Ask Dennis Shirk about Civ V: Gods & Kings (submissions closed!)

Thanks everyone for your questions! Submissions are now closed. We've had an awful lot of questions asked that we'll now sift through, and hopefully we'll get the answers for you sometime next week. Unfortunately given the number of questions, there are some really good ones that we'll have to pass on, but that just means that the ones we do pick will be excellent. :)

Please note that WePlayCiv is still accepting questions here, and Apolyton hasn't started yet, so look out there for another opportunity.

I think that you should publish a list of questions sent to Firaxis.

Thanks everyone for your questions! Submissions are now closed. We've had an awful lot of questions asked that we'll now sift through, and hopefully we'll get the answers for you sometime next week. Unfortunately given the number of questions, there are some really good ones that we'll have to pass on, but that just means that the ones we do pick will be excellent. :)

Please note that WePlayCiv is still accepting questions here, and Apolyton hasn't started yet, so look out there for another opportunity.

I repeat my question about communicating with the other forums :)

Damn, I just realized my submission is no longer valid. :(
And I had a pearler! I haven't read this thread just yet, give me a moment....

....I only had a brief look through and it seems this one's gone out of our focus. So seeing as my question is entirely void;
'Given that the newest concepts into Civilization V are religion and espionage, will there be any more new Great People units that allow benefits to these - ie the Great Prophet and Great Spy?'

I think that you should publish a list of questions sent to Firaxis.

the list of questions, and their answers, will get published at the same time.

It's quite possible that some questions have answers that they already promised (marketing shenanigans) to others. And GDC is coming up, so they have to save 'something' for that.

edit: So we might have to hand more questions over after being told 'can't answer that'.

Damn - too late. I have reported the following (i anyone wants to, you can copy them to other forums):

Will the configuration of chosen beliefs be the same for every follower of given religion? Ie. if Ghandi will find Christianity and choose 'Just war' belief - will every christian nation have 'Just war'?

And if so:
Will choosing new beliefs be exclusive for founder or every follower could choose new beliefs if first to spawn Great Prophet?

And
If it is possible to have multiple religions in one city?

We'll reveal the questions when we reveal the answers.

Probably important to note, though, that we still haven't finalised the list of questions. There are a lot to choose from!

I'd like for them to define "late spring" - if you look it up it can vary depending on where you live due to climate differences. :p

Well, I assume they'd use the solar calendar not climatological indicators. So, as long as it's before the Equinox you'll be ok.

Well, here's how I see it;
Given that Firaxis is in America and I'm in Australia, my Winter is their Summer, and visa versa. Therefore if releases in Spring in America, it will be (officially) Autumn here. Now given that the date suggests the slightly more specific late Spring, and that the seasons generally last for three months, logically the month in which the release date will fall is closest to the last month of my Autumn, which is May.

I therefore predict the release date to fall within the month of May with a one week margin of error on the last seven days of April and the first seven days of June.

Well, here's how I see it;
Given that Firaxis is in America and I'm in Australia, my Winter is their Summer, and visa versa. Therefore if releases in Spring in America, it will be (officially) Autumn here. Now given that the date suggests the slightly more specific late Spring, and that the seasons generally last for three months, logically the month in which the release date will fall is closest to the last month of my Autumn, which is May.

I therefore predict the release date to fall within the month of May with a one week margin of error on the last seven days of April and the first seven days of June.

June is summer in America.
But you could still be right.

Strongly hoping for "as soon as it can possibly be released so I can throw more money at firaxis"

So I take it that the answer to the questions will be this week sometime? How will they be placed? via the front page or in the thread, or a new thread or..?

June is summer in America.
But you could still be right.

I'm aware of that. I'm allowing the chance that it may lie close to, but not 'exactly' late Spring, hence the margin of error.

In any event I can wait for it whenever it does come. Has any new information come out recently on the game?

Think like a marketer. "Late Spring" = the day before Summer, ie June 19th.

Top Bottom