Reform and Rule

Honor makes the troops more effective - liberty and tradition produces more troops. I think it is balanced. The main difference is that honor gets its gold and culture out of fighting which is as it should be.

If that is tricky, could you not have policy that increases your global science for every built city by 1%? Or if that is tricky as well, boost the science of all cities except the capital by 10-15%.

With respect to Reformation Beliefs, while many of them are pretty marginal Glory of God (faith buy any type of great person) and Jesuit Education (faith buy science buildings) are both very useful. In the event that both are taken Charitable Missions (extra influence with city-states from gold gifts) is usually a decent grab since gold is easy to get and city-state alliance perks are valuable.

I meant not beliefs, but your social policy called "reformation"

I play fairly tall, but I still settle some cities after completing Commerce.

It may be impractical, but I like to purchase all production, food, and happiness buildings for a new city so that it is ready to support itself, and will not be a drain on my happiness.

I'd probably still use that strategy with Commerce in its current state in the mod when founding cities, though the income from an empty bank seems mostly geared to drip-feeding City State bribes: which is certainly useful.

After few games, i say Commerce finisher gold is too small. Maybe add additional effect like "If your gpt > bonus gold you will get double income instead of bonus"? Or make it scalable with eras?

Thank you very much for putting so much time and thought into this mod.

I'm enjoying it a lot. It's going to be torture deciding between this and CEP in the future ;)

Birthplace of the Revolution's tourism aspect is currently out of sync with the tooltip (aka, it is bugged). In version 14 you do get the tourism, but only in the capital. I've fixed it so that the bonus is provided in every city and will release the update later today. If you have an autosave from before you picked the Birthplace of the Revolution policy you'll be able to play with the tourism bonus in every city.

I know how frustrating it can be to have a game you've invested many hours in disrupted by bugs. Dedicated, observant and helpful users, like katfish, brutha, manannin and others have allow me to find and fix more bugs in a week than I could do in a month without their help.

Version 15 has been released and includes the fix for Birthplace of the Revolution.

Bezhukov, do you know what version of the mod you are using? versions before 14 did have some issues with the Rationalism opener.

Change log:
V 15 Reform and Rule (minor bug fixes)
Spoiler :

• Order 2: Birthplace of the Revolution - Fixed bug with Khans not getting the move speed bonus.

:mischief:

On a side note i still don't like birthplaces and play with vanilla freedom tree.

A couple things I noticed on my first playthrough with v11:

-The Rationalism opener came into effect when I opened Exploration [which it seems you have fixed already]

-I also had some strangeness after getting Humanism, which I activated late in the game, after getting several tenets in Order. Every time a Research Agreement completed after Humanism, every unresearched tech would either gain massive amounts of science points toward it [like 168,392/10,499 or something], so that I'd be getting each tech one turn after another, or in some cases it would be a rather large negative number, so that it would now take 100+ turns to get into the positives and finish the research. I didn't notice what was going on for a few turns so I don't have a good save or anything, and it seemed every time that the next RA trigger or GS bulb would 'reset' it back to normal, at least until the next RA went off.

Overall I think the mod is great, thanks a bunch!

A couple things I noticed on my first playthrough with v11:

-The Rationalism opener came into effect when I opened Exploration [which it seems you have fixed already]

-I also had some strangeness after getting Humanism, which I activated late in the game, after getting several tenets in Order. Every time a Research Agreement completed after Humanism, every unresearched tech would either gain massive amounts of science points toward it [like 168,392/10,499 or something], so that I'd be getting each tech one turn after another, or in some cases it would be a rather large negative number, so that it would now take 100+ turns to get into the positives and finish the research. I didn't notice what was going on for a few turns so I don't have a good save or anything, and it seemed every time that the next RA trigger or GS bulb would 'reset' it back to normal, at least until the next RA went off.

Overall I think the mod is great, thanks a bunch!

Would be an A+ mod, if not for the bugs. Wish author checked every policy with ingame or memory editor. Well, not everyone has such time on hands. Cant have all nice things.

This is a fun mod! One problem I haven't seen anyone else mention is that Military Caste doesn't give me 50% science for the Heroic Epic. Playing as Korea on Immortal, you can understand how I would place a premium on that. :) I see the extra happiness from the social policy, so the problem appears to be specifically with the science bonus.

I updated the mod through steam today. Not sure if it was working before that though, as I didn't use Honor in my last game.

I like the freedom tree. It rewards a slightly more active strategy, and has many synergies with Race to Religion. The two together make for really fun and adaptive games. Passive bonuses like those in Order are powerful, but many don't encourage such a different approach to the game.

IMO

I like the freedom tree. It rewards a slightly more active strategy, and has many synergies with Race to Religion. The two together make for really fun and adaptive games. Passive bonuses like those in Order are powerful, but many don't encourage such a different approach to the game.

IMO

Birthplaces should be incorporated in standalone mod and available from the start. Or split between tradition, commerce and Rationalism openers. For now this interesting idea has bad design.

That would definitely see them being utilized more.

For now Indonesian candi spam with race to religion peace gardens, mosques, the mausoleum of helicarnassus, Glory of God, and Sainthood is still...fun :)

I also like being encouraged to expand late game...and the RtR pop boosts make it viable. With that approach the later birth places don't seem so bad.

Early presence of birth places, with all the enhancers remaining in freedom, would be fairly balanced and more rewarding. Once again though, it would make the rewards more passive. You need to work to really benefit from freedom as is. It may be less powerful, but that design philosophy is more interesting to me.

Hello I've just downloaded the mod from this link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21934 I've copied it to my mods folder in documents, entered the game enabled it, started playing...and I didn't notice that in the patronage and in the commerce tree some of the of the policies(one in each tree) isn't there and their totally hashed out, even the string animation between the policies are hashed... so I can only pick the respective branches and just two in each.

PS: In the Honor tree My Warrior Code Policy is placed between, and somewhat a little bit behind(graphically speaking) the Professional Army and Discipline policies. Well worth mentioning that in this case all policies work...but my problem is strictly with the two mentioned policies.

Could you please help me?

By the way I like the changes you made a lot, their very interesting...and the description you gave each policy is really great, it made me think more "poetic" and go pre-game and chose what I want for my civ, so it can have a powerful empire, not even looking at the advantages each civ gives just going from the general idea provided by your description...really nice...I chose to play Egypt(the first time, not in this particular situation when I went with patronage and commerce) and chose to go 3 Policies in Tradition, 4 in Honor, Full Tree in Aesthetics and Full in Freedom.

Top Bottom