City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Ok, there's got to be something wrong on my end, then. I'll recompile the mod, check the files one more time and then repost as v16.

Also, what made diplo hard? I've reduced unit costs dramatically since v11– was that the problem?

G

Ok, I'll try 16 when I get home from work.

As to the difficulty, it was a combination of a few things: bad luck (only 2 CSs nearby), my playstyle (wonder/culture whoring with 3 cities, so hammers were pretty valuable), and the somewhat prohibitive costs for the diplo units. Plus the fact that I'm so used to not really having to think strategically in re CSs!:lol: They were cheap and the AI never went for them before. Next game I will focus more on a diplo win I think.

Ok, I'll try 16 when I get home from work.

As to the difficulty, it was a combination of a few things: bad luck (only 2 CSs nearby), my playstyle (wonder/culture whoring with 3 cities, so hammers were pretty valuable), and the somewhat prohibitive costs for the diplo units. Plus the fact that I'm so used to not really having to think strategically in re CSs!:lol: They were cheap and the AI never went for them before. Next game I will focus more on a diplo win I think.

Cool. Units now average 6-10 turns to build, so diplo is more exciting.

Hmm.. 16 not working, but 14 is! Something anyway.

I don't know if this helps, but when I hit the install button for 16, it gets about 3/4 through the "extracting files" portion of the install, but does not show the "verifying files" or "copying files" sections.

Hmm.. 16 not working, but 14 is! Something anyway.

I don't know if this helps, but when I hit the install button for 16, it gets about 3/4 through the "extracting files" portion of the install, but does not show the "verifying files" or "copying files" sections.

That is incredibly bizarre. I have now tested on three machines and all worked flawlessly. What do the files look like once they try to unpack? Look in your mod folder and what do you see in the City-State diplomacy folder? That might give us a clue as to what is causing the problem.

Is there a soft-cap on the size of a mod?

That is incredibly bizarre. I have now tested on three machines and all worked flawlessly. What do the files look like once they try to unpack? Look in your mod folder and what do you see in the City-State diplomacy folder? That might give us a clue as to what is causing the problem.

There is just a CIV5MOD file by the same name as the folder ("City-State Diplomacy Overhaul (v 16)"). Another thought: I'm running Win XP SP3 if that makes any difference.

Is there a soft-cap on the size of a mod?

As to the size being a possible culprit, I DLed the hundred years war mod (because I thought it would be big -and it is- so I could watch the mod install process) and it's 12.6 MB; yours is 1.32.

There is just a CIV5MOD file by the same name as the folder ("City-State Diplomacy Overhaul (v 16)"). Another thought: I'm running Win XP SP3 if that makes any difference.

As to the size being a possible culprit, I DLed the hundred years war mod (because I thought it would be big -and it is- so I could watch the mod install process) and it's 12.6 MB; yours is 1.32.

Ok, so its not size. Did you download the one off of this site or off of the modbrowser? Get the one I have attached to the front page of this thread and drop it in your mods folder.

What's inside the folder? Critically, are there 5 art pieces per unit (5 units total)- I wonder if the problems lies there...

What's bizarre is that it works fine on my end. Its like something isn't making it from my machine to the interwebs...

Ok, so its not size. Did you download the one off of this site or off of the modbrowser? Get the one I have attached to the front page of this thread and drop it in your mods folder.

I tried both.

EDIT: Scratch that, v16 is not in the modbrowser, so I only tried v15 from there - still no luck though.

What's inside the folder? Critically, are there 5 art pieces per unit (5 units total)- I wonder if the problems lies there...

What's bizarre is that it works fine on my end. Its like something isn't making it from my machine to the interwebs...

Only the modfile. No art folders, no XML folders, just that. (Don't know if it's obvious, but I am no modder! If there's a program I could DL to look inside the modfile, I gladly will, but as of now, textedit shows a bunch of gobltygook!:dunno:)

I tried both.

Only the modfile. No art folders, no XML folders, just that. (Don't know if it's obvious, but I am no modder! If there's a program I could DL to look inside the modfile, I gladly will, but as of now, textedit shows a bunch of gobltygook!:dunno:)

Hmm...its like its simply not unpacking the files. Keep an eye here for updates as I sort through this madness.

Furious=me.

Thanks for your help in this!

Hmm...its like its simply not unpacking the files. Keep an eye here for updates as I sort through this madness.

That does seem to be the issue, as the install process does not complete the "extracting files" thing.

Furious=me.

I believe it!

Thanks for your help in this!

Sure thing, though it's really for my own benefit anyway since I want to play with the updated mod!:p

Alright, a new version is up on the main thread. I've restarted the version count and completely recompiled every part of the mod. I checked the mod file-by-file for consistency to see if anything was broken- it all checked out fine.

Nothing new, really, in v2 that wasn't in v15, it simply should work now.

Alright, a new version is up on the main thread. I've restarted the version count and completely recompiled every part of the mod. I checked the mod file-by-file for consistency to see if anything was broken- it all checked out fine.

Nothing new, really, in v2 that wasn't in v15, it simply should work now.

Sorry to say, but no, it doesn't work:
I can dl, can install, but then it doesn't listed in the browser.

Just for check, I tried this mod to install, and this works...
perhaps it helps if you compare the two in structure?
(I am no modder, so I am just shooting in th dark...)

Still no go. Is there any way that you can up the folder with the extracted content here? (So us CFCers can use it at least?;))

Still no go. Is there any way that you can up the folder with the extracted content here? (So us CFCers can use it at least?;))

Good idea, yeah! yes, extracted files in folder! :)

I started a game with v12, plus
Shiggs Earth mod,
CCMAT v9
and the one-worker mod...

I play as England, King level - this will be may first game on huge map...

Good idea, yeah! yes, extracted files in folder! :)

I started a game with v12, plus
Shiggs Earth mod,
CCMAT v9
and the one-worker mod...

I play as England, King level - this will be may first game on huge map...

I wish my system could handle huge maps:( - it gets really slow and buggy in the late game, but I expect that's due to my below minimum GPU..

BTW, v14 works perfectly for me if you have it. (Probably not too different than 12, but if you don't have it and want it, PM me and I can get to you.)

CCMAT is great! Also, check out the tectonics mapscript if you get tired of earth maps - it provides much more interesting/realistic maps (re: Mountains! Chokepoints!) than the standard scripts, and you don't know where everything is;)

I wish my system could handle huge maps:( - it gets really slow and buggy in the late game, but I expect that's due to my below minimum GPU..

BTW, v14 works perfectly for me if you have it. (Probably not too different than 12, but if you don't have it and want it, PM me and I can get to you.)

CCMAT is great! Also, check out the tectonics mapscript if you get tired of earth maps - it provides much more interesting/realistic maps (re: Mountains! Chokepoints!) than the standard scripts, and you don't know where everything is;)

Thanks for the tips!
What PC do you have? Perhaps the one-worker mod can help...

My game:
BC 1000, I know 8 CSs, and 4 of them are allied!
Oslo - to me, England
Carthage - to Germany
Athens - to Ottomans
Lisboa - to Rome
Sidon, Madrid, Stckholm and Helsinki has no allies yet...

50% by this time, great, I guess :)

Thanks for the tips!
What PC do you have? Perhaps the one-worker mod can help...

A Mac:lol: (I'm running bootcamp, which only lets me use 2 of my 8 GB of memory:p) Yes, I've looked at the one-worker mod, but boy, that seems like it could get really frustrating! But also may provide with some interesting strategic gameplay..

My game:
BC 1000, I know 8 CSs, and 4 of them are allied!
Oslo - to me, England
Carthage - to Germany
Athens - to Ottomans
Lisboa - to Rome
Sidon, Madrid, Stckholm and Helsinki has no allies yet...

50% by this time, great, I guess :)

Yes, the best thing about this mod is that the AI actually allies with CSs!

Top Bottom