What are you guys playing now?

Do you have a nividia gpu? There's some bug where leaderheads can crash civ5 with nividia gpus. Try setting the leader detail to the lowest setting.

Do you have a nividia gpu? There's some bug where leaderheads can crash civ5 with nividia gpus. Try setting the leader detail to the lowest setting.

Also there is a setting in the "video options" (don't have the game in front of me) it's a checkbox for using the GPU for something ... need to make sure that is not checked.

Has anyone tried Endless Legend yet? I guess it's a 4x game made by the same people that made Endless Space, which I quite enjoyed, so I'm thinking of getting it, but would rather hear from other's that it's good before I spend that money.

Nobody replied to this yet, so I will.

I have played only small amounts of both Endless Space and Endless Legends, under 30 hours each. I did not get Endless Space until I got the 50% off coupon from Endless Legend's Founder Pack.

That said, it seems like Endless Legend is a really well done game. Balance issues exist, but they are generally getting stomped out by patches. It feels like the game has massive bonuses for AI, but then so did Endless Space. It has more of a Civ-esque expansion style in having a hex grid map, but each region can only have one city, turning each region into a solar system essentially. Combat is a lot better and more intuitive to use imo, though auto battle still exists if you prefer to focus on other things. I have not yet fought any major wars, though I like the general design and composition of armies. I additionally like how the natives system allows you to fix potential holes in both your military and management areas of your nation. I have read that the end game is lackluster, I very rarely finish games however, so I can't comment on that. Also of note is the extreme amount of variety this game has. No 2 civs play the same, and attempting to play them the same will not work.

I'm not sure it's worth $40, but it certainly is a good game worth getting. I do not regret getting it for $40 myself at least.

Nobody replied to this yet, so I will.

I have played only small amounts of both Endless Space and Endless Legends, under 30 hours each. I did not get Endless Space until I got the 50% off coupon from Endless Legend's Founder Pack.

That said, it seems like Endless Legend is a really well done game. Balance issues exist, but they are generally getting stomped out by patches. It feels like the game has massive bonuses for AI, but then so did Endless Space. It has more of a Civ-esque expansion style in having a hex grid map, but each region can only have one city, turning each region into a solar system essentially. Combat is a lot better and more intuitive to use imo, though auto battle still exists if you prefer to focus on other things. I have not yet fought any major wars, though I like the general design and composition of armies. I additionally like how the natives system allows you to fix potential holes in both your military and management areas of your nation. I have read that the end game is lackluster, I very rarely finish games however, so I can't comment on that. Also of note is the extreme amount of variety this game has. No 2 civs play the same, and attempting to play them the same will not work.

I'm not sure it's worth $40, but it certainly is a good game worth getting. I do not regret getting it for $40 myself at least.

Yeah I ended up getting it myself. I like it, but it has a few issues that keep me from liking it quite as much as Endless Space. One issue being that I simply like space 4x games more than terrestrial ones, but also I have serious concerns with the AI and one or two niggling complaints about the way research works. Overall though a really good game, probably wouldn't be worth it at the $50 price point that most new games cost but for the $35 I paid for it it's solid.

I've been playing the Blackwell series (retro adventure games by Dave Gilbert). I'm about to start on Convergence and they're pretty good.

Picked up Wasteland 2 this weekend, it's totally awesome so far. It's the game that Bethesda SHOULD have made when they made Fallout 3.

Playing a complete version of ME3 with all the DLC and stuff, the Citadel DLC is awesome, I have no complaints about how its pretty much just fan service except that I wish inviting people into the apartment visits lasted a lot longer.

I need to replay ME3 sometime, try the other classes. I tried everything in ME2 but only did the one play through and one character in ME3.

Finally got around to installing Warframe, about to see what the fuss is about.

Predictably enough, back to Paradox games. In EU4, I've resumed a game from this summer/fall where I'm the Ottomans and have traded a good Timurid alliance for a better French alliance, and thus security against Austria. The Byzantines still exist in the mid-1500s due to an early miscalculation, but the African front is going pretty well, largely through diplomacy, and the Ottoman outposts in Italy have held out well enough so far.

Also playing Vicky2, as Italy-who-controls-most-of-the-Mediterranean. Absolute monarchy survived the 1850's unscathed, with, ironically, reactionaries causing the largest revolt despite the reactionaries being in power. Military technology investments have paid dividends, as Great Britain's war of 1859 lasted six months and was a major humiliation for them, resulting in a loss of land for their Holy Roman allies, and Castille becoming the new most prestigious nation. Meanwhile, I decided to not only defend my Timurid allies against Russian expansionism (by which Russia hopes to regain their Great Power status), but call in all my allies. Sweden decided it'd be fun to join as well, and now Russia's looking at a bleak situation. All in all, it's going pretty well.

There's no American Civil War on the horizon, as Great Britain never lost control of its colonies. I alter between forgetting that and wondering how much longer until it'll happen, and debating whether I should force Great Britain to release the Thirteen Colonies, the USA, or Newfoundland in the next war. It's different all right, but in a good way.

I've been playing the crap out of dead space 3 for five days in a row. Almost finished with the single player story. I know I reviewed the game her a long time ago when I first got it but I only had about ~10 hours played and stopped playing for some reason (got sucked into dota I guess). But now that I've revisited and understand more about the game I love it. At first I thought it wasn't as good as the other two but now I think it's definitely better than dead space 2, despite a few clunky interfaces. The combat is better, the weapon crafting system, while overwhelming and full of potential microtransactions, is actually really cool cus you can make such a wide array of badass weapons. Like I have an assault rifle with a built in shotgun and another favorite is a plasma hard hitting pistol with a built in submachine gun. You can make anything from rocket launchers to javalin guns and combine weapons in awesome ways.

Still playing Dragon Age Inquisition and loving it.
I have now come to the conclusion that although it is not the perfect sequel I would have wanted for the series, (and there's a bit too much Skyrim and Mass Effect) in it for my taste, it is a strong contender for the best game I've played this year, and it does many things better than Origins. The world is larger and feels more alive, you can truly explore your environment instead of just choosing a side tunnel from time to time, and it has probably the best crafting system I've seen in a game until now.

Well ive been playing beyond earth until last weekend, its broken but its fun at the same time. I love the space theme and lore surrounding it. Im going to wait on a few patches though until i come back to it id say.

Ive started a portugal playthrough of EU4, seems much more interesting now with the extra countries in SA that came with the patch/AOW (I dont have AOW yet). Im going to do a playthrough of bioshock 1, the roommates love it and recommended it to me, i've gotten to the medical pavilion so far and i'm enjoying it, going to try and spend all day friday finishing it. Ill have to ease up though after next friday as I have semester exams in two weeks time. But I definitely want to give dragon age origins a go, as i picked it up for free on origin about a month ago, been watching streams of inquisition and it looks like alot of fun!
Also I picked up rise of nations, it was on sale on steam, i haven't played rts outside of sc2 since AOE, was wondering what people around here think of it?

A mixture of Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft Alpha 1.1.2.

I don't fully understand DF, so I had to disable invasions so I won't get rampaged without first getting ready. In fact, one of my fortresses died out when the water froze.

About Minecraft: I have been since Alpha (so I was able to see a small part of the community before every YouTuber had a Let's Play of Minecraft), but I played it on the house of a friend of my brother and I really only bought it just before it became Beta. Now back on topic, I'm just exploring my surroundings to find a good place to build a city. Hope this time I don't end up abandoning it like always.

Well ive been playing beyond earth until last weekend, its broken but its fun at the same time. I love the space theme and lore surrounding it. Im going to wait on a few patches though until i come back to it id say.

Ive started a portugal playthrough of EU4, seems much more interesting now with the extra countries in SA that came with the patch/AOW (I dont have AOW yet).

Had you played Portugal previously? I tried them in 1.6 without any expansions, and it was probably my most boring EU game ever. Mainly because there were no neighbors of note (well, Castille, but they were only of note for 50 years or so and then it got boring). I could see the redesigned New World and additional natives making it more interesting, but I'm not sure it would make it enough more interesting for me to try Portugal again.

Had you played Portugal previously? I tried them in 1.6 without any expansions, and it was probably my most boring EU game ever. Mainly because there were no neighbors of note (well, Castille, but they were only of note for 50 years or so and then it got boring). I could see the redesigned New World and additional natives making it more interesting, but I'm not sure it would make it enough more interesting for me to try Portugal again.

Yeah i did, but i didnt finish it so thats my goal here. Theve added a bunch of smaller nations on most of the continents, In South America Theres alot more native tribes, they have a new mechanic which allows them to "migrate" between provinces too.

This was definitely implemented with the patch, because i do not own at of war at all.

WoD. Like any WoW expansion, it has reinvented a lot of wheels - some of it good, some of it bad. And like every WoW expansion, I'm hooked as usual.

If anyone on here wants to get started in WoW, send me a PM - Bliz still offers rewards to people like me for inviting folks, and I can hook you up in game with some "resources." Only established members, though =)

I just bought R.U.S.E. on steam for $2.49. So far it seems like a pretty nice looking ww2 strategy game

You control units on a landscape

Spoiler :

that turns out sits on a tabletop if you zoom out far enough

Spoiler :

Gameplay is neat - there's lots of other units doing their own stuff, both friendly and enemy, while you move your units around on a landscape that's also a strategic map. Your units turn into icons if you zoom out enough, etc.

So far well worth the $2.49 i'm playing through the single player campaign right now - multiplayer seems to be a big part of the game too.

Top Bottom