Fat Cross?

fishlore

Prince
I don't have the game yet. I'm eagerly awaiting July 8. I played the demo a couple times but needed to remove it due to space limitations.

My questions are about city placement and the amount of land a city can work.

• Does the fat cross still exist in Rev for mature cities? How many tiles are available to work for a mature city?
  • When you first build a city how many tiles are available to your workers? Is it just the first "ring" (8 tiles) around the city?
  • What is the minimum distance between cities where a tile won't be competed for, assuming you want each city to grow to it's max?

Thanks in advance.

WHAT IN gods name is a fat cross?!

The tiles surrounding a city that can be worked to provide increases in food, production, and trade. The "fat cross" refers to all of the tiles for a city, not just the ones that are immediately next to it. As Krikkitone said, you need a courthouse to be able to expand the area of workable tiles.

Thank you all. I didn't know that Rev required a courthouse to "open up" the rest of the workable tiles. Very good to know. Thanks again.

I´m familiarly with the fat cross from civ iv. But I don't understand how it works in in civ rev. The maximum population size is 31, you have no problems with starving and so, what are they doing if you have max 20 titles (with courthouse, not 21 as in civ iv). I can see that you "trade" increase with population, but i don't understand how. Great if someone could explain this and how you can mange workers with the custom option. For instance how the gold prod. inc. if you turn the arrow out (from food or prod)?

Edit:
I think I found the answer...

* Laborers (Pop 1-6): +1 production
* Vendors (Pop 7-12): +1 production, +1 trade
* Traders (Pop 13-18): +1 production, +2 trade
* Merchants (Pop 19-24): +1 production, +3 trade
* Importers (Pop 25-30): +1 production, +4 trade
* Exporters (Pop 31): +1 production, +5 trade

Thank you all. I didn't know that Rev required a courthouse to "open up" the rest of the workable tiles. Very good to know. Thanks again.

Ummm...I've done the courthouse quite a bit, and it hasn't always "opened" up any extra areas (which is why I was doing it in the first place).

Perhaps the city has to have a certain population amount first? Is that it? Am I building them too early?

Ummm...I've done the courthouse quite a bit, and it hasn't always "opened" up any extra areas (which is why I was doing it in the first place).

Perhaps the city has to have a certain population amount first? Is that it? Am I building them too early?

The areas outside of the square are available to be worked, you have to place workers on them. Also, you have to make sure that the areas are within your cultural borders (not somebody else's), and that they aren't being used by another city, and that an opponent doesn't have their troops on it.

and that an opponent doesn't have their troops on it.
Very important at higher level, As soon AI has ships he will start to "block" the sea titles. You loose lot of money and you can't build ships.

Top Bottom