Weekend Specials Online

Nuclear Dawn (cards)
The Lost Crown (cards)
Star Ruler
Blades of Time - Limited Edition
StarDrive (cards)
Horizon (cards)
Gas Guzzlers Extreme (cards)

Lot of steam cards but not enough to make the bundle free.
Not interested in any of those games so its a pass for me

A number of CKII titles are on sale at Greenmangaming for 75% off. I think you can also apply the DECEMB-202014-GREENM voucher to them as well to get a further 20% off. Additionally, you can use the voucher on the newest expansion, Way of Life.

GMG also has Reus for 75% off, it's a nice god game with strong puzzle elements.

Build your own bundle
https://groupees.com/meridian10

Stellawars
Syberia
Post Apocalypse Mayhem
+ Free Space hack & crash time 2

All have cards to sell, worth it since card prices are pretty high now. I assume people crafting badges like crazy to make items and sell covert into gems.

CKII and all its DLCs up to Charlemagne are on sale on steam. I'm assuming they'll also probably still be on sale during the Christmas/winter sale, but this is still a good time to grab some of them.

So what is everyone hoping to get in the Winter Sale (it starts in a few hours)? Personally my top picks will be Divinity: Original Sin and Shadow of Mordor, although I have several other games I'd like to pick up if the discount goes low enough.

Steam Winter Holiday Sale has started, I'm just going to link to the /r/gamedeals post since it is well formatted.

So Bad Rats is only 19 cents USD (21 cents CAD). While card prices will drop for it for a little while, its badge is only 5 cards so you will actually make money on it when they go back up to ~14 cents each (which they were at yesterday).

Defy Gravity is even cheaper, 14 cents USD (16 cents CAD) and also a 5 card badge.

Gearcrack Arena also has cards and is 10 cents CAD, 9 cents USD.

Some other super cheap deals, including Zeno Clash for 99 cents! Great if short game.

Steam Winter Holiday Sale has started, I'm just going to link to the /r/gamedeals post since it is well formatted.

So Bad Rats is only 19 cents USD (21 cents CAD). While card prices will drop for it for a little while, its badge is only 5 cards so you will actually make money on it when they go back up to ~14 cents each (which they were at yesterday).

Defy Gravity is even cheaper, 14 cents USD (16 cents CAD) and also a 5 card badge.

Gearcrack Arena also has cards and is 10 cents CAD, 9 cents USD.

Some other super cheap deals, including Zeno Clash for 99 cents! Great if short game.

I love you Maniacal. (no homo)
Looking to get a few wishlist games such as Valkyrie Chronicals and Unity of command with DLC.

No more cheap games from Russia :(
Everything is getting region locked, I brought all my steam games from RU and traded TF2 Keys. Valve is shooting themselves in the foot with this.

No more cheap games from Russia :(
Everything is getting region locked, I brought all my steam games from RU and traded TF2 Keys. Valve is shooting themselves in the foot with this.

They didn't really care about regional pricing until the ruble's value got cut in half in one week. I can understand why Valve would now be quite concerned about people in the US and EU buying games at CIS prices.

It was going to happen sooner or later regardless, publishers have probably been breathing down Valve's neck about this for a while since places like Russia only have lower prices because most people make so little money.

I picked it up too because I had stardrive on my wish list for a while but held off due to terrible reviews. I think the main issue is the end game combat is cumbersome and the game requires total annihilation of all enemies to win. Think total war situation when you reject the vote in master of orion. It just takes forever. I don't know if it's been updated since those reviews.

Nuclear dawn also has some bad reviews but some great ones. It looks worth a play to say the least.

I played Stardrive a bunch, and couldn't really get into it. I love the exploration & colonization aspect of a game like this, and it pulled me into battle way too quick during all games I tried to play. And then what always happened was me getting smoked and my amazing spaceship designs proving to be incredibly flawed in ways I do not understand.

I definitely got more than $4 worth of gaming out of it though. I haven't even tried any of the other games. Maybe Star Ruler is better?

So what is everyone hoping to get in the Winter Sale (it starts in a few hours)? Personally my top picks will be Divinity: Original Sin and Shadow of Mordor, although I have several other games I'd like to pick up if the discount goes low enough.

I keep buying games and I don't end up playing most of them, so hopefully nothing. But I will be scouring every single day's deals for something to buy anyway, because I guess I have a problem.

I keep buying games and I don't end up playing most of them, so hopefully nothing. But I will be scouring every single day's deals for something to buy anyway, because I guess I have a problem.
Same here, it feels like a chore trying to play some of those games now, even good ones that I enjoy like Brutal Legend.

By the way, are you saying that it makes financial sense to buy Bad Rats and Defy Gravity, and just leave them running, so that you can sell the cards and make $? Cause I get that part, but how do the badges figure in?

Defy Gravity is actually a decent game though. I but it for $0.30 in the summer sale and sold the cards for $0.20, I certainly think it was worth 10 cents. Bad Rats OTOH...

By the way, are you saying that it makes financial sense to buy Bad Rats and Defy Gravity, and just leave them running, so that you can sell the cards and make $? Cause I get that part, but how do the badges figure in?

Both of them only have 5 cards for a badge which is the smallest amount of cards required for a badge, other badges are 6-16 afaik. The more cards required for a badge, the cheaper they are. Cards for Brutal Legend (16 card badge) are only like 6 cents each, so you'd only get 32 cents selling them (after the cut Valve and the dev/publisher take). Whereas 5 card game cards usually go for around 15 cents.

Right now is not a good time to sell them since a lot of people are buying Bad Rats and Defy Gravity and Gearcrack Arena. Although a lot of people are also getting them for an easy/cheap badge so if you can sell the card for 14 or more cents go for it if you don't want to wait a month or two.

Day 2 of the Steam sale has a couple of great sales and then some really lousy deals and a couple of outright questionable choices for daily deals.

Seriously, why the hell is Spacebase DF9 featured as a flash deal? It isn't finished and Doublefine has abandoned it.

Putting up the hollow shell of a QTE masher that is all graphics and absolutely no substance that is Ryse of Rome for only 50% off and the very badly programmed asscreed unity for 33% off (which in Canada still makes it ~$50, so basically the new price it should have come out at, not the absurd $70 they are asking) are a joke too. So many better games could have been featured instead.

Killing Floor, Batman and Borderlands games at least have more appropriate discounts (50-75%). Castle Crashes is less than $2.

Guns of Icarus Online is 85% off for $2.50, great steal for a pretty good game. Best played co-op though or at least with a mic. Galactic Civ 3 is also 50% off, I tohught that only jsut came out.

Yeah bought defy gravity as well last summer, avent played it yet. heard a lot of good about it.

Dont think there is much money to be made with cards anyway. Its valve's way of making coin out of the OCD completionist/collectors. Cause they take a cut, and with millions of transactions now that becomes quite a nice sum for zero work

The entire card & Steam level system is a money making scheme, and its worked brilliantly.

Even though I do make badges and am trying to get to level 30 for a nice increase in booster pack drops, I've gotten several games and quite a bit of (mostly Ck2) DLC during sales with the money I've made selling cards.

It is pretty silly though, the stupid crap people will waste 100s if not 1000s of dollars on...

Need a level 8 Steam account to get Christmas sale cards.
Might as well craft a few badges, make back money via selling Christmas cards, I get from voting.

I need a lot of exp, sigh oh well sacrifice steam cards to the Valve God.

Top Bottom