Scenario Creation

DragonTempest

Chieftain
I have to do a scenario of the age of discovery, I have read the supsequent forums and I have been stopped by one message that keeps on appearing....Missing text in pediaicons. txt game will now exit.....I have add a bunch of stuff to the scenarios...the incas and shonghai, a new small wonder the Holy site, and I was about to add three to 6 new units...I have not yet . can anyone help?
:suicide:

It's simple. Look for area in the file where you see where there's headings like this:

#ICON_BLDG_Forbidden_Palace
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\forbiddenlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\forbiddensmall.pcx

There has to be a path to a graphic for your improvement, which you'll have to enter in.

If you're adding a wonder, you'll also have to add an entry the wonder splash section below that area.

You will also have to add the Units and Race info.
At least with PTW you have to.

With PTW there is alot of info you need, I thought I read that is was going to be Easier to Mod but its not. (if anything its harder)

Originally posted by sprnv8
You will also have to add the Units and Race info.
At least with PTW you have to.

With PTW there is alot of info you need, I thought I read that is was going to be Easier to Mod but its not. (if anything its harder)

Once you know what to do, it's not that complicated. A bit time consuming though, which can be a drag.

My biggest gripe is that the system lends itself to hard to detect typos.

Originally posted by warpstorm
My biggest gripe is that the system lends itself to hard to detect typos.

I found one that it seems Firaxis couldn't be bothered to fix. The InfantryDeath.wav file has an extra space between the "h". and the period for the extension. In PTW they just used the same spelling, and of course when I tried to use that sound for a custom unit I typed it in properly. It took me about half an hour to figure out why the game kept crashing. Thanks Firaxis!

Top Bottom