Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Yes this is a very nice mod... and the fact that it works well alongside other mods such as EUI is very nice too: Howard69's pick & mix approach is the right one, EUI should not attempt to be all things to all people. Better try to do a few things well than waste time copying other people's better ideas...
And the basic problem is that I have more ideas than time or motivation to code them :( (and yes one thing I did try was make all of the map stuff scale with zoom, like the unit flags in strategic mode, but that failed to game's GUI shortcomings - or my understanding thereof :lol:)

I'm having some trouble with the install, I don't seem to be able to find the default DLC folder, it's not in my assets folder, i tried creating one but it doesn't work. Is there anyway to fix this?

:dunno: what game version do you have ? is it up to date ? search on your computer for a folder called DLC_01, or for a file which includes "mongol", since everyone is supposed to have the mongol DLC which is located inside the game's DLC folder.
If you have a Mac, you could ask for help on the Mac forum.

Version 1.8 (December 14th, 2013)
  • Fix some bugs
  • TopPanel: strategic resource mouse over provide details on how resources are used, local production, imports, exports (the numbers don't always add up, but this is a game bug)
  • CityBanners: hide range strike icon when no more ennemy units are in range following a kill
  • CityView: remove empty bottom bar and use wasted space
  • Change folder structure: some components are broken down further (more modularity)

I really like the changes you made, great mod!

Here are few questions.

What happened to the city build queue? I use that feature all the time in vanilla, and for some reason it is missing from your mod. Especially useful for new cities where you want to build a number of things in the mid / late game without having to micro it every time it finishes some production.

I agree that the right side is too cluttered. Do you think it would be possible to move the notifications to the bottom middle of the screen perhaps? Between the unit pane and the mini map seems like prime realestate for a horizontal scroll bar for all of those notifications, giving the right side all of the room for the Civs and city states.

Thanks a lot for the work you've put in, I really enjoy what I see so far. Happy holidays!

What happened to the city build queue?
It's got bugged in the "small" interface version :lol: (fixed in v1.9)
I agree that the right side is too cluttered. Do you think it would be possible to move the notifications to the bottom middle of the screen perhaps? Between the unit pane and the mini map seems like prime realestate for a horizontal scroll bar for all of those notifications, giving the right side all of the room for the Civs and city states.
That's an interesting idea, moving the existing game notifications. Ultimately, though, I would like to get rid of most of them and have the relevant icon on the civilization ribbon flash instead.

This looks great, I'll try it out a bit later. Found this thread while searching for something I was wanting to do with my mod.

I noticed in the "Ideas for the Future" section you mention removing Notifications; however, I tend to micro-manage my empire and would not like seeing the Population Growth notification going away without an option to restore it (matter of fact, I'm in the process of integrating CIVUP/VEMs old Enhanced Notification system to show Pop growth beyond 5 and border growth).

Lastly, perhaps you can answer the question that brought me here initially... for my mod I wanted to enable the ability to rename units (The "Edit" button on the top right of Select Promotion window) at any time instead of just being there when the unit is eligible for promotion. Since you've done some amazing work on the UI, would you happen to know where I could locate the coding for this "event" to include it in my mod? (Or perhaps you might include it in yours? :D)

I tend to micro-manage my empire and would not like seeing the Population Growth notification going away
No way I would remove essential notifications without at least something equivalent in place
I'm in the process of integrating CIVUP/VEMs old Enhanced Notification system to show Pop growth beyond 5 and border growth
Don't bother, Enhanced User Interface already does that :D (it's one of those few features I forgot to document, it also notifies on border expansion regardless of size)
I wanted to enable the ability to rename units at any time
That's very easy to do, I can include it since it does not change gameplay...

Hello bc1.

One of IGE's users reported a problem that appears to be caused by your mod, more specifically your tooltips.
In InfoToolTipInclude.lua, line 746, "attempt to index local 'leagueProjectReward' (a function value)".
local leagueProjectReward = GameInfo.LeagueProjectRewards{ Building = building.Type };
local leagueProject = leagueProjectReward and GameInfo.LeagueProjects{ RewardTier3 = leagueProjectReward.Type };

The error is on the second line. Afaik GameInfo's members actually return iterators. So if my memories are correct you need to do something like:
local leagueProjectReward = GameInfo.LeagueProjectRewards{ Building = building.Type }()
local leagueProject = leagueProjectReward and GameInfo.LeagueProjects{ RewardTier3 = leagueProjectReward.Type }()

Right now this problem unfortunately prevents IGE to start up and our common users are heading to me because of the error message. So I would appreciate if you could fix it please. ;)

Don't bother, Enhanced User Interface already does that :D (it's one of those few features I forgot to document, it also notifies on border expansion regardless of size)

Great! Although I'd still like to locate the code to expand my understanding of modding... I had a hard time figuring out how they coded it in CIVUP/VEM because their Lua are all interconnected so picking out just that bit of scripting and how to get it to function was beyond me (of course I'm working with an OLD pre-G&K version of CIVUP/VEM...).

That's very easy to do, I can include it since it does not change gameplay...

Perfect! I always hate it when I mistype a name and have to wait until a new promotion (or churn out a new unit) to fix it... or when I decide to re-organize one of my task forces/garrisons and have to find some way to XP them up to fix the names.

I'm using your great improvement with Hitm II v5 and the techt tree is broken. I deleted a folder Tech??? yesterday and I figured that would do it. I tried to take an ingame screenshot from the techtree but that fails somehow. When I succeed I'll attach it to illustrate the problem.

Attachments

• Broken Tech Tree.jpg
    Broken Tech Tree.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 203
A number of tooltips show what I guess are internal variable names, for example the Caravan shows TradeRouteLandDistanceModifier and TradeRouteLandGoldBonus.

Really cool mod, thanks! :goodjob:

But when I'm in the city view of a puppeted city, I can't find the button to annex it. It looks like this:

8930_2013-12-22_00001.jpg

The only other mods I have which modify the UI are:
Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
Ethiopia Color Fix (v 1)
InfoAddict (v 22)

If I remove the PlotHelp folder, the normal popup for puppeted cities reappears.

Great! Although I'd still like to locate the code to expand my understanding of modding...
The Enhanced User Interface code for that is in NotificationPanel.lua line 528 and following.
with Hitm II v5 the techt tree is broken. deleted folder Tech??? that fails somehow
The screenshot doesn't help much, I would need the lua.log (see instructions in OP). You might want to try removing both the TechTree and ToolTips from the Enhanced User Interface, see if that works.
when I'm in the city view of a puppeted city, I can't find the button to annex it. If I remove the PlotHelp folder, the normal popup for puppeted cities reappears.
Your screenshot clearly shows that another mod you're using has taken over the CityView script which contains the Enhanced User Interface annex button code. If you want the city banner annex popup back, remove the Enhanced User Interface CityBanners folder, not PlotHelp.

Top Bottom