CivWorld walkthrough video

It is interesting that Sid Meiers himself has been assigned to the project by 2K Games. One could assume that such a project does not require a "heavy" like Sid but just associating his name with the project would be a clue that this represents a major direction in which 2K wants to move.

A lot of people have this misconception but allow me to clear it up: This entire game is Sid's idea and his design from the very beginning.

He gets to work on whatever he wants.

A lot of people have this misconception but allow me to clear it up: This entire game is Sid's idea and his design from the very beginning.

He gets to work on whatever he wants.

Hey 2K Greg! What a nice surprize. Now you have to bear in mind that I like Sid Meiers and Firaxis. Their products have been among some of my favorites for years. Moreover, I am quite averse to turning a PC game hobby forum thread into an ideological battleground and usually stick to the moding areas for just that reason. (After all, gaming/moding is just a fun hobby for me and not an occupation, nor should it ever become an obsession.) However, one cannot help but smile at your swift rebuttal of my CivWorld assessment even though there is no reason for one to feel that your statement about Sid Meiers would be incorrect.

In addition, I think that CivWorld will probably be a success and maybe a huge one at that.............although not due to traditional Civilization players but rather the rapidly expanding "facebook-type-genre" of people around the world for whom CivWorld is geared towards.

looks fun. i'll probably play a game or two.

You know Awesome, I'm going to cut and paste your post to my files. With all the arguement and debate over Steam, Civ5, CivWorld, moding, mass media marketing, etc., that's been going around these days; it does me good to remember to think of PC games and gaming in such an uncomplicated, light-hearted manner.

WTF :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe instead of making that crap you should patch Civ V to make it look like a good game... finally...

Moderator Action: Posts such as this are considered trolling. This adds nothing of value to the thread, and only serves to provoke negative reactions. Please ensure that you're posts are conducive to civil discussion.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Im looking forward to this game. Since I didnt like civ5 at all(bugs, no mp animations etc). The coop part is most interesting to me

I hope this game takes another step in browser/fb games evolution. Like lord of ultima did with "trivian" like games. Now Settlers, german only atm is IMO most complex/playable browser game.

Also not to forget, in tearms of 3D games inside browser like Battlestar Galactica Online and upcomming Star Trek infinite space.

We might see some real good RTS games in near future directly from browser and without lags

For all of you who like civilization there is an experimental version of freeciv for chrome brower (no downlaod, real browser game)

http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/freecivnet/?f=

Looks like a facebook game that actually could be worth playing, but I doubt I'd ever play it anyway unless the one other friend I have who's into Civ got me to do it with him.

I actually find Civ World surprisingly absorbing. Fix some UI issues, get rid of the annoying flashing lights, give penalties for people who leave their nation, and all will be well!

Also, truncate the African League music a bit better. Right now it ends really abruptly.

Top Bottom