Caveman 2 Cosmos

Game crashed upon founding Mormon religion due to problem with the shrine video clip - I know how to work around it to get on with my game by editing the xml file so that it doesn't try to play the video file, but just thought I ought to let you know :) Using v15.

Maybe there is some interaction with your modified assets that means the cash doesn't happen at that point for me. I presume you don't have the setup to build the DLL yourself (in which casse I could probably talk you through debugging it to the extent of getting the necessary information). Failing that I could give you a debug build that might possibly throw an informative assertion failure before the crash, if you're up for that?

Figured it out after a few hours testing (good memory on my part remembering all the different changes I made).

In Civ4HandicapInfo.xml I doubled the maintenance costs for players for Distance, Number and Colony.
Changing it to only *1.5 instead removed the crash.

That's really a shame as money with Chiefdom, Despotism, and Monarchy was just right (for me) to stop excessive settling of cities.

If you want to check it out with the changes I've made (considering your thread with maintenance as well as the recently added limit on amount of cities) I'd be happy to upload the files I've changed for you.

I'll also let you know if I later run into problems with *1.5 maintenance costs.

Cheers.

Figured it out after a few hours testing (good memory on my part remembering all the different changes I made).

In Civ4HandicapInfo.xml I doubled the maintenance costs for players for Distance, Number and Colony.
Changing it to only *1.5 instead removed the crash.

That's really a shame as money with Chiefdom, Despotism, and Monarchy was just right (for me) to stop excessive settling of cities.

If you want to check it out with the changes I've made (considering your thread with maintenance as well as the recently added limit on amount of cities) I'd be happy to upload the files I've changed for you.

I'll also let you know if I later run into problems with *1.5 maintenance costs.

Cheers.

Please do. If you could upload the XML that causes it to crash from the save game you already posted I'll certainly lok to ge it fixed ASAP. Thanks for persevering to pin down the conditions that cause it

Here's the file.

I also changed Free Units (though that didn't make the crash) upwards a bit. Doesn't make a difference at all in later eras (a few gold difference only) while it makes the world to a burgeoning Civ in that an early war is a little easier and, more important, a few more Animal Units can be kept for later use.

I think, but can not be sure, that it's the 300% on Deity for Colony Maintenance that caused the crash. That one I now have at only 225%.

Cheers

Whenever I save and exit from one game then try to start a new game I get a crash.

Are you trying to start a NEW game from a game in-progress already, that is the wrong way to do things, infact I've done that also. Do you have a 32 bit PC by any chance?
Best thing to do is go to Desktop, when finished with one game and re-start your new game, it only takes less than a minute to load anyways.

I am in 1300 BC and 6 nations refuse to give up folklore and get a religion.
I can ask them to chose monarchy etc, but not change their religion civic.
Is this working as intended?

Right now there are only 2 of the 3 planned culture buildings made.

1. Regional Cultural (aka Native Culture) this spreads a regional cultural to every city. Ex. Culture (European)

2. Local Culture this is what use to be called an "Embassy". This enables spcific units and buildings. Ex. Culture (Roman).

3. National Culture this has not been done yet. Once you obtain 3 cities with the same local culture then you can build a wonder that enables that local culture to all cities within your empire. Ex. National Culture (Roman).

I just want to express my support for #3, it sounds great, and I look forward to seeing it in future versions :D

I doubt 3) will be comming because it was writen that they change it to resources and so it will spread on its own.

How can the Turkish have 3 War Chariot without even have the resource Horse at theyr only city and also not having the needed Culture for it?
Because there also two Homo neanderthalis in his stack I somehow expect its a barbarian city that have emerged could this be the reason?

Ok its as I suspected the Army a new emergent civ gets dont look for the Building restrictions.

Hi

i seem to be having a new CTD.

Tryed to load it a couple of times but same CTD every time

Here my save

I am in 1300 BC and 6 nations refuse to give up folklore and get a religion.
I can ask them to chose monarchy etc, but not change their religion civic.
Is this working as intended?

Unsure. Save game please

And once again it works after reinstalling te mod...

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I suspect it must be some side-effrect that happens to occur across a reinstall. I assume you verified that it did still happen after a simple reboot?

At end of turn it's an Endless Turn with 15.1 DLL.
Exchanging only the DLL file for the 15.0 one solves the problem. Me thinks there might be an unintended problem with the new DLL.
Uploading the save for you to check (it's again with the Caveman2CosmosSolo version). Saved Max Comp just before ending turn.

Top Bottom