Fairy Tale Download and Info

I believe HighwayHoss was indeed working on something back then. He was adding more religions and made the Lore-specific religions assigned to the proper kingdoms, like The Eagle Order is assigned to the Principality from the start. We have to ask him about it when he shows up. I think he's modding Elemental right now.
Sorry I've been kinda busy on other things so I haven't been doing too much Modding. As for E:WoM while it has potential IMHO I find the game disapponting in some respects; however it has some potential.

Yeah. It has gotten really crappy reviews and (just like Civ5, in fact) it was rushed out to the public too early. I bet things will get better now that Kael himself is assigned, so just stick with it. I will give Elemental a look when Kael has worked his wand upon it later on, but right now, I'm busy with this other unfinished game called Civ5.

Here's the Beta of my Hundred Years' War for Civ5, if anyone's interested.

Optional Map Pack

I found a lot of old maps I worked on during the process of development of Fairy Tale and I bunched them together and now release them as a Map Pack. There are maps here that followers of this mod will recognize from before. New to this package are The Arda Maps, which were given to me by the Arda Team. they were to include them in the Arda Mod, which sadly never took off though. Let those maps live on in this form.

Place the maps in the Fairy Tale Private Maps folder and you're good.

Download

The Patch 3

Installation

You need Fairy Tale Version 10 for this Patch to work. This Patch includes all the updates done in the previous Patch as well.

Drag and drop the Fairy Tale folder found in this .zip to your mods folder in Beyond the Sword. Do NOT place it in the MyGames folder, but in the installation folder instead. Overwrite where asked.

If you have problems with the mod or want to give feedback, please write us on the Fairy Tale CivFanatics subforum (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=389) or on the ModDB page (http://www.moddb.com/mods/fairy-tale).

Patch History

Patch 1, September 22, 2010
*All Fairy Tale Maps have been reviewed and the resources situation updated.
*Balancing of the Vestallan Units.
*The Seductress Yatenga Hero is now buildable.

Patch 2, September 24, 2010
*Corrected a glitch with the Well not giving Fresh water. Thanks, Ono-Neko.
*Reduced the Train Unit rate so kingdoms won't build so friggin' many of them.

Patch 3, October 30, 2010
*Both the Angleeye and Vestallan Knights are now buildable.<br>
*The Yatenga Worker can now pave roads too.<br>
*More Civilopedia. VeBear wrote more on the Dwarves.<br>
*Corrected the animations on the Vestallan Highwayman unit.<br>
*Finally rid the mod of error message popping up when Hero units were built.<br>
*Dafiden created Python to implement the Victory Condition "Kill the Badguy" better into the game.<br>

Download here (Has been pulled until further notice. There is a small problem still to be fixed...)

Hey Sage, I have a small idea. Why not take the Fairy Tale Europe map you have already made a bit further? Use my map here and make a populated Old World with 18 civs and fewer resources while you place a great amount of resources in the New World.

I tried your map with the mod. It works splendidly well just putting it in the Private Maps folder of Fairy Tale. It should be an interesting game.

A Good Review

Sometimes I waste my time searching Fairy Tale for Civilization on Google, and sometimes I find reviews of the game. Here is one. I'm red-faced from the compliments. Geez.

Ross Lincoln wrote a good review on Fairy Tale back at V7 as well.

I was laying there on the sofa a while ago listening to Elton John in almost total darkness when someone rang the doorbell. As I normally would do, I went and checked the door, and when I saw these kids all dressed up I suddenly realised 'It's halloween'. And then I though, shouldn't I also celebrate Halloween in some way? Yes, and what better way to celebrate a day about lore and legends than listening to Elton John and eating Swedish candy when you are playing a mod that focuses on the same aspects of this day. Happy halloween everybody ;)

Blimey. I didn't realize it was Halloween! Over here we don't celebrate Halloween at all. I've seen pumpkins and in the store, but that's it. The most people do to celebrate the dead over here is to go and light candles on passed relatives' graves, and the kids go door to door and learn the blessings of begging at Easter instead. Then they dress like witches and rabbits and don't look scary at all, since I find them scarier in their regular forms.

Happy Halloween to you too! :)

Finally I used my laptop again, finally I could download patch 3 :woohoo:

Le Sage - Coming back to play some FT after having played some of the earlier iterations. I notice now that there are a series of - I think - 10 scenarios that appear to be in some particular order. However, I can't find much info about that scenarios and there's nothing that pops up in Scenario 1 that tells me what is going on or what the objectives are. Is there something that provides more information on these scenarios? Are they inter-linked at all.

They're not a story, like the FfH scenarios. They're loosely linked in that they all take place in the Fairy Tale World during different stages of its history.

There is some info on the different maps and the game in general in the html manual which is found in the Fairy Tale folder of the download. Just click the .html file (Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Fairy Tale), and it will open and it's possible to navigate it like a proper webpage.

Yep, I had checked the manual and didn't find it helpful in that regard.

The End of an Era

I am now personally going on to mod Fairy Tale 2 and Civ5. I am sad to say that I won't have time or energy to continue developing Fairy Tale 1 anymore.

There was a lot to do still, but I leave my friend HighwayHoss in charge, so this will mean that the mod will still be developed if he wants to. All updates he makes will be uploaded to the Fairy Tale ModDB page as well.

I will still be around here on the forum too, of course! I just won't do any work on the mod anymore.

Then I guess that I should let you know Hoss... if you ever need some help with maybe adding some of the new civs we talked about in the Ideas for Civs thread or anything other, just shout it out and I shall try to help.

Top Bottom