Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

hello Hulfgar sorry for the late responce hopefully i gave you the right logs.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 55
Grishnikov -- you have saved the day with your tip/trick so that I won't get the 12kb save game file bug! Thank you so much. Those steps are definitely worth it and I haven't had any issues since.

So now, I'm on turn 320 and my game keeps freezing on the Barbarian turn. I'm not sure what to do or where to start looking to see what the issue could be.

Are there any tricks to get a different result than freezing? Maybe if I make a different build choice for a city right before I end the turn? Can I do something or is the game lost?

Sorry for my ignorance with these things.

Hulfgar
After more play testing with Ynaemp I have learned that the uploaded Mod File works, but only if certain settings are enabled in the game setup screen. You have to check Add Major deposits of Resources and Add specific resources at starting positions. The major deposited of resources allow coal and oil to spawn in and adding specific resources at staring position gives each civ a couple of luxuries at their Capital. What's strange is that the rest of the map loads blank with only coil, iron and oil. Horses only spawn in near capitals and some luxuries such as salt are very hard to find. I'm not quite sure what is happening

Also I used IGE to discover all other civs (31 of them) and to research Printing Press. The World Congress screen button showed up and unlike whowards DLL - 34 civs, it could pop up instantly. So now we know that the problem isn't with this mod and too many civs, it's with this mod and Whowards DLL mod.

Valhallan that's strange. I remember encountering this bug but can't quite remember what I did to solve it. I remember I played around with IGE quite a bit. Maybe the issue is with auto save? Try disabling auto save and see what happens. And if that doesn't work use the kill switch on IGE for the barbarian civ. This wipes out all barbarians, but not their encampment. This might solve the issue if it's a barbarian sided bug

Hi Hulfgar,
I've found a problem when playing Complete v10, the unit missile cruiser is not appearing on the production list of my coastal cities, even though I have the tech for it. Just thought I'd let you know.
Tau112

Valhallan that's strange. I remember encountering this bug but can't quite remember what I did to solve it. I remember I played around with IGE quite a bit. Maybe the issue is with auto save? Try disabling auto save and see what happens. And if that doesn't work use the kill switch on IGE for the barbarian civ. This wipes out all barbarians, but not their encampment. This might solve the issue if it's a barbarian sided bug

Strange. When I tried to enable IGE in the game so I can kill the barbarians, everything freezes. Hmm...

All right, so I disabled auto-saves (I think). Then I had to right-click on IGE to uncheck the option to auto save when opening IGE.

Turns worked fine.

However, when I tried to save normally about 8 turns later, game froze and I got the 1GB save game.

I guess if it's not one thing, it's another!!!

I'll have to research how to remedy that, now!

All right, so I disabled auto-saves (I think). Then I had to right-click on IGE to uncheck the option to auto save when opening IGE.

Turns worked fine.

However, when I tried to save normally about 8 turns later, game froze and I got the 1GB save game.

I guess if it's not one thing, it's another!!!

I'll have to research how to remedy that, now!

For what it's worth, I had this problem years ago when vanilla first came out I think at that time my PC may have been too under powered for the game (ie Intel Centrino, 4GB ram and 512 graphics), after the game was patched and I switched it to my i7quad, 8GB ram and 1Gig graphics I never had this problem again

I've skimmed almost all of the pages on this thread looking for solutions to the multiple GB save game problem but didn't see a real solution. Sorry if I missed it -- my eyes are toast now.

Everything was working fine (thanks to Grishnikov's fix for the 12kb save game issue). So I'm not sure why now I'm suddenly having the big GB save game issue. Was there ever a fix or solution to that?

I think my computer is good enough to handle it:

Intel i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz (but only 2 cores)
6GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7650M 1GB RAM

Again, was saving with no issues until about turn 325.

Hi all,

sorry to answer a little late, I am back after 5 days off with the family :)

Valhallan about the gb save game bug :

- delete the bad save, clear the cache, try to load a valid save 1 or 2 save earlier than when the bug occurs.

if it happens again try to save save via steam cloud or if you can load the last valid save on another computer, play a few turns and switch back to your main PC. It helped me with the gb bug.

I don't think that it's an hardware problem : I have an I7 with 16GB ram, it should be more than enough for Civ5.

So now, I'm on turn 320 and my game keeps freezing on the Barbarian turn. I'm not sure what to do or where to start looking to see what the issue could be.

Can you send me a valid save? I wish to try it and see if it's a bug in one of the barabrian's units/buildings.

Tau112 thanks for this report, I will have a look into it.

Grishnikov_007 thanks for your update.

Well everything was going very smoothly. No 12kb saves, no issues. Great gameplay.

Does this latest patch that just came out a few days ago affect Hulfgar's mod at all? The game loads with the mod and it seems to be fine. But I'm getting the 12kb save issue again -- even after doing the Grishnikov fix.

I will say this:

I tried starting a new game in the Medieval Era. Would that cause an issue?

Thanks!

Hi Valhallan,

I tried starting a new game in the Medieval Era. Would that cause an issue?
Which version do you play ?
If it's the latest it should not be an issue, if it's an earlier version then the game may grant you the disabled techs which will unlock some unwanted buildings and units.

Does this latest patch that just came out a few days ago affect Hulfgar's mod at all?
I've not seen this patch yet, so I will check it.

after a quick look : unless they made some undocumented changes the patch should not break anything in the mod.

I will have to update the smokehouse so that it benefits from the bison resource but that's all as far as I see it.

Hulfgar, what version of Hulfgars Modpack Ultimate Edition for GK are we up to. I have been playing "Hulfgars Modpack Ultimate Edition for GK 3.3 (v 3)" for the last week solid and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, if there is a new version could you point me to it? I actually think G&K is hard than BNW but that's just my opinion

Also I was looking through the civfanatics mod database and thought I might try " hulfgars_postmodern_expansion__v_6 " for BNW so how do I go about activating this first before " Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW v11 RC ", thanks

Hello Onmy6,

for G&K "Hulfgars Modpack Ultimate Edition for GK 3.3 (v 3)" is the good version.
I am working on ver. 4 but it's more work than what I though first. When it's ready for a beta I will send the link to you if you wish.

Also I was looking through the civfanatics mod database and thought I might try " hulfgars_postmodern_expansion__v_6 " for BNW so how do I go about activating this first before " Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW v11 RC ", thanks

To activate a mod before another one : unselect all mods, clear the cache, select the mod you want to be loaded first, exit the game.
Restart the game, select the second mod and they should be loaded in the right order.
But I don't remember making a postmodern_expansion for BNW.

For BNW I have made 2 independant mods : Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition and Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition.

Hi Hulfgar, Ok cool thanks and yes when Ver 4 is ready for beta testing let me know. Thanks for the "heads up" on mod ordering much appreciated and as for " hulfgars_postmodern_expansion__v_6 " looks like I got my wires crossed again I thought it was an extension of/to Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition, my bad

Top Bottom