THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

uploading next NC tomorrow ... have had it ready for almost a week but tiredness due to RL held me from getting around writing an intro post :p

Cant wait. Even though I moved on to Prince/Monarch, at least I can try some more unorthodox strategies on Noble.

Yet another great series on the forums... I've been playing Prince/Monarch, but got BTS a week or so ago, and went back to Noble level to learn the new civs UU's and UB's, and especially, to get a handle on espionage. This is a great series to learn on, too. Great job for getting this thread up!

TMIT, I gather you would like someone to take over hosting duties for the NC. Since I have time on my hands at the moment, and am a lower level player still not quite comfy on monarch, I wouldn't mind posting up a few WB saves after Charley runs its course. Does leader run on popular vote, or choose one that hasn't been played?

TMIT, I gather you would like someone to take over hosting duties for the NC. Since I have time on my hands at the moment, and am a lower level player still not quite comfy on monarch, I wouldn't mind posting up a few WB saves after Charley runs its course. Does leader run on popular vote, or choose one that hasn't been played?

Historically it's been a combination of popular vote and ones not played. Feel free to take over! I have some other civ things I want to do...;).

You have some liberty. Also, isolation is part of the game so I don't see any issue with it. I recommend against making it really difficult, but other than that anything should work :p.

Oh yeah, people don't like tectonics, but that's usually because of the plains. If you use that map script (and it can give some interesting maps), make sure to set the climate to "wet". Yes, there's extra jungle as a result, but the land quality is so much better overall, so it plays more like a standard map...good for the AI and beginners.

Apologies to Single Malt, but I really wanted to play NC XXX - Boudica of the Celts next.

I made a list of the leaders we don't seem to have played yet, in case someone wants to think about which to try after this. Edited as we play them:

Asoka NC XXXIX
Augustus NC L
Bismark NC XLIII
Boudica NC XXX
Charlemagne NC XXXI (plus XXVII :blush:)
Churchill NC XLIX
Darius NC XLIV
Ghengis Khan NC XXXVIII
Gilgamesh NC XXXVI
Hammurabi (NC LII)
Huayna Capac
Isabella XLVI
Julius Caesar NC XXXV
Justinian
Lincoln NC XLI
Louis XIV NC XXXII
Mansa Musa NC XLVII
Mao Zedong (NC LI)
Mehmed II NC XL
Pericles NC XXXIV
Peter
Qin Shi Huang NC XLII
Suryavarman II NC XLVIII
Victoria NC XXXVII
Washington NC XXXIII

I've just finished two warmongering games in a row -- LHC 51 (Victoria) and a replay of an old GOTM. Not quite up to the Boudica game yet, nor the Morgan Kane RPC. Can anyone recommend one of the old NC games that would be good for a nice peaceful space ship victory? Or does someone want to create one with one of the unplayed leaders and some suitably unwarlike opponents?

I wouldn't mind hosting a couple of these...no NC games in the last several weeks. I think there are quite a few lurkers at noble level but no one willing to host. Dalamb, are you posting XXXI soon ?

NC is a fun diversion for me with 1-2 cities as a break from the grind that is emp/imm.

cas

Top Bottom