Single Unit Graphics

Perfect. :)

Does this new alternative also require the banner raiser/lower-er?

(And, I assume it's compatible with the mods that the old version was (GEM/RED)?)

Does this new alternative also require the banner raiser/lower-er?
Nope! :)

(And, I assume it's compatible with the mods that the old version was (GEM/RED)?)
Yup! :)

I want to tweak the formations some more, and play with the R.E.D. unit choices a bit, but I'm not sure what kind of interest there is in such a mod (other than the one guy who suggested it). I found it is kind of nice to have the visual feedback of a hurt unit being comprised of less models.

Hey Nutty, when using this mod in Vanilla with the latest MAC patch, my game crashes, do you know what's the problem here? I've never had this problem with earlier games pre the patch.

Nope, I tried using Single Unit Graphics with other mods and by itself, I always get a crash.

This is in new games, already occurring games, and I get a game crash at random times. There's no telling when a game would crash, it crashes between turns. Honestly, I can't tell why it crashes, when it does. None of the mods I use are bad. I'm currently using a mod that adds a new jet fighter in, and 1000+ turns later, I only crashed when I had Single Unit Graphics loaded. I don't get crashes using Ingame Editor, and that mod by itself is buggy on my system.

I think it must be the newest patch for the Mac App Store Civilization V. Before this patch, I had no problems using Single Unit Graphics.

Try deleting both of the VanillaVariations files in the SQL folder. The game appears to be stricter with (admittedly bad) SQL syntax than it used to be. I'll upload an official fix after I do a little testing.

Ok, I'll give it a try later when I get time and post back if this makes a difference.

EDIT: OK, so I took out those two files you said, loaded up my game again (with another mod) and after about 50 turns of bombing Mongol cities with a battleship and some fighter planes, I haven't experienced a crash yet.

Has anybody tested whether this is compatible with the most recent patch? I've been looking through my old list of mods and trying to see if they might have problems since the patch and from a couple brief tests it seems like it doesn't cause any problems.

Thanks! Hopefully there wasn't too much you had to modify.

EDIT: Are there any plans to release a reduced units version of v9?

Getting the scale right is the only tough part.

As far as RUG: Yes, I'm well on my way to finishing it. And I intend to get FUG (up to 6 models per unit) done at some point... But I've got a lot of pokers in the fire at the moment.

Hilariously enough, I noticed while I was doing some troubleshooting for another mod, that the information age trade caravans are hilariously (3 tiles long) huge. As in big enough for my up-sized warrior to climb into the truck and drive it huge.

I'll let you know if this applies to cargo ships and caravans of different ages. I haven't had the chance to test it out since my game crashed.

Nice one!

I'll never understand why or who is making these decisions at Firaxis to have each new Civ iteration harder to read (Civilopedia with text on black background), harder to visualize (no option to see units in the game map represented by a clear-to-see-and-identify single unit), and harder on hardware resources (Civ5, the turn-based tabletop game, seems to be heavier than Crysis), but I'm glad the modding community is here to correct at least some of those design errors.

Voted 5/5.

I'll let you know if this applies to cargo ships
Yup, it does:

Got Titanic ? :D

The problem seems to affect the modern variants of trade route units only; their size is okay until the modern era. All other units (military et al) I've seen so far seem okay, modern versions included - notice the normal-sized destroyer in the left tile.

Hey Nutty, does Single Unit Graphics compliment R.E.D.'s spinoff Just Ethnic Diversity that you also made?

Hey Nutty, does Single Unit Graphics compliment R.E.D.'s spinoff Just Ethnic Diversity that you also made?
They're alternatives to one another. They both only affect scale and number of units, and Single Unit Graphics has always been designed to complement R.E.D. Modpack.

To lessen potential confusion, I've set it so both can't be enabled at the same time.

Top Bottom