Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Code of Laws

Votes: 65 48.9%
  • Iron Working

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Compass

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
I used to always just go for Metal Casting as it was the most expensive of the "sure bets." But nowadays I often go for Code of Laws to snag a religion (not so much for courthouses as I am building those somewhat later lately) and twice lately have snagged a real prize (1x Feud and 1x CS). I think I oracled HR once, but generally I just don't have the heart for oracling "cheap" stuff like HR/Alph/HBR/IW (shudder!) even though I know in my head that it can be useful.

I think you should Oracle Hunting. It is the most useful tech in the game. That's how I win at Deity.

Now you're making me want to look up the bizarre forum exchange I had with a guy who Libbed Fishing once.

Pretty much always Metal Casting. I also try to get the one that takes the most turns, that way I won't have to worry about taking so long to gain knowledge of that tech.

If you are really hardcore, you can do this:

Spoiler :
on settler difficulty at least :lol:

Usually Theology if I play a civilization that's predominantly Christian IRL. But I would go with Metal Casting too.

Usually Theology if I play a civilization that's predominantly Christian IRL. But I would go with Metal Casting too.

I get both Confucianism AND Christianity founded by choosing COL with Oracle, and use the Great Prophet (which comes fast if you built Stonehenge) to bulb Theology, and then build Sistine Chapel in Thebes. I have done this many times at Immortal level.:)

Top Bottom