Europa Universalis IV

The AI does seem to be better in EUIV at avoiding unwinnable wars although Burgundy ended up fighting most of Europe in my current game:

Spoiler :

They were trying to conquer Lorraine who were initially backed by Bavaria and Austria. Over the next few months Poland, Spain and then Brandenburg (offered Austria an alliance) joined the war. At the end of the war Burgundy only lost 4 provinces.

Euiv devs have mentioned that an announcement for a new DLC - the size of CoN or WoN - will be made next week. Ignoring how wonderful announcements of announcements are, I'm hoping (though perhaps futilely) for something focusing on East Asia or Africa.

Euiv devs have mentioned that an announcement for a new DLC - the size of CoN or WoN - will be made next week. Ignoring how wonderful announcements of announcements are, I'm hoping (though perhaps futilely) for something focusing on East Asia or Africa.
I am....
suspicious.
Then again as someone working on a mod and responsible for 90% of africa, please be africa.

Timeline extension is unlikely for EUIV I think. I doubt they'd stretch back into CKII's timeframe, and the devs have even said extending the timeline back to 1399 for EUIII was a mistake; meanwhile while extending past 1821 to around 1836 is possible I don't really see what exactly the point of it would be, given there wouldn't really be much of a thematic reason for doing so.

oh great, I just stocked up on all the expansion and I'm gonna be behind already in a month...

What did I expect, it's paradox....

No one's forcing you to buy the DLC and the patches are always free.

No one's forcing you to buy the DLC and the patches are always free.

Have a read in the patch notes, most of the new game mechanics arent free at all...

Witout art of war you cant transfer control of a province during a war, declare war for supporting rebels, cant direct the military focus of your subjects, or your allies, not use your subjects CB,... All pretty major stuff. And that is only the first five lines of the patch notes.....

You could play CK2 without dlc. Which means you're a boring catholic who cant even go on a pilgrimage or raising your own levy. All paying features....

Given that free lunches do not exist, I'd rather have Paradox make DLC than not.

Witout art of war you cant transfer control of a province during a war, declare war for supporting rebels, cant direct the military focus of your subjects, or your allies, not use your subjects CB,... All pretty major stuff. And that is only the first five lines of the patch notes.....

You say that like any of that was in EU3. I don't see why you persist in being so negative about a fairly reasonable business model.

Given that free lunches do not exist, I'd rather have Paradox make DLC than not.

Except you already payed for the lunch and you get doubly charged for stuff that might as well been at it from the start. I wouldnt have mind if EU4 charged 50 or even 60euro like some games do nowadays, if I would get a game that is complete from the start and not changed it mechanics twelve times. (personal unions, rebellions, AE, truce timers,...), or kept adding stuff that could have been in from the start. I mean seriously, the possibility to direct an ally to a specific location isnt that hard to come up with, yet it took them a year

You say that like any of that was in EU3. I don't see why you persist in being so negative about a fairly reasonable business model.

Dont see what EU3 has to do with this? There are shockingly games/developpers out there that add new stuff compared to their predecessor without charging extra for it.

If you think €40 (base game)+ €117 (dlc)for a game is a fairly reasonable bussines model, good for you. Not all of us have a job in the City. I prefer a business model where people who dont want to spend the full price of what they paid already again, get shut out of gameplay.

And by DLC, you're counting every single piece of cosmetic or musical upgrade as well? If so, well, stop buying the irrelevant shiny stuff.

And by DLC, you're counting every single piece of cosmetic or musical upgrade as well? If so, well, stop buying the irrelevant shiny stuff.

Its stuff that should already been in there.

Even with only the gameplay dlc/expansions you get a total sum of €100. And the complete edition isnt even complete.....

Start doing math?

Moderator Action: Please do not make this personal, it is trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You could also wait 5 more years until they are done with it. Then, 5 more years, while they're fixing the bugs, but uh oh we now have EU5 East vs. West Victoria 3 released so we'll abandon this whole thing.

You could also wait 5 more years until they are done with it. Then, 5 more years, while they're fixing the bugs, but uh oh we now have EU5 East vs. West Victoria 3 released so we'll abandon this whole thing.

or HOI4

I'm guessing you were the sort of person who refused to buy Throne of Bhaal because "Its stuff that should already been in" Baldur's Gate II?

Besides, if we're now doing 'math', as you so quaintly put it, how much does €100 work out to over a period of 18 months or so?

I'm guessing you were the sort of person who refused to buy Throne of Bhaal because "Its stuff that should already been in" Baldur's Gate II?

Besides, if we're now doing 'math', as you so quaintly put it, how much does €100 work out to over a period of 18 months or so?

I'm more the person who doesnt blindly throws money at everything I guess and doesnt go "everything x does it brilliant" and "I like to keep paing for an incomplete product they keep constantly changing (and bugging it often in the proces)".

The period over which they bring out the dlc is completly irrelevant. Its about the price of the end/complete product, time has nothing to do with it.

CK II was published nearly 3 years ago. :cool:

About time it actually got wrapped up and said "this is the product we have/had in mind" instead of keeping to squeeze it.

or at the least not having it unplayable because the AI cant dismiss his troops

This is why I buy the Farmer's Almanac. It has the complete weather forecast, none of these silly dribs or drabs we get from the regular weathermen.

Top Bottom