TerraForm -- a map editor for CIV dos

Hello, Dack. You must've been heard this for many times, but I can't help not to thank you for your work in making such a good civ's editor. I did play this game, back in the beginning of 90-s on my old 386 dx 40. Those were the days!)) And with the dos box prog I am surprisingly able to play it again on my job place, when boss isn't watching)).
I got your prog, but aint got no key for that. How can I have it?

I did like it said. But I cannot send an email. It brings me to the page which says:

"serega071079, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Well, I guess it's not that easy as it seemed. But thanx anyway. It's not critical. Will wait

Very stange. It's been 5 days since my registration, but still on the same place..

New Member Restrictions (see forum rules)
Newly registered members may not use signatures, e-mail forum members, post visitor messages, use the private messaging system or join or create social groups, until they have been members for 5 days AND have at least 5 posts.

Because of these rules you will not be able to request a key until you meet the 5 days / 5 posts rule.

My poor wife is going to rue the day I got the registration key for Terraform (which works perfectly might I add). Its going to be so difficult to not edit every game I play. With so much power, comes so much more responsibility. Thanks to Dack, I've wanted a Civ1 map editor since I bought Civ1 in 1996.

TerraForm is written in Visual Basic 6, so a Linux port is unlikely. No idea about Wine support. I guess it'd come down to how well Wine supports the VB6 runtime.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I can boot into windows to use it, but it's annoying as my computer runs painfully slow in windows.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I can boot into windows to use it, but it's annoying as my computer runs painfully slow in windows.

Can't you just test it on WINE? I've only Linux so I could use some support from fellow users ;)

I have big problem with memory, I suppose, as I really think, someday before, many years ago I had and opportunity to use a map editor for CIV1. It was, when I still had a Windows 3.11, perhaps. But I'm not sure.
My primary fun of playing CIV1 would be projecting my own worlds and playing them. The TerraForm is something I was looking for.

i wonder if it can be ported to Android,as i(and a lot of ppl all around the world) do play Civ 1 on their Android phones(and iphones too)..

To use TerraForm, you have to follow the instructions on the first post in order to request and receive a registration key. Once you have the key, you can use it to unlock the save functionality.

Download and install the program. You click on about and then on request reg. key. From there, just follow the directions. It's pretty straight-forward.

"Follow the instructions in the Request For Registration Key text box"

is this somehow relevant for my system, processor and ram and so?

Yeah, its five days and five posts, though a little word of warning, Dack doesn't give keys to those who post in this thread before they have done their five posts, so if I were you, I'd go and post in other threads for a bit before asking him for a key to the program.

Top Bottom