DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

Hey so when I use this mod and smart ai and csd, what is your mod bringing to the table. I know it's more than pioneers.... If i wanted this mod to just be a bridge to make csd and smart ai to work how do I do that and turn off all else?

Hey so when I use this mod and smart ai and csd, what is your mod bringing to the table. I know it's more than pioneers.... If i wanted this mod to just be a bridge to make csd and smart ai to work how do I do that and turn off all else?

Pioneers/Colonists are from CSD – an optional change that can be disabled in the mod's Options.sql file.

Nothing is enabled 'by default' in Whoward's mods, aside from bugs and error corrections. Any and all features are part of his 'Pick'N'Mix' collection, where you download individual mods and enable them. See the link in his signature. If you do not enable these kinds of mods, or the Civ IV Diplomacy Features mod, your game will not have extra 'features.'

See the CustomModOptions.xml file in the v51 folder for information on what all is possible in the combined dll (just don't edit it directly).
G

Using v51 of the DLL, Civ IV diplomacy features v10, its enabler mod v1, CSD v23, and v4 of its enabler mod, all enabled and in that order if it matters. Deleted the .dll's from cIV Diplo and CSD. No other DLL mods. The only .dll I have activated is whoward's v51. I am ~91% sure I did this correctly. However, I CTD on game generation :/

From skimming through this thread, I imagine this is some sort of lua conflict with another mod. Maybe? I don't know anything about coding, so I don't know how to go about diagnosing this other than trial and error, which, frankly, I don't have the time for. I can't effectively disable/enable mods one at a time for hours on end hoping the game doesn't CTD. That would be like guessing the code for a combination lock starting at 0000 and going up one at a time until it opens.

What I'm asking: Is there a list somewhere of mods that are "known offenders" concerning the three mods at the top here? Or can someone tell me what file to open with which program to figure out which mod or lua file/whatever is causing the crash? Sorry if I'm just an idiot and missed something painfully obvious.

Using v51 of the DLL, Civ IV diplomacy features v10, its enabler mod v1, CSD v23, and v4 of its enabler mod, all enabled and in that order if it matters. Deleted the .dll's from cIV Diplo and CSD. No other DLL mods. The only .dll I have activated is whoward's v51. I am ~91% sure I did this correctly. However, I CTD on game generation :/

From skimming through this thread, I imagine this is some sort of lua conflict with another mod. Maybe? I don't know anything about coding, so I don't know how to go about diagnosing this other than trial and error, which, frankly, I don't have the time for. I can't effectively disable/enable mods one at a time for hours on end hoping the game doesn't CTD. That would be like guessing the code for a combination lock starting at 0000 and going up one at a time until it opens.

What I'm asking: Is there a list somewhere of mods that are "known offenders" concerning the three mods at the top here? Or can someone tell me what file to open with which program to figure out which mod or lua file/whatever is causing the crash? Sorry if I'm just an idiot and missed something painfully obvious.

What are the other mods you are using? Also, can you run the 'combined mods' (Civ IV D + CSD+ Whoward) without a crash?
G

whoward any chance you can add diplomacy values mod to this? it shows you exactly how many points + or - each thing is (at war -9999999, or, they accept all your religions +25)

Does the "Diplomacy values mod" (link required) contain a DLL? If not, there is no need for it to be added, as you should be able to use the two together.

whoward any chance you can add diplomacy values mod to this? it shows you exactly how many points + or - each thing is (at war -9999999, or, they accept all your religions +25)

Isn't this already part of the Civ4 Diplomacy Features mod?

Select 'transparent diplomacy' option in advanced startup. Or does the other mod do something different?

Just a quick question, is this mod compatible with Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition for BNW? I know it's compatible with the mods from whoward and the civ4 diplo mod when they were separate.

This is exactly my problem as well. In my case I'm using the Civ 5 1.0.3.144, CSD v23 (without DLL), enabler mod v4, and v51. And CTD when loading mods. I'm searching in vain for answers.

I'm using EUI also, if that has an affect I don't know.

I also cleared the cache but it didn't stop the game from CTD before advancing to "single player" option :(

I can perfectly fine, play CSD v23, solely on its own, with a couple of other mods. But as soon as I pair it together with v4 and v51, you know the story..

I was thinking, until I found a solution with this. Maybe playing CSD v14 and AI smart would perhaps be something near the same experience.

This is exactly my problem as well. In my case I'm using the Civ 5 1.0.3.144, CSD v23 (without DLL), enabler mod v4, and v51. And CTD when loading mods. I'm searching in vain for answers.

I'm using EUI also, if that has an affect I don't know.

I also cleared the cache but it didn't stop the game from CTD before advancing to "single player" option :(

I can perfectly fine, play CSD v23, solely on its own, with a couple of other mods. But as soon as I pair it together with v4 and v51, you know the story..

I was thinking, until I found a solution with this. Maybe playing CSD v14 and AI smart would perhaps be something near the same experience.

You probably are either using another mod that is not from WHoward's site that is causing the crash or you did not load the mods from the first post. Even some of WHowards own mods are not compatible with all his mods such as Civ Morindim. I am running these along with over 100 of WHowards mods with no issue including AI smart. I do run about 15 other mods but have eliminated other ones that caused the problem you are describing. You should be careful with others mods even if they don't have DLL in that they may cause a conflict. I would suggest disabling all other mods and see what happens then start enabling them to see the possible culprit.

rltmd317: I understand what you mean but in my case it was only those three necessary mods that is enabled, and still crashes. The other mods are there, but unthicked.

rltmd317: I understand what you mean but in my case it was only those three necessary mods that is enabled, and still crashes. The other mods are there, but unthicked.

Read post #1 - specifically the bit "If you're convinced the problem is with the combined DLL and it's causing a crash to desktop (CTD), please attach your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CvMiniDump.dmp" file."

V52 has just been uploaded to my web-site (along with the 34, 43 and 62 civ variants), it can be used as a replacement for V51 in post #1 of this thread

I'm sorry but I don't seem to have such CvMiniDump.dmp file

I've searched through every folder, the whole computer infact, but I don't find it. Or does it perhaps generates the moment it CTD and then deletes itself?

Top Bottom