Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

Hm... it sounds like you may have enabled one of the add-ons without enabling the base mod.

I just downloaded the main file, put it into my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 5\mods and that was it.. did I forget something?

I just downloaded the main file, put it into my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 5\mods and that was it.. did I forget something?

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) comprises three mods (or four, if you include the optional units). Which one(s) did you enable in the mods menu?

All of them

Does that include the Optional Units? Are they actually vanilla models where they should be ethnic models, or do they show up as spearman?

There's no need to have all of them active since Just Ethnic Diversity and Single Unit Graphics are (mostly) just different scaling options. On the other hand, that shouldn't have hurt anything.

Very odd... Have you tried clearing your cache?

Update!
1/27/2012: Now that I've got the Korea and Wonders DLC integrated, v12 is going gold.
Note that I've changed the name from "R.E.D. Unofficial" to "Ethnic Diversity," and vanilla scale is now the default. R.E.D. scaling is now enabled via an add-on.
...and...
NEW! For those using R.E.D. scaling, Smaller Landmarks shrinks resources, features, and improvements to better mesh with the unit scale.

Aw crap. I've already found a largish bug. I left a lot of the R.E.D. formation entries in the default (vanilla) scaling, and it results in some serious crowding.

EDIT: Sorry about that! Fixed it in 12.01. I'll have to fix Optional Units later tonight.

I've also attached just the changed files to this message. Just copy them into your Ethnic Diversity (v 12)\XML folder.

EDIT #2: Similarly I've attached the changed files for Optional Units. Just copy the folders to your Ethnic Diversity - Optional Units (v 12) folder.

EDIT #3: Sigh. New bugfix. See first post.

For some reason the RED units appear vertical in game; tanks and ships.

Help

I had the same problem at one point, and I wish I knew what I did to make it go away. I assume you've tried clearing the cache. Are you running the latest patch of the game?

EDIT: See below. Fixed in v12.02.

Can you do 50 graphics units?

I'm not sure what you mean. There are more than 100 units added by this mod, and 40 more in the optional units pack.

Or is it that you want the R.E.D. scaling to go even smaller, and have 50 infantry models per unit?

Good job and many thanks for keeping R.E.D. updated :goodjob:

As I've said, I won't have time to update all my mods, and the WWII one will have the priority, so I hope you're okay with keeping R.E.D. in your mod. (and again, having one base mod and optional size/formations is a good idea)

I had the same problem at one point, and I wish I knew what I did to make it go away. I assume you've tried clearing the cache. Are you running the latest patch of the game?
As a fix you should include the Edited_Aim_State folder from Danrell in your base mod, with VFS set to true for all files in it.

Those files are needed by Danrell's units, and even if it will also works if you've copied the folder directly in the game main installation folder, I think it's safer (and easier for the user) to have it deployed directly with the mod.

Can you do 50 graphics units?

I'm not sure what you mean. There are more than 100 units added by this mod, and 40 more in the optional units pack.

Or is it that you want the R.E.D. scaling to go even smaller, and have 50 infantry models per unit?

No, I'm saying 1 rifleman=50 grahpic rifleman(like the single graphics)

Good job and many thanks for keeping R.E.D. updated :goodjob:
Thank you for a wonderful mod that I did little more than copy and tweak.

...so I hope you're okay with keeping R.E.D. in your mod. (and again, having one base mod and optional size/formations is a good idea)
Oh, that was always part of the plan, unless you had qualms about it.

As a fix you should include the Edited_Aim_State folder... I think it's safer (and easier for the user) to have it deployed directly with the mod.
Ah! The folder is included in the copy to common folder, but I had no idea that it was moddable (nor, I think, did danrell). EDIT: See the first post, I've put up a new version (and a hotfix).

No, I'm saying 1 rifleman=50 grahpic rifleman(like the single graphics)
Sure, it's possible, but...
That would be incrediably taxing on system hardware, I believe
I had the same thought.

On a side note, Nutty, are you able to create the new units, or import them from Civ 4? I might require your help with a mod of mine, if you're available...

I've only been doing reskins. I've played with Blender a little, but I was daunted. I've always intended on going through those tutorials at some point... Maybe I will, since I got laid off and now have some time on my hands.

Hello Nutty,
am I right assuming that the "Edited_Animations" folder doesn't need to be in the common folder anymore with version 12.02?
Also regarding the optional units, do they work in a way that for example Germany's Paratroopers will always look like they're from WW2, no matter in which era you currently are?

Thanks in advance. :)

Top Bottom