Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

The problem with MP games not showing up in LAN games section can easily be fixed by synchronising the modfolders of every player. Just make sure everyone copies the Orbis folder of one player to make sure everybody has exactly the same content. Apparently, Civ checks that before allowing LAN games..:mischief:

In my opinion Orbis is the "refinement" mod whereas FF concentrates on adding content...funny you perceive it exactly opposite. FF has more civs, more heroes, wonders, spells etc. Not that it doesn't refine gameplay, it just has a different approach.

I like both mods, but prefer Orbis as FF gives us (2 player LAN) OOS almost every 10-20 rounds...or python errors....or just crashes...really takes the fun out of it.

Surprisingly, the new Orbis 024 eliminated OOS for us, we now have taken several games over 400-500 turns (standard size, epic, 14-16 civs). Really nice if you can play without disturbances and reloads (though it's dangerous, you really lose track of time ;) )

I agree with Senshi. Orbis 24b seems to be the most stable version yet. Once I finally figured out what was causing the reoccurring CtD I was experiencing, a "null" result from exploring lairs, I've not encountered any bugs at all. Great work Ahwaric!

It's so weird. The first 100 turns are slow as hell. Now by turn 800 it's as fast as plain BtS. Guess things speed up when all the barbarians are killed off? Because games without Dovellio and/or the Ljusalfar have the fastest change of turns.

[SHAMELESS]I just wanted to let you know I start a mega story. I thought up my own realm of Erebus and I've included civilizations from Orbis. I'd love feedback and ideas. Just check it out. And sorry if this is out of place or annoying.[/SHAMELESS]

I played Orbis for three days now, and I really like it. It makes a great mod even greater and the refinements are really good, better than in FF. But i agree, FF puts in more stuff and Orbis more refinements. Thank you very much! :clap:

Hi,

we do have some trouble playing orbis via Internet. The second player can join in the stagging room and the game can be started, though as soon as the actual playing map shows up for me the host, the 2nd player gets a CTD. Any help?

Hmm..Looks like an interesting Mod I'd love to try out..

..too bad file font sucks as a source to download from. 5 tries, all cut out at around 20 to 25 MB.

I dont really like what you did to the Mazatl.

One of the things that made the Mazatl fun to play was to transform all of their lands into lush green jungle. Much similar to the ancient forests of the elves, Deep Jungle forms from normal jungle in Mazatl land.

What i dont understand - why do the Mazatl gain no benefits from jungle, except health? Even deep jungle, being Mazatl-Country only, is identical to normal jungle with respect to food/commerce/production. Neither gives more recources for Mazatl than for other civs.

If have not found any tech or civ, that would enhance jungle for the mazatl. Turning grassland into Jungle is right now identical to turning grassland into plains - playing in an all-plains-terrain is extremely difficult. As of now, the Mazatl are playable, but absolutely no fun to play.

In the end, there is little reason, why a Mazatl player should even bother to keep the jungle at all - was that intended?

Yea, Mazatl used to be one of my favorite races to play as. Especially if I wanted an immortal or diety game.

Now, however, I'm more likely to find that power through the Bannor module ^_^

Which Bannor module?

Also, I'm going to add bonuses for the Mazatl to Jungles/Deep Jungles. I guess Ahwaric will do the same with base Orbis :)

Where did you get the Verocchio graphic? I want it bigger so I can make a constume of him, Halloween is approaching (please PM me)

HI! Im new to the forums, me and a friend are trying to play this over the internet together, we have both gotten FFH2 (patch D) and the latest Orbis (patch C) from the same link (the one inthe bug thread) and are both patched to bts 3.19. Yet when i host a game he cannot see it. Is there anything else we can try to get this to work?

I have also had both of us start a play now game and exit it to clear the settings. I am not sure what could be the problem, as i have played this with a different friend so I am fairly certin the problem is on his end.

Could Vista have something to do with it, he runs Vista while I use XP... thanks in advance ^^

yep, but I need the graphic to start, or someone telling me how to get if from Orbis itself

Verocchio's portrait was originally painted for Miraz from Prince Caspian. The picture is by Justin Sweet, the same author that painted many other FfH leaders. I think you can find the picture on his official site, but my connection refuses to open it right now. Also, you can use pakbuild to unpack Orbis art files.

By the way, I am almost back ;) Taking some rest now after my field work, but will be back to civilization (especially faster internet connection) in two days.
My work took longer than I expected and I need to do some update on what is going on here before I will be fully funcional ;), but I hope to update Orbis soon.

Sorry for the long silence people, I hope you are still here :)

Well, in fact, I took the liberty to update Orbis to the last FFH patch (well, next to last, the last one is one DLL stuff that isn't critical so I didn't update for that) :blush:

Glad to see you back :)

Well, in fact, I took the liberty to update Orbis to the last FFH patch (well, next to last, the last one is one DLL stuff that isn't critical so I didn't update for that) :blush:

Glad to see you back :)

That is great! Let me take a look... ;)

Glad to be back :)

Dang...I find out there is a Patch F that needs Patch F of FfH...and they are already at Patch G.

To quote Darth Vader, 'NooOOOOOOOOOo'

Arkham: no, Orbis patch F works fine with FFH patch G, no worries ;)

Top Bottom