The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

I wonder will dark souls 2 be on sale and if it will go up to 50 to 75% off, id be very interested in getting it if it dose.

From/BandaiNamco have just announced that a new version of Dark Souls 2 will be released in April. That version will have all the DLC... And graphical enhancements... It's not even clear if the people who bought the current version will have access to that and for what price when the upgraded version shows up. Considering that the people who bought the "old consoles" (360 and PS3) versions will only have access to the new enhanced version on the "new consoles" (Xbone and PS4), that means they'll have to buy a whole new copy of the new game in its new version for their new consoles... so it seems possible that the enhanced edition could show up as an entirely different game on Steam... People who bought the original DS2 on Steam this year are currently uncertain as to how From/Bandai will deal with them, will we get a free upgrade? A cheap update? Will they sell us the enhanced edition as an affordable (or horribly expensive) DLC? Or are they just going to deny us this and ask us to buy the game as a whole new Steam game just to have access to their DX11 version? ...

Basically even if Dark Souls 2 became cheap now, I wouldn't buy it until the publisher clarifies what he intends to do for current owners of Dark Souls 2 when the new version hits the store... It saddens me to say this because the Dark Souls games are among my favorite games ever. If you haven't played Dark Souls 1, it could be worth buying it now as it's 5$. They will remove Games for Windows Live from it within a month or so.

Here is a place to start reading on this whole crapstorm http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/25/dark-souls-2-scholar-first-sin/#more-252167

I pre-ordered Elite Dangerous and have been poking around in the Combat Simulator Demo while I wait for the release date. I was pleased by the game mechanics and was very pleased at how well it ran on my computer, despite it being about 2 years old in parts.

Space Engineers. I quite like it so far. It's like a more difficult (if you're in survival mode), far more entertaining version of Minecraft with spaceships and a sick damage engine.

From/BandaiNamco have just announced that a new version of Dark Souls 2 will be released in April. That version will have all the DLC... And graphical enhancements... It's not even clear if the people who bought the current version will have access to that and for what price when the upgraded version shows up. Considering that the people who bought the "old consoles" (360 and PS3) versions will only have access to the new enhanced version on the "new consoles" (Xbone and PS4), that means they'll have to buy a whole new copy of the new game in its new version for their new consoles... so it seems possible that the enhanced edition could show up as an entirely different game on Steam... People who bought the original DS2 on Steam this year are currently uncertain as to how From/Bandai will deal with them, will we get a free upgrade? A cheap update? Will they sell us the enhanced edition as an affordable (or horribly expensive) DLC? Or are they just going to deny us this and ask us to buy the game as a whole new Steam game just to have access to their DX11 version? ...

Basically even if Dark Souls 2 became cheap now, I wouldn't buy it until the publisher clarifies what he intends to do for current owners of Dark Souls 2 when the new version hits the store... It saddens me to say this because the Dark Souls games are among my favorite games ever. If you haven't played Dark Souls 1, it could be worth buying it now as it's 5$. They will remove Games for Windows Live from it within a month or so.

Here is a place to start reading on this whole crapstorm http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/25/dark-souls-2-scholar-first-sin/#more-252167

I've bought Prison Architect and the Skyrim DLC, which was finally 75% off on Amazon after literal years.

Is it too late to buy a season pass and trade it for FC4?

Thanks again for all of your support, our team worked very hard so that you could claim your free game before the holidays. The web based platform is now operational, if you are a season pass owner, you can now claim your game here.

Please find below a FAQ to help you use it.

Am I eligible to receive this offer?

Everyone who has purchased the Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass or Gold Edition is eligible for this offer. Please note, you must activate the Season Pass for our system to recognize you as "eligible" for the offer. If your Season Pass was activated before November 25th, you will be able to use the website to select your free game immediately. If your Season Pass was activated after November 25th, a delay of up to ten days may occur to define your eligibility in our system.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/977458-Season-Pass-Free-Game-Website-is-Live

Since the season pass is discontinued, you cant activate it anymore. I also dont think there is a keysite that still sells the season pass. At least not the sites i know (gamersgate, kinguin, g2play, gmg,....)

EDIT: how necessary is the dlc for cities in motion? Got that game for being member of paradox forum.

Got Rise of Nations and DX:HR-DC so far. Death Skid Marks is pretty cheap, waiting to see if it will go on a higher discount. If it doesn't, I'll still snag it at less than $10 before the Holiday Sale ends.

Bought a PS4 this weekend and picked up Shadow of Mordor. Pretty damn fun game.

I picked up euro truck simulator 2 on sale the other day, having tons of fun with it so far, its such a relaxing game, I also got risk of rain and Stronghold HD for about 3 euros altogether.

Edit anybody know how to add personal radio streams into ETS2? I found some tutorials but they weren't helpful and hard to follow.

I continue to completely fail to understand that and other simulators.

Goat Simulator is a parody of bad sim games, good joke but usually doesn't provide mode people with hours of fun since it is very short.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is pretty decent as an actual simulator, it is relaxing and has a pretty decent build your own trucking business from the ground up gameplay in it.

Flight sims are pretty self explanatory. I don't know of any other sims that are good or don't suffer from a terribly low budget.

Top Bottom