany. :crazyeye:

Here they Are :)

ok, here is the OLD WORLD map that i did. it includes Araby, some of the southlands, the Badlands and Norsca, as well as Albion :)

and here is a zoomed in OLDWORLD map, of only the Old world and badlands

Wolfhart, thanks for the bug reports. :)

Psychic Llamas, this mod isn't installed to C:\Games at all, please don't give advice that implies it is.

What kind of "art" are you talking about?

I just want to say this mod is the most fun I've ever had with Civ 3. Excellent work!

.. `kay.. here`s a weird one..

I`m playing on P_L`s map, with my own modded version.. and here`s what I got.. A bretonnian settler running into my territory (Empire). It wouldn`t be so weird if he wasn`t looking awfully.. asian.. :wow:

I`m 100 % sure I couldn`t have done anyhting to cause this, all my modding was miles away from settlers.. In teh editor (both for 2.5 and the map) its stated that Bretts use only the Old World settler.. not the asiatic one.

S`up with that? :confused:

.. `kay.. here`s a weird one..

I`m playing on P_L`s map, with my own modded version.. and here`s what I got.. A bretonnian settler running into my territory (Empire). It wouldn`t be so weird if he wasn`t looking awfully.. asian.. :wow:

I`m 100 % sure I couldn`t have done anyhting to cause this, all my modding was miles away from settlers.. In teh editor (both for 2.5 and the map) its stated that Bretts use only the Old World settler.. not the asiatic one.

S`up with that? :confused:

It's a minor bug due to mishap in the editor, reported here.

Ah, thanks, I`ll fix that right away. Its a shame tho.. I just "united" the Empire - crushed the Westerland rebelion, drove out the Beastmen out of my forrests and gave the Von Carsteins a good spanking, and was turning my eye over at Bretonnia.. but its no fun if they`re gonna throw settlers at me.. :crazyeye:

I was a bit more worried when they started to throw first Questing Knights and later Grail Knights at me... but it is of course even more worrying when they recruit Battle Pilgrims from one's defenders.

In one of my games in early January I played Bretonnia with the bug fixed, and I found an island with a barbarian camp and a giant stack barbarians on it. I dispatched four ships loaded with Questing Knights there, landed southwest of the camp and spent the next ten or so turns decimating the barbarians while accumulating over twenty undead Battle Pilgrims. That was crude exploitation of the barb bug (they don't attack anything outside the northwest-southeast axis) but I wasn't ashamed at all... :mischief: and I lost most of them in battle against Estalia later on :wallbash:

I played a nice, crunchy game with Orcs against the standard WH armies (minus Wood & Dark Elves, and CD instead of OK, cos we don`t have those ;)) So.. I crushed the pansy elves before they even made their 3rd city, and then turned my greedy red eye on the Lizardmen. They got eaten in a few turns, 6 or 7 cities.

And then I realised, the 3 of us were on a peninsula.. connected to the mainland by 1 (one!) mountain square. And I controled it! Wooo! I was taunting the hell out everyone, and they couldn`t touch me! So I Waagh!-ed up, built a road and obliterated everything in a huuuge rush. Won a VP victory after 7 hours.

Edit: "bug" list deleted, cos I`m a dumbass. :blush:

That's my greenskinned man! Give it to the sharp-eared treehuggers with the pointy bit! :D

Regarding the bugs: it sounds like you have deleted a couple of units in the editor. Then Unit enslavement and Wonder/Improvement unit spawning get messed up because the marker of the enslaved/spawned unit is tied to the unit's order number in the editor and not to the unit itself, so the marker moves down the list (or rather the list moves up past the marker) when you delete other units above the enslaved/spawned ones.

And it's the Questing Knight that is supposed to spawn Battle Pilgrims, not the Grail Knight, according to the Civilopedia.

Thanks ,Wolfhart! :)

The Knight thing makes no sense to me? I thought they worshipped *the* Grail Knights, not wannabe`s..

I`ll just spank in the original .biq, it should solve my problems. Stoopid Sooside Bommas..

Can you explain the barb bug, I don`t get it?

Top Bottom